Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is somebody who you inexplicably love?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Rabbi Mendel Schneerson

Rabbi Zalman Lent.

Rabbi Friedman.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My mom. :)

Its for some inexplicable reason she loves me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Don't forget about Dexter though. ShUdDeR

Season 4 of Dexter is stunning television.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Season 4 of Dexter is stunning television.

Absolutely. I was terrified of Lithgow for some time afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bill O'Herlihy

People give out about RTE heads (and often rightly so), but even though I never met the man, I can't ever imagine a bad word being said about Bill.

Sad that he died just a year after retiring and didn't get to enjoy even one major tournament from the comfort of home with his grandkids.

RIP Bill

Yes, loved Bill he was Brilliant at his job... one of those people doing a job where you looked at them thinking ‘nobody can actually do that better’ ..

look over at the BBC and as consummate a professional as Lineker is, as amiable as he might be there will always be a stench of rehearsal and choreography whereas on RTÉ with Bill at the helm he’d lob in the old grenade if someone was talking BS or even otherwise, not afraid to intimate that with a bit of a rye smile and not playing favorites either, he could summon the ire of nice old Johnny Giles who’d give him the eyes that plainly read “cheeky ****” ... you know he’s doing a grand job when Eamonn is acting peacemaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bill O'Herlihy

People give out about RTE heads (and often rightly so), but even though I never met the man, I can't ever imagine a bad word being said about Bill.

Sad that he died just a year after retiring and didn't get to enjoy even one major tournament from the comfort of home with his grandkids.

RIP Bill

Was busily working at Tesco checkout during college. Bill was buying brown bread and was so lovely...I’m smiling thinking about how charming he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Candie wrote: »
    If I ever hear of Tom Hanks behaving less than completely adorably, I'll be personally devastated.

No pressure, Tom.

Yeah Tom Hanks is great.
    Weirdly enough, I was just watching an episode of Family Ties where a very young Tom Hanks plays washed up alcoholic uncle Ned to Alex P Keaton. He mixes drama and comedy very well. Always a sign of a good actor IMHO.

Adrian Dunbar (Line of Duty)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Adrian Dunbar (Line of Duty)

Now ye're sucking diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I just thought of another actually, Sharon Shannon. She just always seems so happy and smiley.

Also Rosemary Smith. I always thought she was the most amazing woman and having been lucky enough to meet her recently I can confirm that she is.

• Advertisement

I just thought of another actually, Sharon Shannon. She just always seems so happy and smiley.

Also Rosemary Smith. I always thought she was the most amazing woman and having been lucky enough to meet her recently I can confirm that she is.

Totally agree in relation to Rosemary Smith, she's still going strong and loving the car shows etc, very elegant and well able to hold her own with all the lads, should get way more credit in Ireland imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Redact

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

xzanti wrote: »
    Cillian Murphy

Do you love the start of 28 Days Later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

kowloon wrote: »
    Do you love the start of 28 Days Later?

cillian%20murphy%20grief.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Susanna Reid she is pure perfection and seems very genuine. Paul Rudd in a best friend type of way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The small fat old man video bombing the RTE GAA correspondents during the post match on pitch waffle, wearing an Offaly jersey at a qualifier between Clare and Meath. I love you, thanks for making me laugh today. I hope all your friends and family saw you and you get a good laugh out of it. Had you managed to take the piss out of Colm O'Rourke it would have been really something special. Maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

was out in lanzarote a few years back with a few lads for a weeks cycling and went for a pint one night , ended up in pub she was playing in . One of the lads got chatting to a band member and we ended up being asked to hang on for a drink after closing . She is a lovely person , real down to earth and up for a laugh within reason . A few guys not with us got a bit out of order and were duly chucked out . Had a great night with her and her pals , suffered the next day though

was out in lanzarote a few years back with a few lads for a weeks cycling and went for a pint one night , ended up in pub she was playing in . One of the lads got chatting to a band member and we ended up being asked to hang on for a drink after closing . She is a lovely person , real down to earth and up for a laugh within reason . A few guys not with us got a bit out of order and were duly chucked out . Had a great night with her and her pals , suffered the next day though

It's nice when you hear that someone you've always thought is nice, actually turns out to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Kinda disappointed...
    Read this whole thread start to finish and the only mention of my name is immediately above this post :(

Or to the left if your using desktop view :P

Only thing I'm on top of tonight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

decky1 wrote: »
    Ray Winstone, had the pleasure of working on the set of 'Moonfleet' had breakfast a few times with him, great actor and very friendly no 'I'm an actor ' bulsh1t about him.

And he's a Hammer!

Probably not inexplicably but I like Ricky Tomlinson and Ewan McGregor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Bradley Walsh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Paloma Faith. I guess she's cute or something.

I know he's only a character but there's something about Hannibal Lector that I love 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I know he's only a character but there's something about Hannibal Lector that I love ��

Probably something to do with the same thing that causes people to fall for convicted murderers.
    Interesting topic.

Bradley Walsh.....

Agreed. My friend's sister lives in the UK and was on "The Chase" a few years back. She said Bradley is absolutely lovely, what you see on screen is his real persona.

Watch some of the videos on YouTube when he gets a fit of the giggles and can't control himself. The 'Fanny Chmelar one is hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Suarez , cheating ****er, but i love him.
    As mentioned previously, Ivan Yates.
    Tubridy 😌

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I know he's only a character but there's something about Hannibal Lector that I love ��

His mask?

It's nice when you hear that someone you've always thought is nice, actually turns out to be :)

True that

Bill O'Herlihy

RIP Bill

He seemed like a lovely person.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    All the racist ones.

Advertisement