Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

• 04-01-2018 1:01pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As some of you may or may not know, Christmas Enthusiasts like ourselves celebrate a little bit of Christmas on the 25th of each month outside of December and they call that day each month, Rudolph Day.

I think it's a great idea and not something I've stuck to myself but I'm going to try my best to stick to it this year, so why not plan ideas for it here.

I'm thinking one month you could watch a Christmas Movie on the 25th, wear Christmas socks to work, make a festive treat for yourself, and dare I say could we even finally get a Forum Meet Up to happen on a 25th?

Also March 25th is Waffle Day so that's that one already sorted!

So share your thoughts, ideas and pics of what you will do for Rudolph Day(s) in 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love this idea! I’m definitely going to cook turkey for dinner in February when the 25th falls at the weekend. Just a turkey drumstick! Not an actual turkey.

I’m going to go look up ideas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The 25th of January is Burns Night, the brightest note in a dull month and something to look forward to, for when Christmas is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Aw that's such a lovely idea and I love the name! What a great thing to look forward to each month!
    I'll put a reminder into my phone for it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do what ye all think, Jan 25th will we make it Christmas Socks day?

And we can all post up pics of our socks that day, for the office folk we can use the excuse the Christmas ones were accidentally left in rotation haha.

Love it! No one in the office will see my elf socks under my skinny jeans. :cool:

• Advertisement

Not long to go until the first Rudolph Day of the year! I'm not going to lie, I've had to actively avoid all the Christmas socks in the drawer in anticipation!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not long to go until the first Rudolph Day of the year! I'm not going to lie, I've had to actively avoid all the Christmas socks in the drawer in anticipation!

Haha I did the same yesterday’s morning as a Monday morning treat I was going to wear Christmas socks to cheer myself up but I was like nope, not until the 25th.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hmm... wonder what socks I'll wear on the 25th? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am shocked to note that I do not own a pair of Christmas socks. So it's Christmas jocks for me and they will not be shown off around the office but I will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Think I'll partake in Rudolph day this year. The crimbo socks I discussed in another thread shall be worn on the 25th of each month from now on rather than keeping them up for 11 months. A token gesture perhaps but hey, its the little things!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Great idea I wondered what Rudolph day was when I heard it mentioned before
    I don’t own Christmas socks 😢
    I’ll see if there are any floating around in Heatons sale

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SarahLil wrote: »

Penneys (Blanchardstown) still had some out last weekend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

SarahLil wrote: »

Neither do I - I'll wear Christmas jammies instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »
    Penneys (Blanchardstown) still had some out last weekend.

Thanks I’ll try there

Less than a week to our first Rudolph day of the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishcailin

I'm going to join you all. Don't own Christmas socks but i'll find something festive to wear 😊

LIDL have waffle makers on sale this Thursday for anyone in search of a waffle maker for waffle day March 25th.

That's where I got mine last year! :D

I think my sandwich maker has waffle plates - I've never used them! Do you just use the same mixture as you would for pancakes like? :o

This is the recipe I use. I reduce the salt to a pinch though.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/41499/classic-waffles.aspx

• Advertisement

Thanks Toto!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So... unknowingly I got married on a Rudoplh Day so that makes all this extra exciting! I'm for Sock Day. :D

So any ideas for the remaining Rudolph Days?

I love how 3 of them land on a Sunday, I think a trial Christmas dinner should be in order for one of the Sundays and watch a Christmas Movie day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

I tentatively floated Rudolph day with the bah Humbug OH (not really she just doesn't get Christmas 12 months of the year)..silence. She went and got a pair of Christmas socks saying she would wear them. So we're both in. Now all I need is a ham.

Hooray! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I don't have Christmas socks, but definitely going to do something Christmassy on Thursday.  Oh & it's payday.....first one since Christmas......I'll be able to buy food again :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I can only find one of my Rudolph socks , does that matter ,?

I only ever seem to have "pairs" of odd , but similar coloured socks..:D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I can only find one of my Rudolph socks , does that matter ,?

I only ever seem to have "pairs" of odd , but similar coloured socks..:D

Of course it doesn’t matter! :)

Happy Rudolph Eve everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Waffle makers on sale in Lidl tomorrow

Advertisement