Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement present

• 26-07-2019 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Sorry for all of the threads but there is a lot happening all in a few weeks.

One of my good friends is engaged and we will have an engagement party to attend at her house.

What is an appropriate gift?

I was thinking maybe a framed photo (i take alot of landscape shots professionaly and maybe something else?))

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is this a thing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

well id feel bad not getting a small gift, am i wrong to think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Any one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Apparently not a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,387 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Framed photo is a very nice idea, definitely keep that up the sleeve for wedding if you don't go with that.

I would not be so imaginative and would probably bring the default option of something sparkling for the party.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Restaurant voucher or nice bottle of champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I wouldn't normally get someone an engagement gift, but if they were having a party in their house, then I would get a gift. I think the restaurant voucher idea is a nice one. But if you are a photographer by trade, then a framed picture would be lovely. Is there anywhere you can think of that is special to the couple? Maybe you could give them a framed picture of a place that means something to them, where they first met for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,387 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Be careful with the expiry date on the restaurant voucher, make sure it's got at least a year on it. A just eat voucher might work also.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Restaurant voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't agree with engagement presents but I would never show up to a party in someone's house with my arms swinging. Bottle of prosecco/cava/champagne - whatever their bubble of choice is - is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Vouchers for couples massage

Advertisement