Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Guide to Server Hosting

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

How do I find the server IP? I tried my own IP but that doesn't work :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

it's your external ip, http://www.whatismyip.com/ and add :25565 to the end

you should be able to join your own server by typing in "localhost" into the server address bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

I know this is a old thread. But online-mode simply checks with the minecraft database to see if the player is premuim . If its off non-premuim (cracked clients) can join.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eddied96

not sure how threads work and all so dont kill me if i did something wrong with this reply :D SO i want to host a small server for about 4 or 5 friends but not on my home computer as its only 32bit, 1g ram and ****ty pentium 4 processor etc, so i was looking at different vps and i was wondering if i need a control panel Plesk i think its called? and if anybody can recommened a cheap vps and configuration options? just the control panel bit om confused on most

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

eddied96 wrote: »
    not sure how threads work and all so dont kill me if i did something wrong with this reply :D SO i want to host a small server for about 4 or 5 friends but not on my home computer as its only 32bit, 1g ram and ****ty pentium 4 processor etc, so i was looking at different vps and i was wondering if i need a control panel Plesk i think its called? and if anybody can recommened a cheap vps and configuration options? just the control panel bit om confused on most
    I recommend these guys http://www.pieserv.com/node/minecraft
    that comes with a control panel but if youre looking for a cheap vps go with these http://nerdyvps.com/
    They are both hosted in the east coast usa but they use hurrcane electric's new ip transit so I get pings of 70ms ish which is great for minecraft.
    A control panel for minecraft isnt really necessary and if youre only planning on having afew friends on I recommend getting a vps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Mraddgamer

Thanks this was a big help

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

My son wants to set up a server on my laptop so his friends can play minecraft with him.

I've downloaded minecraft server and that's running fine.
    Problem:
    I have an Eircom modem and I can't find the place to put in the port and ip address settings.
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

As far as I remember you have to go to expert mode, and then set up the ports from there.

laura-can wrote: »
    As far as I remember you have to go to expert mode, and then set up the ports from there.

I've done that but there is no where to put the ip address

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247-62/Minecraft_Server.htm

This probably isn't the same router model but yeah just setting up a custom service for both TCP and UDP should work for you.

• Advertisement

I've posted the port and I have the minecraft server running and the server shows up on the minecraft game but when I try to enter it says bad login.

I can't see where I login for it to be bad.

Any ideas?

The login servers might have been down when you tried. Keep trying/refresh server list/restart your client and see if you get anywhere.

Failing that redownload the client :/

Advertisement