Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy:

Rudolph Day!
    Lunar New Year!
    Burns Night!

I'm wearing my Santa Claus socks and ordering an Indian. :)

Also, I seen a house earlier this evening with outdoor Christmas lights, and a Christmas tree still up! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IPv1Bib.jpg

My T-shirt for the day that’s in it :)

And I’m about to tuck into a turkey stuffing and cheese with cranberry sauce sambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Day Lewin wrote: »
    The very first Rudolph Day of the year is always Burns Night.
    Traditional Scottish celebration of their national poet, Robert Burns. (Him that wrote Auld lang Syne): whiskey, songs, and haggis!

Things I love about Burns Night are...

1. It's exactly one month after Christmas, the 25th of Jan.

2. It's a bright spot in a long, dark, cold, broke month.

3. You can keep some of the Christmas decorations alive - anything in tartan, evergreen foliage, red candles, deer, shortbread.

4. It's a hoot. Scots Wha Hae!

Here's a pic of my flower decoration for tonight:

And haggis. An under-rated delicacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day one and all! I nearly missed it - because I have a head like a sieve! :o But I did have a piece of Christmas Cake after my dinner & have taken a turkey breast out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow. I might even break open the cranberry sauce! :D

I'm having Quality Street at the moment, to round off the day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

We still have two Christmas cakes here so gave one to a neighbour last night, they were delighted.

Upcoming Rudolph Days:

Pancake Day (Tuesday February 25th)
    Waffle Day (Wednesday March 25th)

Then the next Rudolph Day in April falls on a Saturday again. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Upcoming Rudolph Days:

These Rudolph days are not helping my weight loss :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Upcoming Rudolph Days:

Everything to love!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Next rudolph day is one that has a special meaning for me, being my birthday and all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »
    These Rudolph days are not helping my weight loss :P

I’m the same cracked open a bottle of Prosecco last night with dinner himself was on the red wine then crackers and cheese that I hadn’t opened from Christmas there was some crisps too

DvB wrote: »
    Next rudolph day is one that has a special meaning for me, being my birthday and all.
    You can have a birthday pancake!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Good to hear everyone enjoyed the first Rudolph Day of the year :) I enjoyed my Rudolph sandwich (turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce) however was a bit of a hectic day so didn't get to do much else to celebrate.

Not sure about turkey and stuffing on a pancake so will have to come up with something else Christmasy for next one!

You can have a birthday pancake!! :D

They're usually gone by the time I get home but suspect there'll be something planned for me as my Mrs & the kids are really good that way & always make a fuss of birthdays etc.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

TRS30 wrote: »
    Good to hear everyone enjoyed the first Rudolph Day of the year :) I enjoyed my Rudolph sandwich (turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce) however was a bit of a hectic day so didn't get to do much else to celebrate.

Not sure about turkey and stuffing on a pancake so will have to come up with something else Christmasy for next one!
    I'm sure you could incorporate Baileys into it somehow. :pac:

I'm sure you could incorporate Baileys into it somehow. :pac:

Had a few baileys on Saturday.... delish. No excuse needed as far as we're concerned.

I had Baileys on Sunday. :D

I had Baileys on Sunday. :D

On a school night :-O

It's okay, it was afternoon Baileys. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

TRS30 wrote: »

I believe that Christmassy things like brandy and cream would be very nice on a pancake...

How about the pancake version of a mince pie? Stuff with mincemeat, heat it up and trickle brandy plus dollop of cream on top?

Definitely possibilities here!

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I believe that Christmassy things like brandy and cream would be very nice on a pancake...

How about the pancake version of a mince pie? Stuff with mincemeat, heat it up and trickle brandy plus dollop of cream on top?

Definitely possibilities here!

That sounds absolutely amazing! Calories, what calories......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

501431.jpeg

These arrived today in the post. Forgot I had ordered them. Cant wait now for the next Rudolph Day to wear a pair of them:D

Oooh I like!! :D

PaulT21 wrote: »
    501431.jpeg

These arrived today in the post. Forgot I had ordered them. Cant wait now for the next Rudolph Day to wear a pair of them:D

Oh I love them!! I deffo need new Xmas socks.

My favourite pair of Christmas socks are on the way out. Don't think they will see another Christmas, alas. :(

My favourite pair of Christmas socks are on the way out. Don't think they will see another Christmas, alas. :(

Penneys had some great ones last time round, worth checking out when they start restocking their Christmas stuff. Very reasonable pricewise as per usual with penneys.

When I retire certain items of favourite clothing I like to use them as dusters so as to keep them around :D

Don’t forget the next Rudolph day is Tuesday and it’s Pancake Tuesday too. Get your toppings ready!! What are ye all going with??

Pancakes with lemon and sugar- and jam.

Pancakes with nutella and strawberries. :)

Can't wait for Tuesday. :D

• Advertisement

Pancakes with lemon and sugar- and jam.

Pancakes with nutella and strawberries. :)

Can't wait for Tuesday. :D

Posy yes just yes too all of those toppings :D

Advertisement