Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal cycling Blanchardstown to city centre

• 12-05-2019 11:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to cycle along the canal from Blanchardstown to the city centre?
    Anybody any personal experience and if so how long ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's a whole thread dedicated to it in the main forum.

You can get from Blanchardstown (12th Lock) to Amiens street along the canal. on any type of bike really You'll come off at Phibsborough, go down Whitworth and get back on at Dorset Street, but otherwise it's pretty much a straight run. They've even removed some gates, though there is 1 at Ashtown and 1 near Broombridge.

The bit before croke park is where you might have to negotiate broken glass though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Weepsie wrote: »
    There's a whole thread dedicated to it in the main forum.

You can get from Blanchardstown (12th Lock) to Amiens street along the canal. on any type of bike really You'll come off at Phibsborough, go down Whitworth and get back on at Dorset Street, but otherwise it's pretty much a straight run. They've even removed some gates, though there is 1 at Ashtown and 1 near Broombridge.

The bit before croke park is where you might have to negotiate broken glass though.

Cheers going to try on a mountain bike today see how I get on.
    Was worried about glass etc see how it goes.
    Didn't see other forum I'll have a look now thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's generally grand. Just I cycled the from Dorset Street to Amiens this morning to work and there was a lot of glass. Saturday night drinkers I presume whom are smashing the glass or throwing it into the canal.

There are a few lads who are often drinking cans up near the end, they keep to themselves and at least bag their rubbish.

Advertisement