Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid19 FPL Implications

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

F1ngers wrote: »

So with no games for two game weeks they will have the head to heads decided by a virtual coin toss rather than add an extra two weeks to the end of the season (assuming it is only two weeks are postponed)?

Out of the cup myself anyway so not a worry for me but just curious how they are going to try to reorganise the season with so much changes. Caught out already by the Manchester City Arsenal game being postponed and making Aguero captain and De Bruyne 0 score for the week another blow to my teams score when I would have captained Salah if it was known that all teams just had one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

macraignil wrote: »
    So how then do they decide which team from each head to head goes through on the weeks with no games?

http://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1238489644964216838

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

This means some monster doubles of it gets going again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Can't really understand the logic of their proposals, like the order of the games left aren't going to change, so why not just have the next set of games in GW30 whenever that may be, and possibly just reset players chips/transfers etc to what they were at the deadline of GW29 - can't see anyone really complaining about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

GW 30 clean sheet odds

npmkvunyvfm41.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Can't really understand the logic of their proposals, like the order of the games left aren't going to change, so why not just have the next set of games in GW30 whenever that may be, and possibly just reset players chips/transfers etc to what they were at the deadline of GW29 - can't see anyone really complaining about that.

Because at present they are just postponed games that need rescheduling before the end of the season. The season hasn’t (as yet anyway) been extended.

If they were able to restart on April 4, teams would just have 2 DGWs each and 5 SGWs. FA Cup would likely be scrapped or run off in a week at the end.

I don't know whether to use one of my 2ft or just let one go
    Will have same decision next week
    With no WC i think i might just have to go ahead and bring in players I want and hope for the best. All this after not making early transfers all season ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

They are being consistent in fairness. Last week the postponed game just got taken out of the game week as if it was never there. Now they have done the same but this time it happens to be all the fixtures for 2 consecutive game weeks.

It's tricky working out who to transfer though, probably not many people have 2FT this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

km79 wrote: »
    My reading of this is that the free transfer you get for each these game weeks still apply. So if you’ve any dead wood you have the chance to rectify

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

I have 2FT and am a total loss as to what to do!

• Advertisement

KDB to Fernandes done. Only lost .1 on KDB so can get him back again if things go belly up

Logging out until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I don't know whether to use one of my 2ft or just let one go
    Will have same decision next week
    With no WC i think i might just have to go ahead and bring in players I want and hope for the best. All this after not making early transfers all season ffs

I'm in the same boat holding 2fts but have my wildcard too have a feeling this is going to go on well past the start of April so I'm losing interest not getting into a guessing game with what will happen. Probably do soyuncu to a sheff utd defender seen as they will have an extra game at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

1 transfer here. Team in absolute bits. Didn't know what to do.

Worked out well for me this week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

COH wrote: »
    I have 2FT and am a total loss as to what to do!

If you happen to be who I'm against in the h2h I suggest taking a hit and having a mini clear out.

Not sure how FPL towers will deal with this but nothing is written in stone and even though they, the premier league, expect to be back up and running in 3 weeks I don’t think they will.

They need to be flexible.

There’s also a very good chance they’ll play out the season with 2 fixtures a week so maybe games on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

So that’ll be quick turnaround for GW’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Presumably some people out there have made 7 or 8 changes, but have not yet clicked the intended WC button. And think they have another two weeks to do so.

Presumably some people out there have made 7 or 8 changes, but have not yet clicked the intended WC button. And think they have another two weeks to do so.

There will definitely be a few alright. Going to be some annoyed people when they see themselves tumbling down the rankings! I wonder if those of us who do nothing will all possibly see a small green arrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

KDB to Fernandes done. Only lost .1 on KDB so can get him back again if things go belly up

Logging out until next week!

Impossible to plan anything, it's a case of coming back in a few weeks and see what mess is ahead of us all.

Many won't be aware of the FT's still adding after each GW but again it's a pure gamble on who to get in as we've no clue what is going to happen. But it is a good time to shift out some dead wood hanging around a team all the same.

A nice relaxing weekend ahead here now (touch wood), off around the Lakes of Wicklow now for myself on this fresh morning and I won't have to be clued to twitter for leaked team news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I was planning on leaving this until april but the way they have gone about it, i may aswell use a transfer a gw till it’s back. I know there is uncertainty but im pretty sure i have two non playing players in my squad. May aswell shift them out for free while i can.

POKERKING wrote: »
    I was planning on leaving this until april but the way they have gone about it, i may aswell use a transfer a gw till it’s back. I know there is uncertainty but im pretty sure i have two non playing players in my squad. May aswell shift them out for free while i can.

Yeah thinking the same. Opportunity to clear up some of the dead wood.

• Advertisement

I see the Brighton CEO is a fan of no relegation and bringing 2 up from the Championship
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51889682

Karen Brady west ham wants the season voided
    Can’t see it being finished
    Could be a few relegation battling squads self isolating !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I see the Brighton CEO is a fan of no relegation and bringing 2 up from the Championship
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51889682

That's what they're doing in the Bundesliga isn't it? Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Karen Brady west ham wants the season voided
    Can’t see it being finished
    Could be a few relegation battling squads self isolating !

Yeah grand. First thing she can do is refund her sponsors money, telly money and gate money and persuade the other PL bosses and the league itself that they may do the same.

What an absolute melt bag.

I sincerely hope their only efforts are on how and when to finish the current season.

I can’t see a ball being kicked anytime soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

https://statsbomb.com/2020/03/with-precautions-we-can-have-football-back-soon/

This would be my take on it aswell. To protect the industry football behind closed doors is necessary and will happen at some stage over the next few months.

Euros proposed for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Leagues must finish by 30th June regardless.

Will see what the league officials are going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

wonski wrote: »
    Leagues must finish by 30th June regardless.

Will see what the league officials are going to do.

Unprecedented times. I wpuldnt say thats set in stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Unprecedented times. I wpuldnt say thats set in stone.

No more set in stone than schools reopening on March 30th. There has to be a target date, doesn’t mean it can’t be moved.

Advertisement