Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

For anyone that can't get on servers there's similar mods to cure your boredom:

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1551

One is Singleplayer and one is co-op, haven't tried the co-op so don't know if there's servers running.

It's no harm for beginners to use these to get used to the game also,

its the same map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Ill update the OP with all the info in this thread but I cant seem to edit it anymore, do I need to give a mod a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Am lurking in UK6 for a while if anyones around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Ill update the OP with all the info in this thread but I cant seem to edit it anymore, do I need to give a mod a shout?

You can't edit a post after 3 days iirc. Maybe just create a new thread for tips/setup guides, and keep the general discussion in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kiith wrote: »
    You can't edit a post after 3 days iirc. Maybe just create a new thread for tips/setup guides, and keep the general discussion in here?

Let's just get a forum for ourselves :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

FFS back to the bottom of the map again for me.
    DATABASE ISSUE
    We apologise profusely but due to an unforeseeable database issue we have had to reset everyone's location, we apologise for this we hope that you can once again survive the cherno bean wars.

Thank you for your patience

Source: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3064

You would have been there after the last patch anyway. I was moved from the Airfield to the coast already once, and it happened again when i logged in yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Let's just get a forum for ourselves :p

Actually suggested this a good number of pages back here, but not many seemed to notice it I think. We could suggest a private forum in the forum requests, sure if lads got a private forum for the Urban Dead zombie game (which I was a part of at one point) then I don't see why we cant get one for this either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Actually suggested this a good number of pages back here, but not many seemed to notice it I think. We could suggest a private forum in the forum requests, sure if lads got a private forum for the Urban Dead zombie game (which I was a part of at one point) then I don't see why we cant get one for this either :)

Why private?

Are you trying American servers or EU servers?

Try and go for the less populated American servers. They're much easier to get in to.

I tried all types of servers.

The main gripe is that I got in fine the night before.
    Started to think last night installing that update was a bad idea so I'm reinstalling the game again.

The only games I got into yesterday were bugged.(In a forest, had to respawn to move, then had no weapon etc...) but I got some error pop up a few times I hadn't got before the update.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was the main issue to passing ''waiting for server'' successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Why private?

i dont think he means private in the sense of "no one else allowed in" just.. seperate/can not think of the right word

Why private?

- Firstly, while I think the mod will be popular, I do not think it will warrant or pass for getting a public forum anyway by the administrators.
    - Secondly private forums might be considered and approved easier by said administrators.
    - Thirdly I do not think there will be huge numbers to frequent the forums compared to larger main forums, but having a forum to ourselves will be beneficial if we want to discuss tips and tactics, ongoing discussions, meetups etc rather than clogging the games forum with one or two larger threads and causing confusion

Also, keep the one main thread on the games forum, anyone who posts or interested in the game can be invited to the private forum

I saw it and supported it :D

Could we not try get a forum under the hosted section even i.e. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=674

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think a forum just needs 25 +1's for it to be considered

I saw it and supported it :D

Could we not try get a forum under the hosted section even i.e. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=674

Yup saw that Balkie :)

I think I suggested that in the original post, I dunno if the hosted forums have their own special conditions for setting one up over a normal forum or is setting up most forums on boards follow same Criteria?

@ Sir Digby: Cool, didn't know it had to be so little but iv seen alot of forums with loads of +1's (more than 25 at least) and don't get approved

We could create a social group such as a Day-Z Appreciation group) if that would be the right place) as would be hard to get a forum approved i'd say.

Here is where I meant http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=grouplist&cat=5.

The we could link it from here instead of retyping or requoting instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Cool, I defiantly think the survivors need a home of there own on boards, I think we will be playing this for some time to come:cool:

We could create a social group such as a Day-Z Appreciation group) if that would be the right place) as would be hard to get a forum approved i'd say.

Here is where I meant http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=grouplist&cat=5.

The we could link it from here instead of retyping or requoting instructions.

Here is my example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Here's a decent guide on how to use inventory:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=785

I wasn't using the bags properly at all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Here's a decent guide on how to use inventory:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=785

I wasn't using the bags properly at all :o

Me either, found this on reddit earlier :P

• Advertisement

DayZ Group members/content updated

Feel free to add any guides, info etc

Edit: Updated again :)

Can someone post the working details for the mumble server. Thanks.

And is there a TS server being used or just mumble?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

DayZ Group members/content updated

Feel free to add any guides, info etc

Edit: Updated again :)

Can someone post the working details for the mumble server. Thanks.

And is there a TS server being used or just mumble?

Mumble Info
    Label: boards.ie tactical shooter
    Address: ireland.clanwarz.com
    Port: 64739
    Username: [insert own username here]
    Password: shooter

edit: Reading on the DayZ forums someone had a really cool idea.
    When a player gets killed by a zombie (or by a bandit if we want to do it TWD airborne style) what happens is, their corpse comes back to life as an AI zombie, whereas they spawn back on the beach. That AI zombie looks exactly like the player, and has all the items the player had before he turned into a zombie.

There's a good interview with Rocket regarding the mod on Pc Gamer. Talks about things he wants in the mod, like having weather take it's toll on characters and being able to get a dog! I so want a dog companion.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/day-z-interview-how-zombies-arma-2-created-gamings-best-story-machine/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm just imagining hundreds of I am Legend moments where Will is lying in his lab crying over the dog because he just turned into a zombie and he had to kill them.

It would be an interesting feature if the companion, that you have grown attached to and that has saved you could turn into a zombie dog and turn on you. Then you would have to end up killing it.

Kiith wrote: »
    There's a good interview with Rocket regarding the mod on Pc Gamer. Talks about things he wants in the mod, like having weather take it's toll on characters and being able to get a dog! I so want a dog companion.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/day-z-interview-how-zombies-arma-2-created-gamings-best-story-machine/

Yeah but then you have the problem of Zombie dogs (which actually been mentioned).
    I still have nightmares about them from Resident Evil!

Seeing all these screenshots of people with M4's makes me want to go get and M4...or die trying.

Probably die trying tbh.

Also, has anyone noticed the average life expectancy since the last patch? Used to be around 4 hours. Now?

29 minutes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Could use the Tactical Shooter forum....Its sorta where Arma belongs and its quite dead.

Last night myself Max,Ytisack and Andrew76. Made it from Cherno to Storoye, took us nearly 2 hours to get there working well as a team. After a few firefights we were holed up in a church where an opportunity presented itself.

The others had to go for a piss at the same time leaving me in a church all alone with their avatars......i held the gun at Maxs head for nearly 5 minutes deliberating whether to shoot them all......what story to make up about the horde that attacked us.....how i survived.....

In the end i let the 3 of them live..... Video games dont generally give you that dilemma. The only reason i didnt kill them was because i needed them. The place we were heading to i wasnt making it alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Could use the Tactical Shooter forum....Its sorta where Arma belongs and its quite dead.

Excellent idea !

I'll PM po0k and the chmods to let them know that the TS forum is gonna get a little more lively.

Tactical Shooter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement