Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn hotdogs or equivalent

• 15-02-2020 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hi, my pregnant and sick wife has a craving for Quorn hotdogs.

She is really sick so I would like to get her something if she is actually looking for it.

Asda seems like the only source and they don't even seem to have them in their Newry store.

Im based in Enfield Meath. Willing to travel a bit, Dublin is no problem. Further afield no problem if we can make a day out of it.

Seems to be specifically not sausages, it must be hot dogs or frankfurters.

Any ideas where to get them?

IKEA used to do Quorn hotdogs, but they have replaced them with something akin to their meatballs, she's not sold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Heck do a 'vegfurter' that might suit, apparently available in sainsburys. I'm a meat eater but coincidentally sen an advertisement for them in a magazine earlier. I know what it's like to have a craving for something you can't find! https://www.heckfood.co.uk/stockists-map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Lidl have veggie frankfurters at the moment. Or at least did last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Lidl have veggie frankfurters at the moment. Or at least did last week.

Do you know if these are regularly in stock or a one off? I've looked in Lidl but cannot find them. Can you remember what section they might have been in? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

holly8 wrote: »
    Do you know if these are regularly in stock or a one off? I've looked in Lidl but cannot find them. Can you remember what section they might have been in? TIA

They are an occasionally stocked item in a special items fridge at the end of the first aisle in any lidls I have been in

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Try your local health food shop with a fridge/freezer section. There is a brand called Fry's that do a range of fake meats including hotdogs. Haven't had them in years but think they did the job :) down south the health store stocks these or try the vegan kind supermarket. They deliver cold storage items both north and south from UK.

• Advertisement

Also Nourish. I thought you were North based. Nourish is still open in Dunnes in Blanch.

Try your local health food shop with a fridge/freezer section. There is a brand called Fry's that do a range of fake meats including hotdogs. Haven't had them in years but think they did the job :) down south the health store stocks these or try the vegan kind supermarket. They deliver close storage items both north and south from UK.

I’ve yet to find anything by ‘Fry’s’ that isn’t very good.

I don’t even bother with other brands now. Fry’s are just the safest bet every time as I don’t buy processed food often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

klopparama wrote: »
    I’ve yet to find anything by ‘Fry’s’ that isn’t very good.

I don’t even bother with other brands now. Fry’s are just the safest bet every time as I don’t buy processed food often.

Agree, Fry's are outstanding.

My 3 faves are:
    1. Chicken-Style Burgers
    2. Golden Crumbed Schnitzels
    3. Meat Free Sausage Rolls

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

eldamo wrote: »
    They are an occasionally stocked item in a special items fridge at the end of the first aisle in any lidls I have been in

Thanks...found some a few days ago in Lidl...same smoked smell and texture. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Worztron wrote: »
    Agree, Fry's are outstanding.

My 3 faves are:
    1. Chicken-Style Burgers
    2. Golden Crumbed Schnitzels
    3. Meat Free Sausage Rolls

Fry's curry pies! The best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

They are fine alright.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just had their pepper steak pies, so good!

And all veggie? Where do you get them?

holly8 wrote: »
    And all veggie? Where do you get them?

The Health Store, Nourish and probably other health food shops. I'm not sure about Holland and barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Supervalu are now stocking Thanks Plants fauxfurters in a range of flavours. Dunno if it's nationwide or select stores- ours was from Sundrive Rd, Kimmage. It's €3.99 for a pack of 4. They were pretty nice but I'm never a reliable metric for these kind of things because I utterly drown everything in sauce.

Advertisement