Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slow WiFi on laptop

• 30-05-2020 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭

Hopefully right forum

Having issues with slow wireless on l laptop

Laptop running okay in my house on TP-Link modem with virgin. I have 5g and 2.4 runs the same on both. Have Eset smart security 13 installed.

Bring laptop to parents and using virgin hub media modem on 5g and 2.4 and its as slow as....However WiFi works fine on phone

On Windows 10 and its a Dell studio 1737

What should I be checking in parents house to see what if any thing is interfering with WiFi on laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If SmartByte is installed try removing that. Id expect it to be bad everywhere but IPv6 support or something could be throwing it at the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ED E wrote: »
    If SmartByte is installed try removing that. Id expect it to be bad everywhere but IPv6 support or something could be throwing it at the parents.

Thanks will check

However previously it had vista so I managed to install windows 10 on it so would smart byte be removed with clean update

Can you clarify re IPv6 in simple terms not sure. Is this in relation to the Virgin router?

Anything i can change that won't affect WiFi in parents house but could possibly increase speed of laptop

Advertisement