Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But they only voided the bet after it had won.
    If it lost i doubt the money would of been returned

Happens every day of the week with races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Call them and ask to speak to someone more senior. If no joy contact them on twitter tag some of their pr staff. Paul Binfield and the other lad that I can't think of his name and their main account.
    Also worth reaching out to Paul Fairhead(@boycottbetfred) and Jimmy Justice(@gondorfhenry) and asking where you would stand. If no joy you can always open a case with IBAS but they are terrible to deal with and I would only go to them as a last resort.

Be as loud on social media as possible and you may get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Bookies have no case to answer if the rules state clearly that lottery bets are not taken after 7.30.

It can seem unfair at times but as the same rule applies i(not knowing something is against the law) in legal cases it is up to us punters to know and understand the bookmakers rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Bookies have no case to answer if the rules state clearly that lottery bets are not taken after 7.30.

It can seem unfair at times but as the same rule applies i(not knowing something is against the law) in legal cases it is up to us punters to know and understand the bookmakers rules.

All lotto bets for a specific draw must be placed and confirmed before the first number is drawn. If, for any reason, a bet is placed after the first number is drawn, the bet will be void and the stakes returned, regardless of whether the bet would have won or lost

I got that from the lotto terms and conditions on the app,no mention of cut off time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

All lotto bets for a specific draw must be placed and confirmed before the first number is drawn. If, for any reason, a bet is placed after the first number is drawn, the bet will be void and the stakes returned, regardless of whether the bet would have won or lost

I got that from the lotto terms and conditions on the app,no mention of cut off time.

I have checked there t&C's, nothing in there about a cut off point only what you have above.

Id be pushing back on why that was voided.

The lotto page is no longer active on the rules page either - https://www.paddypower.com/aboutUs/Betting.Rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Racing Post gone.

Wonder will they continue with an online model like sporting life.

Edit: just saw the twitter link posted. Its supposedly only temporary

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Here's hoping something positive will come from this and someone comes to give it some competition in time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Should be off to Liverpool in the morning but hey ho

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Mig wrote: »
    Should be off to Liverpool in the morning but hey ho

To see them win the league. YNWA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Due to play city this Sunday Slatts we were. Meant to be coming home Monday. Was booked for the celebrations :(

We'll still get the league, doesnt matter when.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Anyone know of a useful website with form info on French handicappers?
    Ratings etc

Anyone know of a useful website with form info on French handicappers?
    Ratings etc

Taken from Betfair:

Try this for Longchamp tomorrow (and elsewhere) i use it often watch live racing.

https://www.zeturf.com/en

Racecards and results.

Register, no need to add funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

French racing just isnt the same :(

This lockdown's a bitch :(
    Bookies can't open soon enough for me. I really miss shouting at the telly if there's a big one on or if it's nip and tuck in a lowly contest. Good for the stress levels :pac:

This lockdown's a bitch :(
    Bookies can't open soon enough for me. I really miss shouting at the telly if there's a big one on or if it's nip and tuck in a lowly contest. Good for the stress levels :pac:

Oh....you're one of them :(

Oh....you're one of them :(

???

The racing's back on in England - Newcastle today - and since I have no online account I'm unable to do a cupla euro each way on a few speculative ones. If I could have a bet I could shout at me own telly (not as loud though - bloody neighbours and crap soundproofing :o)

So yeah, maybe I am one of them :p

Maybe you're the more stoic type and treats those two enemies victory and defeat as nothing. Just keepin your powder dry and not getting too vocal regardless of how your selection is doing.

If that's the case more power to ya :)

???

The racing's back on in England - Newcastle today - and since I have no online account I'm unable to do a cupla euro each way on a few speculative ones. If I could have a bet I could shout at me own telly (not as loud though - bloody neighbours and crap soundproofing :o)

So yeah, maybe I am one of them :p

Maybe you're the more stoic type and treats those two enemies victory and defeat as nothing. Just keepin your powder dry and not getting too vocal regardless of how your selection is doing.

If that's the case more power to ya :)

Am just messing with you lol I think we all get vocal when theres half a furlongs to go and your horse is in the front 3 and away from the pack :D

• Advertisement

Am just messing with you lol I think we all get vocal when theres half a furlongs to go and your horse is in the front 3 and away from the pack :D

:D
    Indeed, and it appears the petrol gauge is in the red.... Shoutin for the line to come as much as the horse/jockey. Good times :D

I see Thursday's cards in England are already up. Is 72 hour decs just a temporary thing or is it here to stay?

Has Bumper posted here since Cheltenham?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Slattsy wrote: »
    Has Bumper posted here since Cheltenham?

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=676279&sort=newest

Nothing since that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Slattsy wrote: »
    Nothing since that. :(

Yeah a few others too like Gringo and NaiveMelodies. Hope all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I was just looking over the cards for tomorrow and popped on here. I'm fine guys! Hope you are all well too

BumperD wrote: »
    I was just looking over the cards for tomorrow and popped on here. I'm fine guys! Hope you are all well too

CALL OFF THE SEARCH PARTY!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

CALL OFF THE SEARCH PARTY!!! :D

:pac:

Looking forward to watching Ascot. Probably will do a placepot for small stakes and have a decent bet on Blue Laurette in the lucky last ;)

• Advertisement

With you being old, and having underlying health problems I was worried the virus may have gotten you.

Did I mention you were old.

Advertisement