Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Irish Graffiti

• 13-10-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I have memory of learning about graffiti being discovered in some prehistoric tomb in school. I remember it so clearly but can't find it in any google searches. It was something like "Micheal was here" written in traditional Irish script and was dated to several centuries back. Does anyone else remember this or am I completely off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Srfrgrl wrote: »
    So I have memory of learning about graffiti being discovered in some prehistoric tomb in school. I remember it so clearly but can't find it in any google searches. It was something like "Micheal was here" written in traditional Irish script and was dated to several centuries back. Does anyone else remember this or am I completely off?

Newgrange if memory serves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

On a wall in Derry when the Supergrasses were being used.
    " I knew Raymond Gilmour. Thank fxxx he didn't know me"

Advertisement