Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

A new jersey on Castelknock Road between Blanchardstown and the M50 bridge, with I believe, a Lumen in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

100Suns wrote: »
    A new jersey on Castelknock Road between Blanchardstown and the M50 bridge, with I believe, a Lumen in it?

Was that you in the face hat thing and all-black clothing?

Lumen wrote: »
    Was that you in the face hat thing and all-black clothing?

It was.

I'm led to believe the technical term for the face hat thing is a 'buff', which according to a recent tread is the most versatile piece of clothing ever invented. Apparently NASA has been experimenting with them and has concluded that in a pinch it could be used as a replacement space suit if yours happens to be at the cleaners when you have to go out and reattach something important to the space shuttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

It was.

I'm led to believe the technical term for the face hat thing is a 'buff', which according to a recent tread is the most versatile piece of clothing ever invented. Apparently NASA has been experimenting with them and has concluded that in a pinch it could be used as a replacement space suit if yours happens to be at the cleaners when you have to go out and reattach something important to the space shuttle.

I was corrected on this recently, as I too thought it was a buff, but no. 'Buff' is a brand, the item of clothing is apparently a 'snood'. Wikipedia says it, so it must be true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snood_%28headgear%29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Like this?

SNOOD_A.jpg

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »
    I was corrected on this recently, as I too thought it was a buff, but no. 'Buff' is a brand, the item of clothing is apparently a 'snood'. Wikipedia says it, so it must be true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snood_%28headgear%29

Professional soccer players wear 'snoods'. I'm using the default term 'buff' until I come up with something more Jenslike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

This morning, crossing the M50 bridge on the Castleknock Road at 845ish.

Woohoo, finally, I'm back in the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Last Gasp outside the cafe in Laragh today.

Sorry LG for not hanging around outside but we had to get indoors fairly pronto to defrost!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

jimm wrote: »
    Last Gasp outside the cafe in Laragh today.

Sorry LG for not hanging around outside but we had to get indoors fairly pronto to defrost!!!
    No probs Jimm. I had to sit outside - the warm air inside was making my cough so bad I couldn't string 2 words together, and I would have driven everyone else mad. I had a nice spin afterwards over Sally Gap with Mrs Rottenhat and Aideen from Orwell, who was on her 21st climb of Sally Gap in a month, with a target of 25 before midnight tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

LastGasp wrote: »
    No probs Jimm. I had to sit outside - the warm air inside was making my cough so bad I couldn't string 2 words together, and I would have driven everyone else mad. I had a nice spin afterwards over Sally Gap with Mrs Rottenhat and Aideen from Orwell, who was on her 21st climb of Sally Gap in a month, with a target of 25 before midnight tomorrow !

Wow, thats 4 climbs of the Gap tomorrow. Still, should be no prob for a world master’s championships silver medallist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

On the cycle track on Sally Glen Road towards Glenageary 4.45ish this evening. No acknowledgement as I was on the cycle track on the other side going the other way....probably Daragh again:rolleyes:

brayblue24 wrote: »
    On the cycle track on Sally Glen Road towards Glenageary 4.45ish this evening. No acknowledgement as I was on the cycle track on the other side going the other way....probably Daragh again:rolleyes:

Not me! Was in work until 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

brayblue24 wrote: »

Likely me, I was down that way around then

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

old style jersey this morning bout 930 at the baths in clontarf. looked to be struggling a bit into the breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Not struggling, resting...

Looking forward to the spin home tho...

Mind you, 20kph sounded more like 50 with the wind whistling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Professional soccer players wear 'snoods'. I'm using the default term 'buff' until I come up with something more Jenslike.
    Just recently banned by FIFA on the grounds of being unsafe. Can cause strangulation apparently. So can an arm though..

Lemag wrote: »
    Just recently banned by FIFA on the grounds of being unsafe. Can cause strangulation apparently. So can an arm though..

:rolleyes:

God almighty, can adults not even make a simple choice to wear something to keep them warm anymore without dying:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Not struggling, resting...

Looking forward to the spin home tho...

Mind you, 20kph sounded more like 50 with the wind whistling.

20kph! - pretty impressive given the wind, which clearly must have been stronger at 0730 as I definitely was struggling to stay over 18kph at one stage :). Mind you once past the wooden bridge it got a lot better. Almost broke the 25kph barrier at one stage.

Hopefully not to many pedestrians on the track on the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

20kph! - pretty impressive given the wind, which clearly must have been stronger at 0730 as I definitely was struggling to stay over 18kph at one stage :). Mind you once past the wooden bridge it got a lot better. Almost broke the 25kph barrier at one stage.
    Jeez, I was down to 30x24 gearing for 13kph at one point this morning!
    Hopefully not to many pedestrians on the track on the home.
    GANGWAY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Cdaly? at the end of the clontarf cycle track heading towards fairview/east wall at around 1815ish - Old style jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Passed someone in wearing the new jersey while out with Orwell today, they were on the way into Enniskerry, probably around half 10 this morning.

keenan110 wrote: »
    Passed someone in wearing the new jersey while out with Orwell today, they were on the way into Enniskerry, probably around half 10 this morning.

sounds like me again. were you the group stopped for the guy fixing the puncture, or were you the guys coming the other way just at the ski club?

I met dozens and dozen of people out on bikes today, more than I've ever seen to date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Think i saw you..... Passed you on the way to Enniskerry around 10.40. U were on ur own wearing new boards.ie jersey - I shouted "hi boardsie!" I i was on an S-Works Roubaix.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Saw someone on Saturday in Cabinteely, shouted a big hi, I was literally 50m away from home and soaked from 70k in the rain.

spyderski wrote: »
    Think i saw you..... Passed you on the way to Enniskerry around 10.40. U were on ur own wearing new boards.ie jersey - I shouted "hi boardsie!" I i was on an S-Works Roubaix.....

yep, just about kept up with ya into Enniskerry then went our separate ways :p

keenan110 wrote: »

Could also have been me. Passed a group of ye just after that short climb that always make me cry (Lovers Leap Lane - not sure if thats the right name).

Was bloody cold yesterday. We were up on the Military Road and the fog was freezing onto my Jersey!

daragh_ wrote: »
    Was bloody cold yesterday. We were up on the Military Road and the fog was freezing onto my Jersey!

yes, it was. my feet were frozen, first time really I've really had issues with the cold. Cut my cycle short because of it.

yes, it was. my feet were frozen, first time really I've really had issues with the cold. Cut my cycle short because of it.

Same here. We were planning on going to Laragh and back. Slunk home halfway with our tails between our legs. :D

Boardsie wearing a black backpack spotted breaking a red light at the corner of Macken/Pearse Street today at around 17:30 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

saw a boards trim poking out from under another jersey/vest up at the castleknock end of phoenix park

Advertisement