Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop site for Texas Hold'em with friends.

• 30-03-2020 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi, like the earlier poster looking for a website to play TH with friends, I am looking for the equivalent, but old-school, i.e. a desktop app/site. A few of us get together for a poker night a couple of times during the winter, but that is out now. I see a number of sites, but really hard to see if any of them work well in this scenario. Worst case, a site that will deal regular poker or othere vatrients, e.g. southern cross, 7 card stud etc. Interested to see if anyone is doing this and how they are getting on with it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Pokerstars.eu is great, but has to be downloaded to laptop or pc to open a poker club and set up tables. App doesnt allow private games. It's really easy, and user friendly. They charge 10% of buy in so fiver games cost 5.50.

Be interested to hear of any you can set up tables and play on phones or tablets, few friends are being left out.

Set up zoom as well, last few nights were late ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Radioheader

I echo that. Pokerstars very good, with Zoom/WebEx on the side. Excellent play money texas holdem game, or with real money.
    Only issue is home games not working on ipad or phones.

If anyone has a app that works on desktop and mobile that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Does anyone know how to extend the time limit per hand in a Pokerstars private club table?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Has any one found any other sites. Same position we are on pokerstars but a lot being left out as there they have no laptop/desktop or use chromebooks

Advertisement