Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wimbledon 2019

• 28-06-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Will post up the draws when I get a good PDF. Discuss the championships here. :)

Men's singles draw.

Women's singles draw

1st-14th July

Who will win SW19? 71 votes

Novak Djokovic
    66% 47 votes
    Roger Federer
    16% 12 votes
    Rafael Nadal
    8% 6 votes
    Someone else
    8% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Oh. Looks like there's only men's singles being played at Wimbledon this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

A brutal draw for Nadal, whatever chances he had of winning have surely dissipated now. Fed has a relatively straightforward draw, Djokovics is slightly more difficult and he could run into some trouble with Tsitsipas in the QFs. Hard to see past Fed/Djoker at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭Floppybits

A brutal draw for Nadal, whatever chances he had of winning have surely dissipated now. Fed has a relatively straightforward draw, Djokovics is slightly more difficult and he could run into some trouble with Tsitsipas in the QFs. Hard to see past Fed/Djoker at this stage

Thiem's is not much better. Querry first round. Always think the clay courters are at risk in the first few days when there is a good covering of grass on the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Oh. Looks like there's only men's singles being played at Wimbledon this year.
    I was still awaiting the women's draw to be made and to find a PDF. You need to have faith. ;)

Really looking forward to Kyrgios vs Shapovalov in round 3.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Women's Draw here.

The top quarter is insane, we could get a rematch of last year's final in the 4th round. The bottom half is sparse enough, so any seed that can muster bit of form could be looking good for the final.

Not really getting the hype about Nadal-Kyrgios tbh. Kyrgios usually rolls over for the first half decent player he gets at slams, he hasn't been a threat in years. Nadal in four I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Djokovic an easy choice for me

Can't even remember the last time he lost to Nadal at a non-clay slam or Federer at any slam

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

lots can happen in the first week when there is actually some grass on the ground, but a focused Djokovic should win this, even though he seems to be having some trouble bending the players council stuff to his will lately wich may be a distraction. (not following it but it seems to be in the headlines evey few weeks).
    He seems to have avoided most of the big servers early doors which will help him.

Nadal complaining about the seeding isn't really a good look, this stuff hardly came out of the blue..

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Where are people watching it, just the BBC channel (I've Virgin Media) ? Does Hola VPN work on the BBC player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Have my draw predictions written up, ready to be proved wrong. Giorgi already gone so there's one out.

That top quarter of the women's is wicked!! 7(?) Grand Slam winners. Toughest I've seen in ages. I think Barty or Kerber gets to the SF out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

She's in top half but i think Konta will go well next fortnight. She has Kvitova close by but she's had fitness issues so probably beatable right now. Only trouble wouldnt trust Konta not to bottle it at business end like she did in Paris.

• Advertisement

Naomi Osaka in a spot of bother here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Zverev does it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

And Tsitsipas follows him, wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Djokovic's half of the draw looks extremely weak now. The perks of being a number 1 eh?

Also, what the hell is going on with Naomi Osaka?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

And another big shock on day one, Cracking performance from a 15-year-old to hold your nerve like that.

Amazing stuff, hats off to her. Only turned 15 three months ago and thats her fourth win on the bounce at wimbledon (including 3 qualifying matches) and hasnt dropped a set yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Djokovic's half of the draw looks extremely weak now. The perks of being a number 1 eh?

I think she's unbelieveably shy and not very good at interviews, her walking out of the interview looked stroppy but I don't think it was that.
    The 15 year old was so nice in the interview with Sue Barker not a hint of tennis brat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Bad day at the office for Zverev.

Fair play to Cori Gauff. Played a great match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Further proof that the nxt Gen stars are mentally incapable of stopping the big 3 now.

Muzza and PHH play Wednesday hopefully he gets a nice run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Think it's a combination of dealing with the massive pressure, and the split with the coach which is still a weird one that hasn't been, nor is likely, to be explained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I voted someone else to win SW19.

Not sure who, but probably one of Anderson, Raonic, Cilic, Thiem....

walshb wrote: »
    I voted someone else to win SW19.

Not sure who, but probably one of Anderson, Raonic, Cilic, Thiem....

Thiem hasnt a chance in hell, his time on grass is catestrophic

Thiem hasnt a chance in hell, his time on grass is catestrophic

I reckon he'll lose today

Can't ever see Raonic winning a major tbh..

jr86 wrote: »
    I reckon he'll lose today

Can't ever see Raonic winning a major tbh..

I fancy querrey too. Milo's too injury prone.
    I think ebden upsets Schwartzman today in an upset too.

As said above Thiem gone to Querrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Muguruza has been knocked out today. You can never predict the women's.

Berdych beaten as well. I see Tomic didn't bother trying against Tsonga and was beaten in 3 sets in under an hour.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Muguruza has been knocked out today. You can never predict the women's.

Berdych beaten as well. I see Tomic didn't bother trying against Tsonga and was beaten in 3 sets in under an hour.

Berdych been stinking on grass in recent years

Shapovalov will be biggest dump of the day. On his favourite surface and being mocked by Berankis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Shapovalov didn't put up much of a fight at all.

• Advertisement

Surely you couldn't write off kyrgios pulling off the upset v Nadal?

Big hitter, fresh grass and what's more he absolutely can't stand Nadal either :D :pac:

Advertisement