Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

These are the 3 watches i currently own

https://www.ticwatches.co.uk/emporio-armani-leather-watch-ar0263-796-2830_medium.jpg

http://tiny.cc/9HaqG

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/images/products/main/4881_ST_00209.jpg

I got the Tango for 200 euro, i worked in a Jewelers so i got it at cost price then i used merit points i built up. Bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

gorgeous, i love their watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭furiousox

Pic attached of my four

Omega Speedmaster (Moonwatch)
    Tag Heuer Aquagraph
    Tag Heuer Monaco
    Omega Speedmaster Planet Ocean

All real and all need winding!

Open to offers for the Tag btw....

CPL 593H

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 64 ✭✭2Poc

The Tag Monaco is lovely, almost bought one myself a while back.
    How much are you selling it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭furiousox

2Poc wrote: »
    The Tag Monaco is lovely, almost bought one myself a while back.
    How much are you selling it for?

Sorry, l was unclear, my fault.
    The other tag (the aquagraph) is the one for sale not the monaco.
    Highly recommend the monaco if you're thinking of buying one.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 19,546 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

took some pics today of the collection as it stands :)

DSC04938Medium.jpg
    DSC04939Medium.jpg
    DSC04948Medium.jpg
    DSC04949Medium.jpg
    DSC04943Medium.jpg
    DSC04946Medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Considering I was the one who pushed for this forum to begin with, I should at least post up my watches. I will try to get actual pictures of them all, but can't due to my crappy iPhone camera.

g-100%20%282327%29.JPG
    I received this watch for my 21st back in 2001. It still has the same battery and is just a beast. Has gone through a lot in work with all the machines I work with.

41qJv0Cb6RL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    I was always a big fan of digital watches, and got this one. have to love the luminesent light too, really good a nighttime.

416XYE8D3XL._SS500_.jpg
    Girlfriend bought me this for my birthday when we started going out. At first i didn't really like it, cause I loved my gShock, but i wear this watch now nearly everyday. I love the way the hour number lean to the right a bit.

rw-seiko-snd253p1.jpg
    I bought this on eBay about 3 years ago for about 100quid. For some reason i can't reset one of the hands on it and I'm not impressed. I love Chronos now though.

3480916146_37f3beb701.jpg?v=0
    This is the Lotus Sport model, mine is the non sport model. Non-sport doesn't have the red paint on the hands and second increments. I really liked this and it weights a tonne. This is my dressy watch all the time. Another picture below shows the detail of the watch which is from the non-sport model.
    41113_lotus-15413-c-4-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lu1980

davy_b wrote: »
    6515118?$detail$
    everyday one

Cartier_Watches_Breitling_Watches_Omega_Watches_Tudor.jpg
    not so every day
    i am a fan of seiko too

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I'm a refugee from TZ-UK which is having a little trouble with a Denial of Service attack at the moment. It is now 72 hours since my last post on there and I can't hack cold turkey any longer. I thought it rude to post without an introduction so thought this might be an opportune place to start.

My Tutima 1941 Fliegerchronograph with a distant cousin; an Archimede Pilot .

3.JPG

A 1961 Rolex Oyster Precision
    1.JPG

An Omega Dynamic from the late 90s
    3886872963_14a75b9ebb_o.jpg

An Omega GSTP pocket watch

3778287132_f57c532dfc_o.jpg

A Junghans Vista automatic

3729335416_dcaf29dc97_o.jpg

There are more to come but I thought it best to start off with something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Very nice. Love the Fliegerchronograph.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Very nice. Love the Fliegerchronograph.

Thanks for the compliment but I think it pales into insignificance compared to your middle one here.

zenlon.jpg

As a matter of interest does it have any military markings on the caseback? My understanding is that these were Versailles Treaty sanctions busters for the Luftwaffe so they were normally without.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope you're spot on, no markings on the back. My typo on the year though, it was 1935.

I've heard them referred to as luftwaffe 1928 pattern watches. I've even heard they were designed to a pattern of Hermann Goering's design. Little info beyond that though. I've seen omega, helvetia zenith and a longines one. Sadly missed out on the latter when I had the chance. Most of them had the subsidiary seconds. I have even seen one without a second hand by design. The strangest one I ever saw was a small boys/ladies scaled down version under 30mm across.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

And here's a few more:

Rhodesian Army Roamer Anfibio.
    DSC_2519.JPG

A 1946 civilian market Eterna
    Friday%20Eterna.JPG

A trench/cushion cheapie with the makers name Sitex Sport.
    Friday%20Sitex.JPG

A 1916 silver Omega pocket watch on a trench strap with a bakelite ring
    Balls.JPG

And the same watch in a different trench strap. Drogheda viaduct in the background.
    3709184795_91e15e6f01_b.jpg

An unmarked and undated pocket watch with a luminous dial
    3575849831_438d3cd069_o.jpg

A 1950's Clinton chronograph from Chicago with a Venus 170 movement
    3554867218_3599b6f3f5_o.jpg

A Hermes pocket watch picked up in a market in Cambridge years ago.
    3515441402_b916b1455d_b.jpg

And finally a souvenir from Prague; a Prim
    3334250985_1fc837fcfe_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Cyrus wrote: »
    took some pics today of the collection as it stands :)

very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Omega Seamaster Pro 2221.80 Quartz

96209.JPG

Casio G-Shock GWM5600 Atomic Solar

96210.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

This is one of my favourite watches (not in the link thats just a similar one but mine is identical without the full hunter) and was wondering does anyone have a similar one or ever seen one like it? :confused:http://www.antique-watch.com/des/w4967.html

No never saw one like that. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭section4

Just discovered this forum and I have always had an interest in good watches. This is a watch I bought from an older guy at work in 1974 I was only 18 at the time, I gave him a 100 pounds for it. I have never worn it very much, recently got it serviced and it keeping almost perfect time.

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

That Constellation is a beaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭section4

that picture does not do it justice, I will post some better pictures later.
    finding it difficult to take clear pics

Please do, it's absolutely lovely :cool:.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Here's one of mine . I'll get around to taking pics of the others at some stage .

watch6ng.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i love watches - and can't believe i just found this forum!
    Got a couple of Seiko's - and found a new one i want

I'm rotating between
    l_snp005p1.jpg
    l_snl015p1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I have the top one but an automatic rather than kinetic. Nice watch but a little big for me , trying to flip at the moment!
    Also have a Maurice Lacroix quartz chrono LC1038, nice classy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

A couple of recent arrivals:

DSCF4339.jpg

DIAL2.jpg

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My Crimbo pressie .

dssd1.jpg

dssd4.jpg

DSSD, nice :)

a lot of people complain that the bracelet isnt big enough for the watch, how do you find it?

• Advertisement

posted on tz-uk a few weeks back, but this is the current state of my collection save for a nice seiko diver that i have incoming for honeymoon duties!

I think there is decent balance at the moment, two chronos and two non, two white and two black faced watches and all are watches that i am comfortable wearing with a suit as well as more casually (ecept maybe the iwc which is a little dressier)

I also picked up a rapport 8 watch box at christmas time from amazon at a great price, delighted with it and the quality is great for the £60 odd i paid.

All together

DSC05150.jpg

Breitling Colt 2 auto

DSC05125.jpg

Omega 2254.50

DSC05139.jpg

Tag Carrera Chrono

DSC05130.jpg

IWC Portuguese chrono

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05145.jpg

This discussion has been closed.