Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And Umps face no repercussions for being sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Mike Leake of Mariners went 8 perfect before giving up a hit and a walk to start the 9th. So close, but he did strike out Trout to end the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

The Mets acquire Marcus Stroman from the Blue Jays. The Mets are sending across Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson.

For once a trade I don't instantly hate

ShyMets wrote: »
    The Mets acquire Marcus Stroman from the Blue Jays. The Mets are sending across Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson.

For once a trade I don't instantly hate

We’ll have to wait and see what else they do though. I don’t think this trade can be looked at on its own. I’d imagine it means at least 1 and maybe 2 of Noah/Wheeler/Vargas will be gone by Wednesday.

That’s their 3 top pitching prospects traded now in the past 6 months so I reckon they’ll be looking to refill there with trades over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

We’ll have to wait and see what else they do though. I don’t think this trade can be looked at on its own. I’d imagine it means at least 1 and maybe 2 of Noah/Wheeler/Vargas will be gone by Wednesday.

That’s their 3 top pitching prospects traded now in the past 6 months so I reckon they’ll be looking to refill there with trades over the next couple of days.

Stroman's signed through 2020. More concerned that he's a ground ball pitcher and the Mets middle infield defense is among the worst in MLB (Rosario, Cannot.)

But, agreed they're not done yet. Still need many pieces, Diaz nearly blew another save last night, Familia's awful, and the outfield especially LF is very weak defensively.

Fortunately playing a soft part of the schedule now.

Missed this one: Twins get Sergio Romo from Marlins for minor-league prospect. Seems like a fairly cheap acquisition and Romo's got some miles yet on him.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/AL-Central-leading-Twins-get-reliever-Romo-from-14190756.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

So who do we see the Yankees making a play for before the deadline tomorrow.I was surprised they didn't take stroman ,feel they might go for Robbie Ray .

Just watching the video of the Reds/Pirates fight last night and the funniest thing is the music playing in the background. 'You've lost that loving feeling' playing out as Yaseil Puig loses his mind.

For some reason, a reporter thought this was worth reporting.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1156636848619479042

Not much happening elsewhere with less than an hour to go. Nats got a few relievers anyway.

MLB TV is showing MLB Network for the trade deadline too.

EDIT - Well that was a bit of a letdown, not much went on.

EDIT 2 - Scrap that last edit, Greinke to the Astros!!!! That's huge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Cashmans sitting on his hands and gets feck all done. Astros just pulled off some deal

Cashmans sitting on his hands and gets feck all done. Astros just pulled off some deal

Must be a NY thing. Mets who stupidly think they're still in but with the worst bullpen in baseball do nothing to strengthen it while the Brave/Nats both bolster theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

EDIT 2 - Scrap that last edit, Greinke to the Astros!!!! That's huge
    Yep, I guess that makes the Astros WS favorites...

Along with the Yankees, I'm surprised the Dodgers made no real moves either. They have the talent but always seem to sit on it... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Must be a NY thing. Mets who stupidly think they're still in but with the worst bullpen in baseball do nothing to strengthen it while the Brave/Nats both bolster theirs.

Don't worry. It's all part of Van Wagenen's masterplan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

What a move by the Astros.

Fair play to them.

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Yep, I guess that makes the Astros WS favorites...

Along with the Yankees, I'm surprised the Dodgers made no real moves either. They have the talent but always seem to sit on it... :confused:

That's not really true.
    Dodgers signed Machado last season and Darvish the season before that. Both of who ended up being a bit of a let down.
    They built up the farm system to use it for the future, not to waste on short term rentals, or pay over the odds for a trade at the deadline

8 suspended for the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati fight a couple o f nights ago. Surprisingly Garrett only got 8 games.

New safety nets that will eventually be in all stadiums not only save fans from foul balls

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1157012047974023175

Phil's pitcher Velasquez throws out a runner. From left field. First time since 1980 a pitcher's done this.

Then, nearly throws out another.

Then, makes a diving catch to end the inning.

Phillies did lose the game though. Pity.

https://deadspin.com/phillies-pitcher-vince-velazquez-was-the-best-left-fiel-1836934969

What a scene here. Dad getting interviewed as his son in his debut gets his first hit. And it's a home run off the reigning Cy Young winner!

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1158516193902387201?s=20

13 out of 14. 1 out of the wild card.

Too bad it's August and we can't play the Marlins and Pirates forever. Beats seemingly endless dreary losing though. Looking forward to the weekend, two great sets of starting pitching going head-to-head.

New rules in effect if we're to believe MLB.TV's At-Bat

Cardinals v Dodgers live on YouTube in a bit.

2 triple plays in a few weeks for the Twins

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsMLB/status/1159176725894520839

EDIT - same pitcher on the mound for both too!

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    13 out of 14. 1 out of the wild card.

Too bad it's August and we can't play the Marlins and Pirates forever. Beats seemingly endless dreary losing though. Looking forward to the weekend, two great sets of starting pitching going head-to-head.

Yeah, will be interesting. I know Scherzer's out but apart from him it's the top pitchers from both sides going.

Make or break time, we'll see if it's been Fool's gold the past few weeks.

Advertisement