Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaah, Eskie, I'm so sorry. :(

Be as negative as you want, we're not just here for the good times. Things are tough, and that's incredibly disappointing news. You deserve all the chocolate. xx

Posy wrote: »
    Aaah, Eskie, I'm so sorry. :(

Be as negative as you want, we're not just here for the good times. Things are tough, and that's incredibly disappointing news. You deserve all the chocolate. xx

Thanks Posy, and thanks everyone! I'm feeling more positive again. I'm waiting for the official public announcement next week that we have been told to expect, as the Taoiseach has done a bit of back tracking today :pac:

https://www.thejournal.ie/micheal-martin-covid-interview-5359623-Feb2021/

Micheál today :pac:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,094 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Kite flying nonsense from this government, quelle surprise!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just means I’ll be on my holiday for longer, that’s my positive part of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

An absolute BEAUTIFUL spring day out there.

Fabulous spring day indeed, went for a 10k walk this afternoon with the family and it was such a boost to the mood... home now and about to start on a nice roast chicken dinner.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Fabulous spring day indeed, went for a 10k walk this afternoon with the family and it was such a boost to the mood... home now and about to start on a nice roast chicken dinner.

Just finished off a roast chicken dinner here as well.

Sunday roast is on the menu here too, just prepping the stuffing :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Just finished off a roast chicken dinner here as well.

Stuffed.com

Edit.
    The couple of cans of Guinness on top of the lovely dinner didn't hurt todays mood either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yes, what a day. Got for a good long family walk, seemed like ages since the last one. Half the country seemed to have the same idea was a bit hard to avoid people completely however we made a good fist of it. Worked with wearing the kids out as all were asleep before stories where finished.

Hope everyone had a nice day/weekend. Monday mornings don’t seem as bad when managed to get out and about.

A forestry near me was choc a block with people today, the car park was full and cars were parked everywhere. Absolutely scandalous. Saddened to see it and there’s even a coffee dock after setting up and people were queuing for it and no social distancing. I give up

We went to a local park for a slight change of scenery for our walk & left after a few minutes as it was simply way to busy, car park was overflowing & the footpaths were thronged with people, so we drove home & went for a walk around our immediate local area instead. A shame as we would have liked a park walk, but simply didnt want to risk it.

Its a lovely sunny morning.

Just booked a house in Tipperary for a week in July. Can't wait and something to really look forward too. Plan on the folks coming with us so fingers cross both vaccinated by then.

Can't believe this is the last week in February. Lockdown 3 is flying by. :pac: :(:p

Can't believe this is the last week in February. Lockdown 3 is flying by. :pac: :(:p

Sure we'll add a few weeks to it so...

Signed. M.Martin (Toaiseach)

Bright sun glare on the monitors, don't you just love it (obviously not but you know what I mean:))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

Can't believe the heat off the sun coming in the windows today. I've got them open all over the place but had to take my hoodie off in my "office" as I'm ploughing on with more job applications.

Dublin not included in the rain warnings for this week either, thankfully!

Beautiful morning/afternoon out there. Lovely lunchtime walk with the doggo.

All kidding aside, even though its (normally) only 3 days shorter, without fail every year February seems soooo much faster a month to get through than January. Its almost like January feels like 2 months at times, February zips by in comparison.

Was only saying to the Mrs today that having had such a nice sunday with the weather & seeing the sun out & blue skies today it does wonders for your mood. Brighter mornings & evenings are just the tonic we need after a rough time.

Suspect March will move along nicely too with St Patricks day (& a 5 day break for me!) in the middle to break it up & then we're into April & Easter which hopefully will see us all in a more positive frame of mind if things are starting to improve in general.

• Advertisement

Mad to think come Friday we're inches away from March, (I don't count the weekend as days anymore, they're a mere 15 minutes break)

Rudolph day (no.2) on Thursday too!

DvB wrote: »
    All kidding aside, even though its (normally) only 3 days shorter, without fail every year February seems soooo much faster a month to get through than January. Its almost like January feels like 2 months at times, February zips by in comparison.

Was only saying to the Mrs today that having had such a nice sunday with the weather & seeing the sun out & blue skies today it does wonders for your mood. Brighter mornings & evenings are just the tonic we need after a rough time.

Suspect March will move along nicely too with St Patricks day (& a 5 day break for me!) in the middle to break it up & then we're into April & Easter which hopefully will see us all in a more positive frame of mind if things are starting to improve in general.

Definitely feel the mood improve as not pitch dark when getting up or when going to get the kids. Also got out for a walk to the Mrs at lunch time today. First time in ages due to various reasons.

Also have the couple of days off after Paddy's and using carried over leave so feel like 'free' days off! Easter being early this year as means we'll be into the summer before we know it :)

The stretch in the evenings lately. The STRETCH. :D

Grand old....... :D

Went on a lovely long evening walk and it was still bright on our way home at 6pm :)

And the mornings. Fully Bright at 7.20am this morning. No more sun rise walks for me but totally worth it for the extra day light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    And the mornings. Fully Bright at 7.20am this morning. No more sun rise walks for me but totally worth it for the extra day light.

Yep. Went out this morning at 7.30 and it was beautifully bright - a glorious morning. My reflective jacket will be put into storage for a few months :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More than a reason to be cheerful but falling in love with an amazing sweet woman who makes me really really happy everyday :D:D

• Advertisement

More than a reason to be cheerful but falling in love with an amazing sweet woman who makes me really really happy everyday :D:D

That's pretty much jackpot territory. Nice one.

Advertisement