Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teachers nicknames

Options

Comments

BIT<HFORD

Mid Eighties - In making smalltalk with her, I mentioned some situation where I would have been told to "Go to the office" by another teacher, but then the end of schoolday bell rang. She replied "Bhí tú sabháilte" (You were saved).

Then in her class, I did some infraction. The end of school bell rang. She did'nt say to "Go to the office".....but the following morning when she saw me for class, the first question out of her mouth was "Did you go to the office?"

For first year, third year and fourth year students she had no real connect with the students and was a jobsworth (boy school)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Il y a
    Freddy
    Billy Eyebrows
    Chuck
    Jive
    Bill the Bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

RHH - Red Head Herbert

Bulldog

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Jellyjaws (poor thing had quite the double chin)
    Gargo (based on her surname)
    Meanie Maher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Wart
    Bog
    Hawk
    Big Dan
    Fanny
    Jimmy Knuckles
    Biddy
    Daffy
    Hitler
    Mary Buck
    Anne Buck
    Ned
    Wee Micky

The cleaner was called Molly Mops and god love her but she got a wild hard time every single day.
    BIT<HFORD

Mid Eighties - In making smalltalk with her, I mentioned some situation where I would have been told to "Go to the office" by another teacher, but then the end of schoolday bell rang. She replied "Bhí tú sabháilte" (You were saved).

Then in her class, I did some infraction. The end of school bell rang. She did'nt say to "Go to the office".....but the following morning when she saw me for class, the first question out of her mouth was "Did you go to the office?"

For first year, third year and fourth year students she had no real connect with the students and was a jobsworth (boy school)

Cool story.

• Advertisement

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Mrs Hilary in my school was known as "Hysterical Hilary," not only for her ferocious temper but also because she had had her womb removed.

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Flora because she spread her legs like butter. A sight that was not welcomed

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

FFred wrote: »
    Some of us most certainly do. They would put the ones here to shame because we are the mature adults of course :pac:

I am so tempted.
    Not so long ago I told a colleague what I (privately) called one of my students. To be clear, I had never said it out loud before I told her, it existed as a nickname only in my imagination.
    She went home and told her kids! They thought it was hilarious and it has entered their family lexicon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Lurch. Because she was quite tall and was the spitting image of Lurch from the Addams Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LarryGraham

micar wrote: »
    Ned
    Fingers
    Miss Piggy
    Bleach
    Fish
    Faggs-er
    Monkey
    Joxer
    Turkey
    Big Bird
    Jimbo

Alvin
    Joe
    Wooly
    Reggie (because he used to blink a lot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Ned
    Fingers
    Miss Piggy
    Bleach
    Fish
    Faggs-er
    Monkey
    Joxer
    Turkey
    Big Bird
    Jimbo

I know your school :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Bottler - long before Brendan Grace, but the name might have been known more widely than our school. Apparently someone thought he looked like a long bottle.
    Noddy - cruel because he had a twitch
    Johnny - no idea
    LeatherLips - good job it wasn't a girls school, he was a young French teacher , who despite being Irish, looked very French and was young.
    BillyBones - after the cruel pirate, richly deserved.
    Killer, alliterative name but also apt, he used to kill us. (metaphorically:pac:)

I'd suspect no one under 60 will recognise these. Aside from having to be a past pupil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Alvin
    Joe
    Wooly
    Reggie (because he used to blink a lot)
    I know your school :cool:

Joe and Alvin.......of course

That's mad that you recognise the school. Most are now retired and some passed away.

Forgot ..... Fat Pat

Joe and Alvin.......of course

That's mad that you recognise the school. Most are now retired and some passed away.

Forgot ..... Fat Pat

I’d imagine the likes of fingers and monkey, joe and jim would be retired alright. Do you know which caretaker used to mop pish off the floors of the jacks, then use that same mop to clean the tabletops in the assembly area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Pob - Maths teacher, his real name initials were P O'B hence the name.
    Jippo - PE teacher
    Ma Rice - Terrifying Business Studies Teacher
    Long Tom - Lanky Science Teacher
    Chuck - Our principal

I’d imagine the likes of fingers and monkey, joe and jim would be retired alright. Do you know which caretaker used to mop pish off the floors of the jacks, then use that same mop to clean the tabletops in the assembly area?

That's mank.

I remember Aidan with the wig.

There was another guy who was a FAI referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The Hawk
    Ronnie
    The Leper

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LarryGraham

Fat Bazz

Yiz are both right.. fai ref and fat bazz are one and the same. Manky git! He used to try and get first years to do 100 lines for him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yaguhu cloud

Flathead

• Advertisement

Fat Bazz
    Yiz are both right.. fai ref and fat bazz are one and the same. Manky git! He used to try and get first years to do 100 lines for him :rolleyes:

Yes.....baz.

100 lines........Mad stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

XsApollo wrote: »
    Beaker Physics
    Robocop English, she was ruthless and you did not mess with her.

Dozey was the principle.
    Shiner was vice principle
    Few others I can’t remember
    I can tell you went to my school but are younger. No idea who most of them are.

Egg
    Fred
    Scab
    Pig

The older nicknames were a bit more aggressive I suppose.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

These names existed before I went to the school!

Slim - He was overweight
    ET - He had a large lump on his neck (extra testicle)
    RoboCop - He had CP and couldn't walk properly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sonic.
    The Bull.
    The Nit.
    Fanny.
    The Squaw.
    The Bat.
    Hitler.
    Jakes.
    Dog Face.
    Squareballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Long Tom (very tall FCA Captain), Shine, Dicky Rasher (because he was as thin as a rake), Murt, McCavity, Dingle, RightSo (his favourite phrase), Trom agus Eadroim ( an Irish teacher who had two leathers, heavy and light), Fab Vinnie and a few other psychopaths and antisocials, including several alcoholics (Butsey)

Butsey was a harmless ol' soul, in the middle of a class he'd randomly instruct everyone to "Bí ina chodladh" so you had to fold your arms on the desk and bury your face into the timber. Then he'd pull out the naggin of whiskey from his inner jacket pocket and have an ol' swig.

Maurice was another dipso but he couldn't handle it like Butsy, he'd drink himself into oblivion and lose all interest altogether in teaching by about 1 o clock.

Queenie Long was the most persecuted teacher that I ever saw, his biro stopped working one day and without thinking he says "For God sake has anyone a spare biro?"
    It was like an apache attack, in about 2 seconds there was 34 biros hopping off him and whizzing past him as he tried to duck.

The Wretch was a big posh rugby player, I met him about 10 years ago and had a good laugh with him.

The French teacher was called "Vite!" and poor old Brother Billy the religion teacher must have been in his eighties, I'd say they used just let him out of the monastery for a walk and a bit of air.

Happy days.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Chum
    Harry
    Mohal
    Podge
    Porky
    Toss
    Ned
    Poochie
    Ape
    Cruncher
    Bull

Not forgetting Hairy Joe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

OCS!

Don't forget Kipper,Benny Curtin,Bopper,Langer,Droopy,Bog,Psycho and Spud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

OCS!

Don't forget Kipper,Benny Curtin,Bopper,Langer,Droopy,Bog,Psycho and Spud!

That man was a , ahem, not my favourite teacher (assuming its the same one, a Brother). I left in '71.

Years after leaving, I spotted him crossing the road at Summerhill on my way to work. The lights were with me :pac: , but I slowed down. A guy in work said " you should have run him over" - and he didn't even go to OCS, but knew of yer man's reputation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

That man was a , ahem, not my favourite teacher (assuming its the same one, a Brother). I left in '71.

Yep he was a brother..the general consensus was that he was a creepy old git..saw him explode into shocking violence once or twice too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

dodo (as in do this then do that, not the extinct bird)
    Jake (Jarleth to you)
    Madigan (not her real surname)
    Sonny (not sure if that was actually his real first name or not but if it was we used it as if it were his nickname)

Advertisement