Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madeleine Mc Cann-A social experiment in Manipulation (mod warning first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marlie

I don't think inviting some troubled fellow UK citizens over for dinner is as suspicious as some other things. Like the missing blanket and bag. Or the fact that Gerry was stood outside the only potential exit at the time that the abductor was supposedly walking up the road. And Gerry's wish that he could have been there at "that moment" when he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Marlie wrote: »
    I don't think inviting some troubled fellow UK citizens over for dinner is as suspicious as some other things. Like the missing blanket and bag. Or the fact that Gerry was stood outside the only potential exit at the time that the abductor was supposedly walking up the road. And Gerry's wish that he could have been there at "that moment" when he was.

I don't know, it seems to be growing legs

Clement Freud drank with Maddie suspect Robert Murat in Praia da Luz bar - and his local pub was dubbed the Plough and Paedo

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3649035/Clement-Freud-drank-Maddie-suspect-Robert-Murat-Praia-da-Luz-bar-local-pub-dubbed-Plough-Paedo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

These are all horrible theories and rather ludicrous. I hope none of you lose a child and have to go through everything that goes with it.

Con theories about aliens, chemtrails and other silly crap seem respectable when compared to poring over the grief of parents and letting your imagination run wild.

Shame on the lot of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Den_M wrote: »
    These are all horrible theories and rather ludicrous. I hope none of you lose a child and have to go through everything that goes with it.

Con theories about aliens, chemtrails and other silly crap seem respectable when compared to poring over the grief of parents and letting your imagination run wild.

Shame on the lot of you
    What's your theory on it?

I think there has been an accident/murder cover up and people protected because of who they know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Shame on the lot of you

Let me guess. You only believe what Sky News tells you to believe.. These theories aren't coming from nothing, there is plenty of evidence out there to make you question every aspect of this disappearance and investigation. Time will tell

• Advertisement

When does a child disappear, never to be seen again, in not horrible circumstances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

I have seen claims that the McCanns body language was seen as all wrong. What does that mean?

Also the car in which the DNA was allegedly found was not hired until about three weeks after Maddie went missing. Where was she in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mulbot

I have seen claims that the McCanns body language was seen as all wrong. What does that mean?

Also the car in which the DNA was allegedly found was not hired until about three weeks after Maddie went missing. Where was she in the meantime?

Body language can be a sign of nervousness,anxiety etc,but can also be used to tell if a person is lying,uneasy about certain questions etc.

It might not mean she was ever in the car,one possibility is that (if she was killed or died) maybe an item of clothing,or a teddy!! might have been in contact with the body and if that item was then brought into the car,trace DNA could be transferred

mulbot wrote: »
    Body language can be a sign of nervousness,anxiety etc,but can also be used to tell if a person is lying,uneasy about certain questions etc.
    i know that but not sure what aspects of body language they mean
    It might not mean she was ever in the car,one possibility is that (if she was killed or died) maybe an item of clothing,or a teddy!! might have been in contact with the body and if that item was then brought into the car,trace DNA could be transferred
    some said it was from shoes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqoj-pfBUnY

i am not pro or anti mccann. i do not know what happened but do not give much credence to dogs. they found blood in the apartment. If i vanished you would probably find my blood in my apartment as i cut myself yesterday

i know that but not sure what aspects of body language they mean

some said it was from shoes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqoj-pfBUnY

i am not pro or anti mccann. i do not know what happened but do not give much credence to dogs. they found blood in the apartment. If i vanished you would probably find my blood in my apartment as i cut myself yesterday

Plenty of examples of confusing body language in interviews etc.

One of those dogs is a blood dog,the other is a cadaver dog,You might find blood indeed where you cut yourself,however you won't have a dog alerting to the scent of a cadaver unless a dead body has been there.Dogs have no need to tell lies,that's why they're used

• Advertisement

He held up the pyjamas and started laughing behind the in the middle of making an appeal.

Plenty of examples of confusing body language in interviews etc.

One of those dogs is a blood dog,the other is a cadaver dog,You might find blood indeed where you cut yourself,however you won't have a dog alerting to the scent of a cadaver unless a dead body has been there.Dogs have no need to tell lies,that's why they're used
    and how do they now the dead body was madeline.
    I watched a so called expert say they were lying because while they did not fidget they froze instead. Nonsense she was moving the goal posts should be a 'psychic' instead. i do not know what happened M but no one can tell by body language if someone is lying

as for all theses idiots with their anti mccann blogs playing at being detectives and probably defaming people too. should cop on to themselves and grow up. not their business to investigate and they do not have access to info the police do

and how do they now the dead body was madeline. I watched a so called expert say they were lying because while they did not fidget they froze instead. Nonsense she was moving the goal posts should be a 'psychic' instead. i do not know what happened M but no one can tell by body language if someone is lying

as for all theses idiots with their anti mccann blogs playing at being detectives and probably defaming people too. should cop on to themselves and grow up. not their business to investigate and they do not have access to info the police do

Oh I'm no detective but I might hazard a guess that surely if the cadaver dog alerted to scent of a body the appropriate steps are, (1)Find out if anybody ever died there, (2) be allowed to collect and analyze whatever sample of DNA they could find,and try match.

seriously?,that's why agencies such as the FBI have departments where experts in body language forward their investigations by decoding body language- Were they not used in the audience,or used to analyze the footage of a major RTE chat show to help nail a wife-killer here a few years ago!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm no detective but I might hazard a guess that surely if the cadaver dog alerted to scent of a body the appropriate steps are, (1)Find out if anybody ever died there, (2) be allowed to collect and analyze whatever sample of DNA they could find,and try match.

seriously?,that's why agencies such as the FBI have departments where experts in body language forward their investigations by decoding body language- Were they not used in the audience,or used to analyze the footage of a major RTE chat show to help nail a wife-killer here a few years ago!!!!!!!!
    Then why did they not call in the FBI? As for the late late show do you have proof of that? Who were the 'experts' and what did they say?. More likely the gardai suspected him anyway from day one. early in the investigation they asked him in a 'casual' "did you have your phone with you all day"?

Then why did they not call in the FBI? As for the late late show do you have proof of that? Who were the 'experts' and what did they say?. More likely the gardai suspected him anyway from day one. early in the investigation they asked him in a 'casual' "did you have your phone with you all day"?

I've nothing related to the late late thing,just remember they said it was that appearance that confirmed something for them. Well,it was only a few days after her disappearance that the British decided to take control of matters in Madeline McCann,So who knows what external forces were asked for help before that. Body language interpretation is a widely used technique in many situations,obviously for a reason

I've nothing related to the late late thing,just remember they said it was that appearance that confirmed something for them. Well,it was only a few days after her disappearance that the British decided to take control of matters in Madeline McCann,So who knows what external forces were asked for help before that. Body language interpretation is a widely used technique in many situations,obviously for a reason
    Body language as in the Meyer on McCanns is rubbish. No matter what they did they were lying. I do not know if it has any scientific underpinnings
    I've nothing related to the late late thing,just remember they said it was that appearance that confirmed something for them.
    that is meaningless. They ?Who. And anything on the late show would hadly be evidence. it was the phone records that hung him. Early in the investigation when he did not realise the significance of it he was asked if he had his phone all day and said yes

Body language as in the Meyer on McCanns is rubbish. No matter what they did they were lying. I do not know if it has any scientific underpinnings

that is meaningless. They ?Who. And anything on the late show would hadly be evidence. it was the phone records that hung him. Early in the investigation when he did not realise the significance of it he was asked if he had his phone all day and said yes

The O Reilly thing I can't really remember,there was some profiler from the FBI who gave his view on the body language during the interview.

I've no idea of scientific meanings of it,but if it's used in police forces etc then it has some substance I'd believe,

The O Reilly thing I can't really remember,there was some profiler from the FBI who gave his view on the body language during the interview.

I've no idea of scientific meanings of it,but if it's used in police forces etc then it has some substance I'd believe,
    Did you see O'Reilly on the LLS? I didn't and it is not online as far as i know. Was he in the audience?

Did you see O'Reilly on the LLS? I didn't and it is not online as far as i know. Was he in the audience?

No he was being interviewed that night

No he was being interviewed that night
    Here is a screenshot the video does not seem to be available. He is sitting forward so is PK

At 55 secs in here are parents who really lost a child. They are holding hands just like the McCanns which in the latter case is deemed bad body language. The Meyer spoofer says it is easy to spot movements when you to look for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Shame on the lot of you

I totally agree. Disgusting, insensitive and immoral. Shameful.

LorMal wrote: »
    I totally agree. Disgusting, insensitive and immoral. Shameful.

There are quite a few parts to the whole situation that leave some questioned to be answered so maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assert your opinions on those that have questions-The portuguese police have all of these questions and more,would you say the same to them?

The Meyer spoofer says you can see movements if you know what to look for. I bet she would not see the movements if she was given people she had never met and see if she can tell if they are lying about something in a double blind test.

I look at an appeal from people who did not kill their daughter and they are holding hands much the sames as the McCanns which in McCanns case is said to be a bad sign

Disgusting, insensitive and immoral. Shameful.

I agree. Leaving a four year old to babysit a set of twins so the parents can head out drinking is all of the above.

There are quite a few parts to the whole situation that leave some questioned to be answered so maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assert your opinions on those that have questions-The portuguese police have all of these questions and more,would you say the same to them?

Absolutely. They made a complete mess of the case

Smondie wrote: »
    Disgusting, insensitive and immoral. Shameful.

I agree. Leaving a four year old to babysit a set of twins so the parents can head out drinking is all of the above.

They were wrong to leave the kids. Totally. It doesn't in any way make them murderers

They were wrong to leave the kids. Totally. It doesn't in any way make them murderers

True. But all sorts of accidents can happen to neglected children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

This.
    Understand this simple but powerful statement.
    A lot of loose and unfounded conjecture in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Absolutely. They made a complete mess of the case

Nope. They took the top cop off the case as he started poking holes in the story. There was a lot of political pressure from the UK from at least 5 agencies including the cabinet office.

If I lost my kid I'd go out looking for it rather than call Sky news, but each to their own.

Regarding rental car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Ea8TLvuWE

• Advertisement

aphex™ wrote: »
    Nope. They took the top cop off the case as he started poking holes in the story. There was a lot of political pressure from the UK from at least 5 agencies including the cabinet office.

If I lost my kid I'd go out looking for it rather than call Sky news, but each to their own.

Regarding rental car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Ea8TLvuWE

Exactly,they are still suspects aren't they? Portuguese police were pressured off the case,for what reason?

Advertisement