Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lundstram wrote: »
    Anyone else enjoying the Twitter row between PVA and Katie Hopkins?

Yes, that has happened. :D

Yes
    What a legend he is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    The rules of the actual real league have changed during this break . This fundamentally changes the FPL landscape . I will be amazed if unlimited free transfers/wildcard is not given before we resume. As it did for German FF when the Bundesliga changed number of subs allowed

I'm hearing rumours that there will be unlimited transfers but dont quote me on that. We should find out soon enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yes
    What a legend he is

"Kiss my big toe"! He's a gas man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I take it that myself and Cedric are the only ones questioning Cedric's status at 3am of a Friday morning.

Is he a free agent, an Arsenal player, a Southampton player?

The man has never lost a game for Arsenal, how many Arsenal players can say that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

id11obx0pw251.png

Ben Crellin's predicted fixtures. No DGW except the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I was sent this by WhatsApp earlier.

Fixture list and TV schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm disappointed that the 2 games are not included in GW29.

And yes, I did have PEA captain for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm hearing rumours that there will be unlimited transfers but dont quote me on that. We should find out soon enough anyway.

You're now quoted so we're holding you to it :pac:

If we had solid info sneaking out of fpl we would have got more hint of additional gameweeks before they dropped that bombshell on us. I don't understand why they would think a wc for everyone would be necessary but who knows wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Two questions

Anyway we could run a 9 game mini league?

Would lads be interested, winner take all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I was sent this by WhatsApp earlier.

Fixture list and TV schedule.

Wonder is that legit?.....time to reactivate my ‘Now TV’ Sports subscription.
    Better value than Sky Sports imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wonder is that legit?.....time to reactivate my ‘Now TV’ Sports subscription.
    Better value than Sky Sports imo.

Depending on your TV provider, I spoke with my provider (Virgin) who were offering Sky Sports for €32 and said NOW TV were offering €19.50 for 3 months and they matched it. Might be some help to you or others.

If it's unlimited transfers in 39 I'm gonna bench boost as you won't get a better chance to get a full 15 out. It's essentially a free hit and bench boost in 1 week for me as I can wild card in week 40.

If it's unlimited transfers in 39 I'm gonna bench boost as you won't get a better chance to get a full 15 out. It's essentially a free hit and bench boost in 1 week for me as I can wild card in week 40.

For anyone with bench boost left that’s an excellent plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

For anyone with bench boost left that’s an excellent plan

That's where I'm at too.

I'll either FH or else if unlimited WC, WC and Bench Boost then WC in GW40.

Will be using a chip in GW39 no matter what.

With the release of the first 32 Premier League fixtures for the resumption of the 2019/20 season, if all safety requirements are in place, we would like to offer an update to Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers.

Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal on 17 June and the full match round that follows from 19 June will constitute the first full Gameweek.

For the three match rounds announced, FPL deadlines will be the traditional hour before kick-off of the opening match of that round.

We would like to remind managers that any chips you retain at present (i.e. Triple Captain, Bench Boost, Free Hit and/or Wildcard) would remain available for you, in accordance with the Game Rules, for these Gameweeks.

We thank FPL managers for their continued patience and will provide you further updates on the game when appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No reason the game can't be back up and running soon. Getting excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

manual_man wrote: »
    No reason the game can't be back up and running soon. Getting excited now

Giddy is the word.... I'm the same!

Every game on TV, the interest will be in all games now.

To be fair lads saying the 3pm kick off and goals galore is lost but the most games you'd have at 3pm was 5 if you were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Buzzing lads

A piss up.

The lads at FPL.

In a brewery.

Couldn’t organise.

Rearrange accordingly.

• Advertisement

A piss up.

The lads at FPL.

In a brewery.

Couldn’t organise.

Rearrange accordingly.

Sometimes I think that's all they do.

Sometimes I think that's all they do.

It’s truly shocking how poorly they’ve handled the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

It’s truly shocking how poorly they’ve handled the situation.

It's as expected though.

Can’t believe they haven’t even updated fixtures yet
    I want to see how my team looks and was hoping to spend the weekend looking at transfers etc properly
    Tbh my team was set up for these fixtures anyway and it’s all guess work so I don’t really care what happens regarding unlimited transfers etc
    My 2 FT will do me
    I’m already have double blades defense and grealish for DgW .
    Don’t want any arsenal .
    Might get KDB back in for mane (also have Salah) and upgrade jota to rashford . Although I am only 0.2 off having a fully fit Harry Kane...........that’s a wait and see for me though .

I do not see myself playing free hit as I will lose a transfer (answering the question before it is asked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Any info on friendlies recently? This is all I could get.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1269332540730507271

Also really annoying that FFS have not updated season ticker and rate my team to reflect the rescheduled fixtures.
    So much luck involved now imo. Best thing might be not too do too much! Might try and keep FH for last day shenanigans and absolutely load up on home attackers

Lundstram wrote: »
    Any info on friendlies recently? This is all I could get.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1269332540730507271

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-vs-west-brom-18375794

Not that we need much excuse to have Grealish.

Also really annoying that FFS have not updated season ticker and rate my team to reflect the rescheduled fixtures.
    So much luck involved now imo. Best thing might be not too do too much! Might try and keep FH for last day shenanigans and absolutely load up on home attackers

Not sure home advantage is much of an advantage now without the crowd.

Not surprised at anything from them now I wonder if this is an issue with whoever manages it for the premier league or ism. It wouldn't surprise me if we were still in the same position next Sunday!

• Advertisement

BBC update on who played what

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52954441

Advertisement