Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VideoGameDunkey: What is the appeal with this guy?

• 10-09-2018 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭

His videos are viewed in the millions in 24 hours, he has over 4 million subscribers, and he is classed as a video game reviewer.

I took one look at his content and I could not help but switch it off - why does he put on that stupid voice? Is that his appeal? Is his audience comprised of kids under 16? What am I missing here?

His Spider Man video went up recently and it's scratching 500k views in 3 hours already - but it is nothing but blubbering nonsense.

I must be getting old, here. His content appears to be full of immature garbage.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Different strokes for different folks, if you're gonna get annoyed at every annoying youtube personality who gets over big you're gonna be annoyed a loooooong time :D

Worthless for me too tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Different strokes for different folks, if you're gonna get annoyed at every annoying youtube personality who gets over big you're gonna be annoyed a loooooong time :D

Worthless for me too tbh

I can see the appeal of most of those Youtubers to an extent. I just cannot understand where the appeal of Dunkey comes from.

He doesn't put that voice on. His comedic timing is quite good. He's less of a reviewer. I watch a video of his of a game I don't know or plan on playing and its entertaining.

Advertisement