Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Last year it was 159.

Was it good / reliable? I’m thinking of ditching sky sports because I hardly watch the soccer any more and would only be keeping it for NFL. Is Gamepass a better option?

Are the UK prime time game geo locked on Gamepass can anybody tell me?
    Last year it was excellent. I had one issue where the countdown went to zero and couldn't watch the game for the first five minutes. geo Locked ? Do you mean blackout ? . Some of us including myself have had no blackout of any games the last two years but some have. I've no idea why that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Last year it was excellent. I had one issue where the countdown went to zero and couldn't watch the game for the first five minutes. geo Locked ? Do you mean blackout ? . Some of us including myself have had no blackout of any games the last two years but some have. I've no idea why that is though.

Yes blackout it what I meant. I want it mainly to watch Steelers games but they are on prime time for five games so if those five games are going to be blacked out that’s a big consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    No, the blackouts don't seem to be enforced the last few years, and they're easy to work around even if they were.

I think it's fantastic value, and it really improved last year after the initial start up problems the year before. I found it faultless last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Last year was.my first time and it worked well 99% of the time. I'll definitely renew this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Yes blackout it what I meant. I want it mainly to watch Steelers games but they are on prime time for five games so if those five games are going to be blacked out that’s a big consideration.

Even if you are blacked out, the prime time games aren’t. However it is likely that Pittsburgh will be shown a few times in the 6pm and 9pm slots

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    No, the blackouts don't seem to be enforced the last few years, and they're easy to work around even if they were.

I think it's fantastic value, and it really improved last year after the initial start up problems the year before. I found it faultless last year.

It does sound good. I will probably go with it

When you say easy to get around do you need a static IP?

No, just go for a weekend away outside the UK & Ireland ;)

Now that's going back to a worldwide format, will this bring back variable pricing? I bought the Brazilian package a few years ago at a substantial discount.

The trick now is to keep it like it was last season and build slightly but what worked last season should work this year. My point is the people behind it need to not overthink things. Also did anyone see the thing they tried over the draft which on the desktop version it gave an option to watch games with up to four friends using webcams that the people have. It seemed an interesting idea I have to say.

Yeah, I saw that, but none of my mates had stayed up! Seems like a good concept, and a way to entice more customers over!

No, just go for a weekend away outside the UK & Ireland ;)

Now that's going back to a worldwide format, will this bring back variable pricing? I bought the Brazilian package a few years ago at a substantial discount.

There was a bargain alert here last year that got the Indian package NBA Gamepass for a tenner. Never used it but I just couldn’t leave it after me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Yeah i saw the app update last week and saw that it was now changed from Europe to Worldwide

Hopefully the variable pricing comes in. Saying that, i got good use out of it for the 160e so im not too worked up about it

BKWDR wrote: »
    Yeah i saw the app update last week and saw that it was now changed from Europe to Worldwide

Hopefully the variable pricing comes in. Saying that, i got good use out of it for the 160e so im not too worked up about it

Yeah the games live and the on demand stuff and documentaries and of course Kay Adams. if they give the option of four payments instead of one I'll take it this time. I did it last season because I told myself if it goes tits up again I won't feel as bad as giving one lump sum. Now, I'll do it for convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to admit I love my Gamepass and would hate to give it up. The odd time there's a blacked out clash I just watch Redzone - and I don't care quite enough to stay up late and watch the Primetime games so I can just watch them on 40 mins onthe way in to work the next day. The documentaries and all the extras are well watchable throughout the offseason too. I'll often have one of the Timelines or something in the background when I'm doing stuff around the house.

The 4 payments would make it easier to budget for me though, so I do hope they bring that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just got the email

With the countdown to the 2019 NFL season underway, we wanted to share details regarding your current NFL Game Pass subscription.

For the 2019 NFL season, the price of Season Pro in your market is increasing by 2.9%. This will take the price to GBP 143.99, which equates to an increase of less than 20p per week from NFL Kickoff to Super Bowl LIV. If you paid by instalments in 2018, your 2019 subscription fee will be split across 4 equal monthly payments. If you would like to update your payment preference to instalments, this can be done by following the steps we’ll provide by email on July 1, 2019.

My number is 163.99 which €4 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I don't mind the increase that much but when they've went to the bother to do Samsung and LG TV apps and not bothered with Android TV then they can keep it. They've had long enough.
    There really shouldn't be an increase after how unreliable it's been anyway.

Which decided by four is € 40.99 which I assume will be rounded up to €41 I mean I had installlments set up from last year and I think I'll be staying that way. There seemed like some new features including scheduled downloads which sounds a nice addition.

Which decided by four is € 40.99 which I assume will be rounded up to €41 I mean I had installlments set up from last year and I think I'll be staying that way. There seemed like some new features including scheduled downloads which sounds a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Good to see Smart TVs getting support. PIP on the apps would be a neat feature

I don't mind the increase that much but when they've went to the bother to do Samsung and LG TV apps and not bothered with Android TV then they can keep it. They've had long enough.
    There really shouldn't be an increase after how unreliable it's been anyway.
    It's not unreliable anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Will the Smart TV app mean I cast from phone to TV or get it straight to TV? Both devices are Samsung here

It's not unreliable anymore.

It had it's moments but yeah nowhere near as bad as 2017, though that's minor for me anyway. Surely they could do an app for the TV Play Store if they can do one for LG and Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Scheduled Downloads (New)

Know you’re going to miss the game live? This season, you’ll be able to wake up to your team’s highlights automatically downloaded directly to your mobile or tablet, making it easier to catch up than ever before.

This will be great for my Morning commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Will the Smart TV app mean I cast from phone to TV or get it straight to TV? Both devices are Samsung here

It'll be an app you'll download from your TVs app storre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Buttros wrote: »
    Scheduled Downloads (New)

Know you’re going to miss the game live? This season, you’ll be able to wake up to your team’s highlights automatically downloaded directly to your mobile or tablet, making it easier to catch up than ever before.

This will be great for my Morning commute.

Only new feature for me really (Philips Smart TV so no app there), but will be great to have, that's the Monday commute sorted for the next year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I found gamepass a nightmare last year. It worked on my android device perfectly the season before, but this season then wasnt supported and was crap. i ended up using other streams more often than not. When I contacted gamepass they more or less said tough sh!t, that it wasnt a supported device.

Just went in to switch off the auto renew and to say they make it hard is an understatement. You can only do it through a web browser and you can only switch it off within 4 weeks of the month in July. I would imagine there are thousands who auto renew that dont intend to but get locked in for forgetting to turn it off and rather than complain just keep it going anyway. Its sneaky underhanded stuff from them, as well as constant price increases. I dont know why they need to increase the price anyway. Is it worth such a measly increase to once more have a negative start to another season.

bruschi wrote: »
    I found gamepass a nightmare last year. It worked on my android device perfectly the season before, but this season then wasnt supported and was crap. i ended up using other streams more often than not. When I contacted gamepass they more or less said tough sh!t, that it wasnt a supported device.

Just went in to switch off the auto renew and to say they make it hard is an understatement. You can only do it through a web browser and you can only switch it off within 4 weeks of the month in July. I would imagine there are thousands who auto renew that dont intend to but get locked in for forgetting to turn it off and rather than complain just keep it going anyway. Its sneaky underhanded stuff from them, as well as constant price increases. I dont know why they need to increase the price anyway. Is it worth such a measly increase to once more have a negative start to another season.

Can you actually do it now? I thought it was July 1st so hadn't looked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Can you actually do it now? I thought it was July 1st so hadn't looked.

no, cant do it now. Have to wait until July to stop the auto renew. Its some scam of a set up in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got my one-month gamepass warning there, looks like anyone who wants to not auto-renew can now do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Had to change my auto renew status there, not going to bother this year. I was fully sure I had already set it to not auto renew, but there you go.

Advertisement