Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Handy tractor

• 21-04-2020 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am looking for a tractor to do topping and spreading fertilizer on a small holding. Land is in west if Ireland so I assume I will need a 4wd. Plan on spending 7-10k. Was looking at hi 895 but not sure if I would be buying trouble. Any advise would be appreciated. Not to worried about comfort. Just mime thing that’s realizable and easy to maintain. What should I look out for when looking. Not that experienced with tractors but need a starting point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

For topping and spreading fertiliser, I use a MF35.
    I have a bigger tractor for bales and other heavier work bit if you need a tractor for the tasks you mention, then smaller than you suggest, and 2WD should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Depends on the land, for that work i used a ford 4600 i picked up for 3 grand, plenty good for light work, ive always had a gra for the same which seem to be priced reasonably enough compared to other 4wd tractors

Advertisement