Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

Zagato wrote: »
    Definitely!

Always thought that the Overseas bracelet looks really comfy but have never managed to try one on.

It’s fairly comfy. But I am not a bracelet person, all other watches on nato, leather or rubber. Don’t have the option to that with the VC due to the integrated bracelet.

banie01 wrote: »
    Is that a VC 893bet?

Lovely piece.

Sure it. A 42040 37mm. I have not wore it as much as I should!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Another from bargain watches I'm not buying thread... got it before it went back up in price.

501157.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

First watch from kickstarter finally arrived today, full titanium with a Sellita sw200 elabore grade movement. Ball bearing ratchet in bezel and a nice rubber strap also.

501289.jpg
    501290.jpg
    501291.jpg
    501293.jpg
    501294.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

funkyouup wrote: »
    First watch from kickstarter finally arrived today, full titanium with a Sellita sw200 elabore grade movement. Ball bearing ratchet in bezel and a nice rubber strap also.

That looks nice. How long was the wait?

That looks nice. How long was the wait?

The campaign started around March 20 last year, was meant to be ready in November but had a few delays along the way. Long long wait:)

• Advertisement

Came with a nice travel pouch too, feels like real leather to me.

501302.jpg

501303.jpg

funkyouup wrote: »

Very Nice. It would be one I would consider, but I'm more of a buy it now, rather than pre-order and wait months.

Yea i know what you mean, i took a chance on it and the delays did end up pissing me off. The guy behind it had a good track record on delivering though so i wasnt worried about being ripped off.
    Main problem was the campaign got a lot bigger than he anticipated, Sold about 1300 watches instead of around 300. it had a few stretch goals that all got activated when the campaign hit all its targets in the first 5 minutes of going live:D
    The ball bearing bezel assembly had issues so that slowed things down, he also had a new clasp with a divers extension(hasnt arrived yet) that had its problems.
    Different colour dials, different bezels as well but it all seems to have come good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Dan Henry today. It's been getting a lot of wrist time in the last few weeks.

IMG-20200128-094248.jpg

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Dan Henry today. It's been getting a lot of wrist time in the last few weeks.

https://i.ibb.co/SV9fjd2/IMG-20200128-094248.jpg

I was wondering how it looked after we chatted about this a month ago. that looks amazing.

Does the Barton NATO get sweaty or itchy etc. as I've only worn leather straps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I was wondering how it looked after we chatted about this a month ago. that looks amazing.

Does the Barton NATO get sweaty or itchy etc. as I've only worn leather straps.

No not itchy or sweaty at all. Very happy with it - as I am with all of the Barton straps I've bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Haven't posted in a while. Switched to this as my daily driver Casio G Shock GA 100 1AER

Love it

TKU6DbVr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Been loving this pick up before Christmas it's an Invicta 29179 with jubilee bracelet but must importantly, a Seiko NH35A movement all for €100 how can you go wrong. I'm very very tempted get the black version I love it

QyjuCNlr.jpg

XnPseYSr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Find myself mostly wearing more daily beaters since moving over here.

This one is an oldie but goodie AMW-320R which is a later version of the Casio "Arnie" which has a push button on either side. Love the colour of the yellow/gold dial in the sun.

ZhAy4Vo.jpg

Was sorting out my home office, going through some boxes of paperwork, and I found my old watch I wore in college. Still in decent nick for many years in a box.

501758.jpg

Kahuna Ripper2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

New to me Seiko spb079

IMG-20200203-133526.jpg

Very happy with it.. just arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Nice watch. Reminds me of the Tudor Black Bay blue. Those Seiko watches are great value.
    New to me Seiko spb079

SNIP

Very happy with it.. just arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's class. I wasn't aware of that model. Where did you get it and how much did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

That spb079 is a beautiful watch.

unkel wrote: »
    That's class. I wasn't aware of that model. Where did you get it and how much did it set you back?

If you are asking re the Seiko.. tz forums UK and under 500 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭Ryath

OldBean wrote: »
    That spb079 is a beautiful watch.

It is a stunning watch.
    Few variations for it SBDC061(bracelet, black bezel), SBDC063(rubber, blue bezel) Japanese and the SPB0779 (bracelet, black bezel), SPB079 (rubber, blue bezel) for the international market. Prefer the blue bezel myself.

Some good pics here.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/seiko-spb079-sbdc063-review-deep-dive-tribute-6159-a-4757145.html

There's also limited edition version that is very nice. SPB083J1

Was down to £734 in December!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/PROSPEX-Special-Divers-Automatic-SPB083J1/dp/B07HQXJDKP/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2WRS450T9MGBY&keywords=seiko+prospex+divers+watch&qid=1580748662&sprefix=seiko+pr%2Caps%2C134&sr=8-10

9367290_xxl.jpg?v=1539784482397

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

If you are asking re the Seiko.. tz forums UK and under 500 delivered

I apologise for making you join....

893bet wrote: »
    I apologise for making you join....

Yeah thanks :) still I'm happy with this watch.. love it so far..first watch I've put on and said wow... Well apart from my skyfall

If I got rid of my Seamaster for an Explorer (as my only watch), I'd say I'd be gasping for a blue faced quality diver soon enough. That Seiko on rubber would fit the bill nicely. I think I've gone through most of their blue faced auto divers at this stage, except of course the SBBN037 which is still high on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If I got rid of my Seamaster for an Explorer (as my only watch), I'd say I'd be gasping for a blue faced quality diver soon enough. That Seiko on rubber would fit the bill nicely. I think I've gone through most of their blue faced auto divers at this stage, except of course the SBBN037 which is still high on the list!

There was a blue faced Explorer back in the 90s. Maybe one watch can fit all requirements!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Julian Nice Tattoo

If you are selling your Seamaster please give me refusal :D

Just read this on a watch forum. Someone describing the Explorer 214270:
    If you want a Rolex but want others to think you are wearing a Timex, this watch is for you.

I guess it's the watch for me so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

One of the reasons I wear the explorer when I travel to Europe, its not scoped out by scoobies. The GMT pepsi or datejust stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Seiko SKX011 on a nato strap

IMG_20200204_090357.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

pjdarcy wrote: »
    Seiko SKX001 on a nato strap
    SNIP

Are you sure this is not an SKX011? Have the same watch at home if it is :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement