Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake watch busters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can I ask why you would replace the crystal?
    Is that a tell?
    Even with scratches would it not be better to leave as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Homer

893bet wrote: »

Both of their nasty ass fakes now gone!

One seller, two very obvious and cheap looking Rolex watches.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Missed it
    Anything worth talking about

A classic datejust with out a date complication and an irate seller that did the "don't comment if you ain't buying@.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I would like to lodge a formal complaint against Homer. He's too responsive and the ads are taken down before I can even look at them.

RMDrive wrote: »
    I would like to lodge a formal complaint against Homer. He's too responsive and the ads are taken down before I can even look at them.

:D If I get time ill screenshot them (with Wibbs permission) but most of the stuff I remove is blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Homer wrote: »
    :D If I get time ill screenshot them (with Wibbs permission) but most of the stuff I remove is blatantly obvious.

:D:D Only if it's easy. Would be fun to see some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Indeed Homer! Shocking carry on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

but most of the stuff I remove is blatantly obvious.

Even better!

• Moderators Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Spocker

Excellent, my plan is working (I may have removed one or two of those :pac::D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Spocker wrote: »
    Excellent, my plan is working (I may have removed one or two of those :pac::D )

Shhhhh! Homer did it ;)

Done deal dont care, i reported a couple that even said replica in the add for the craic and they suggested i contact the garda haha

This is the same done deal that delete torches used for hunting!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd say it's simply because they don't want to pay for people well clued in enough on all fakes to police the site. I have to say of all the classifieds type sites Adverts is the best policed by quite a margin. Ebay can be OK, depends on the day and how many report, though of late they've been very slow to take action.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Seller has a fine selection of AAA+ Rolex watches for a couple of hundred quid. :mad:

http://www.adverts.ie/15227811

• Moderators Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Spocker

HDMI wrote: »
    Seller has a fine selection of AAA+ Rolex watches for a couple of hundred quid. :mad:

Nuked, thanks

Spocker wrote: »
    HDMI wrote: »

Nuked, thanks
    Hey i wanted to buy some of them......

Could be a cheap Chinese knock off, maybe Tommys less successful brother? Hmmm :D

B20_FBEF5_300_C_41_EE_A929_168779_A0_D3_A9.png

• Advertisement

Tommy do a mean annual calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Could be a cheap Chinese knock off, maybe Tommys less successful brother? Hmmm :D

But, is there any such thing as a genuine Tommy Hilfiger watch?
    The brand seems to make horribly derivative, pedestrian clothes, I can't see how they could make anything genuine in a side line like watches.

I'd wear Bord Na Mona watch before a Tommy fecking Hilfiger, it would be just as 'authentic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

893bet wrote: »

The clasp looks engraved and the pictures of the dial and case seem fuzzy. Always a bad sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

The clasp looks engraved and the pictures of the dial and case seem fuzzy. Always a bad sign.

Yeah the dial looks completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Yerman is a bit touchy with his tag comment!!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    He’s off to get it appraised now
    He will be laughed out of the shop

Will come back written on an Argos docket.

Yerman is a bit touchy with his tag comment!!

Not sure what he meant with that. Had me confused with someone else I think as didn't bid any tag recently.

Adverts is hilarious sometimes, lads get so wound up!

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/15288485

Interesting image caption. Facebook raffle?

Advertisement