Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the best year of your life?

• 11-05-2017 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

If you could go back to a year in your life to live again which would it be? Your annus mirablis if you'd like to call it that.

Personally I would go back to 2015. Had many wonderful opportunities that I never though I'd had. I met a lovely girl, got the opportunity to finally go to College, and did some travelling.

Comments

• 1992. Leaving Cert. The start of drinking, had started going out with the girl who is now my wife, the excitement of heading off to Uni, the whole house and rave era, it was all just SUCH fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

2006. Still in college, spent the summer in San Diego and the autumn in San Francisco on a college exchange programme. Was on a high every single day of it, basking in the sun and the social life and the American mentalness of it all. New friends and boyfriends and new adventures every single day. And the bliss of being 21 and having no real responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm only about half way through (statistically) so I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Brady Helpful Loudmouth

Now, but only in 10 years.

I have a tendency to look back at certain years through rose tinted glasses so it's hard for me to say. The last five years have been interspersed with really great times but also some of the worst experiences I've ever had. Back in my early twenties it's easier to pick. 2000 when I started college was a great year full of excitement and hope. So I guess that's the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

1996 - 1999

The final few years where you're old enough to remember but young enough to not realise that grownup life is a bit sh1t let's be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Its kinda weird how we see how good things were when we look back. Sure there were times where I loved every minute of it. But the times I loved the most, were often the most simplest, and sadly the ones I took for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I don't think I've experienced it yet.

At least I ****ing hope not or there's no hope for me!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

2009.I was unemployed for almost the whole year.I hated my job and basically skipped home the day I was told I was being made redundant and was getting a decent redundancy package. I've never felt such happiness and relief as I did going home that day. The freedom and lack of pressure that year was something else.

I don't want to lose a job again but that year was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Great wine, great year. Other than the unification of Ireland and the Bell riots in the sanctuary blocks, been a quiet year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

the year that i left college, landed a great job with a massive salary. the wife left me and i started dating an amazing girl ten years younger than me who liked to share me with her equally hot friend. it was the start of the best times i ever had, the point where i knew i had it made.

nearly forgot, it was two thousand and eighteen.Such a great year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

This year is shaping up to be a top contender! As long as this post doesn't jinx it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If you could go back to a year in your life to live again which would it be? Your annus mirablis if you'd like to call it that.

Personally I would go back to 2015. Had many wonderful opportunities that I never though I'd had. I met a lovely girl, got the opportunity to finally go to College, and did some travelling.
    2 years that's some leap back in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Sam Kade wrote: »
    2 years that's some leap back in time.

A lot can happen within two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Coming of age should always be great years. So 2016 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Got my first mountain bike, first girlfriend and seen Back To The Future in the cinema.

• JennyZ wrote: »
    1995 one of the hottest years on record and took a summer job during college in the isle of Man. It was not the most glamorous location to go to for a summer abroad but having been in the US also on J1 the craic that we had over there was amazeballs.

1995 was one fantastic summer alright. One of the better years. Spent the summer working in the bar of a hotel by the sea, obviously featured lots of nights with staff guzzling drinks as the sun set over the Atlantic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

It might be this year! First baby on the way after a few years of trying, long postponed exams in my line of work nearly complete and moving back to Ireland after nearly 20 years abroad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

2014. Most definitely. Went on a few dates which I never did before. Ireland got the six nations. Got my first Leinster season ticket. Was selected as a volunteer for the rugby World Cup. Myself and my boyfriend got together. My first niece was born. Summer was great. Went to Liverpool so got to go to anfield for the first time. Went to Edinburgh markets just before Christmas. Loads of memories made that year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

2011-2012. Had an unexpected €10k windfall and fcuked off travelling as my career hear was in the can. I really lived that year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement