Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Damp and wet here in Castlebar. Noting to bad.Just miserable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still a relatively nice dry day here in Meath and feeling much milder, however the rain is on the way over the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nothing but drizzle in Letterkenny so far, first time in a long time I've stepped outside and not felt cold though, very mild out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild out here. loud and rumbustious..Yellow marine gale warning in progress /effect and to continue the next days as per the met ie advisory.

Was not expecting this. Ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's back, was a nice 3 days without it though, blowing a gale outside now, sigh

I'm raging its lovely all week when in work, then come the weekend it's back to the horrible weather!

On the plus side shopping + housework done so hopefully tomorrow is a nicer day for spending out + about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Raining since late morning in cork city. Absolutely pelting down at the moment

Wind song and rain music.. read on met.ie " rain until Tuesday", I really did not need to know that early on Sunday. :eek:

Ah well. Nothing to be done. No walk again. My daffodil buds have been withered by the wind.

Darkening and loud deluge. Not pleasant in any way. I am having to light the fire in MARCH, which have not done for many years..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Glorious morning in Limerick plenty sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sunshine and showers here in Castlebar.Brighter than yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Latest GFS temp anomaly forecast for next Friday:

44.png

Long way off yet but if it plays out anything like it is forecast, then this would be the deepest negative anomaly I have seen for the general Norwegian Sea region in quite a number of years, and certainly since I started looking at these maps.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1236652095371173888

24 hour rainfall warning for just clare
    Bizarre

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

RTE lunchtime forecast showed between 200% and 250% of normal rainfall across the country over the next week, highest values in the west. Looks like the deluge is back for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Second torrential hail shower of the day in cork city. Shopping center I’m in has a glass roof and boy is it loud

Squally all the day long with occasional sunshine. The squalls are violent and wind thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Looks like it'll be windy and horrible all week again. I can't remember a stretch of weather this bad, ever, those few days where it died down during the week were a small respite.

Looks like it'll be windy and horrible all week again. I can't remember a stretch of weather this bad, ever, those few days where it died down during the week were a small respite.

Well some folk wished for a real winter.. Be careful what you wish for!

I left Orkney to escape the gales and dire wet. I have been cheated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Had a couple of real heavy showers today that left 6mm of rain but otherwise not to bad, plenty of sun in between, tomorrow looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Graces7 wrote: »
    Well some folk wished for a real winter.. Be careful what you wish for!

I left Orkney to escape the gales and dire wet. I have been cheated!

You probably should have done some research first

the dry spell of the past week is certainly behind us now with no shortage of rain or showers over the next week. We were beginning to make progress with drying out the land but like any dry spell between September and now, they are very short lived.

There are still promising signs for the second half of March, but these were originally for February, then the first week of March, then the 2nd and now they are pushed back into the 3rd or 4th week of March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Imagine moving to Offshore Island, Mayo, to escape gales and rain :pac:

As I have said before I did! You have no idea of the climate out there, 2 hours away from the mainland.

Gales of up to 127 MILES per hour that lasted three days. Barely got light in winter; at most 4 hours daylight. Thick mud everywhere.

Sounding familiar?

lol.... I was very careful re Ireland and was here in the late 70s also and a much brighter Ireland then. Walked and cycled in the sunshine then.

All your fault!

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Imagine moving to Offshore Island, Mayo, to escape gales and rain :pac:

See my other mail!

And been in Ireland 20 years, mostly west coast and never like it has been of late. This winter has been bad everywhere. The weather is dying, diving.

And by the way I came offshore to escape far worse things than gales and rain! FAR worse! Safe even from covid19 out here. A paradise compared with DUBLIN!

Listening to the tide crashing stones on the nearby shore.. Lovely! No traffic, no noise, so pluses weigh out the minuses.. THANK YOU all for reminding me of that! Peace!

So yes, imagine!

lol...

Gonzo wrote: »
    the dry spell of the past week is certainly behind us now with no shortage of rain or showers over the next week. We were beginning to make progress with drying out the land but like any dry spell between September and now, they are very short lived.

There are still promising signs for the second half of March, but these were originally for February, then the first week of March, then the 2nd and now they are pushed back into the 3rd or 4th week of March.

Dire days.

Please excuse me now as I am in too much pain to think so back abed with extra pain meds.. no not the virus as the island isolation and my locked door safeguard me! stay safe and dry and here for email and pm

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Graces7 wrote: »
    Dire days.

Please excuse me now as I am in too much pain to think so back abed with extra pain meds.. no not the virus as the island isolation and my locked door safeguard me! stay safe and dry and here for email and pm

Get well soon Grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Oh it's just awful out again. Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Over 20mm of rain since early morning in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Xenji wrote: »
    Over 20mm of rain since early morning in Castlebar.

Yellow rain warning for clare looks even more bizarre now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Jeez its making up for the few fine days we had last week, floods beginning to appear in the fields again.

• Advertisement

it's as if the past week of relatively dry weather didn't happen. Very heavy rain here in Meath and pools of water collecting all over the driveway and running down the side of the roads.

Advertisement