Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wednesday

Options
  • 21-07-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Mac's Power is nearly five years without a win and not one for the mortgage, but he was competitive off much higher marks than this in the past and he's hinted at returning to form in a couple of runs lately, particularly two runs back when travelling strongly but being denied a run. Booking of Doyle is a plus and 20/1 with Lads is big 3.50 Ling. Waiting on a better price on one at Naas too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Mac's Power is nearly five years without a win and not one for the mortgage, but he was competitive off much higher marks than this in the past and he's hinted at returning to form in a couple of runs lately, particularly two runs back when travelling strongly but being denied a run. Booking of Doyle is a plus and 20/1 with Lads is big 3.50 Ling. Waiting on a better price on one at Naas too

Just backed Als Memory (2 Pts) in this has been competetive off this mark and C and D winner. Booking of Kirby looks a positive and I didnt think I would be getting 8s. Going to have a saver as well on yours now.

Really fancy two others tomorrow. In the last in sandown I have backed Rocket Rob> multiple C and D winner who has been running well over 6f lately which is not his trip. Think he has a great chance tomorrow and think the 12s available with laddies is decent value. 3 pts win

19 00 Nass I have backed Aye Aye Skipper 16/1. Has won over 6f off of 73 runs off 52 tomorrow. Beaten by Ucanchoose last run by 3,75l. 4lb swing and this guy is twice the price. 2pts win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Think The Wispe (4.10 Bath) may have bumped into a well handicapped horse lto and she makes obvious appeal off the same mark in the same grade tomorrow. She was well backed last time and that performance looked to be a step back in the right direction after a couple of sub standard efforts. Was beaten by the current fav in one of those poor runs but now has a 9lb turn around at the weights and must have a decent shout of turning that form around on these terms. Yard obviously do well with these types and should be adding to her sole career win sooner rather than later, all in all think 9/2 is very fair.
    3pts Win

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sdoc13 wrote: »
    19 00 Nass I have backed Aye Aye Skipper 16/1. Has won over 6f off of 73 runs off 52 tomorrow. Beaten by Ucanchoose last run by 3,75l. 4lb swing and this guy is twice the price. 2pts win
    Snap, this one has been on my tracker for an age and been garbage for so long. But last time out looked like it might come good soon. Very telling they waited to give it the same course and distance trip that it had last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

PP also 20/1 and paying 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

9:00 Leicester - Revision (16/1)

Got his mark from 3 runs lat year before a change of scenery helped trainer J R Best make a comeback of biblical proportions, so a mark of 53 could be very lenient with the run of form the trainer is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

One that takes my fancy at Leicester 5.45 is BOTINIST 14/1 if he can recapture his love of the track.
    Has won 3 times in his career all at Leicester the last of which was last july off a mark of 52 in a class 5. Drops down to class 6 and is on a mark of 50.
    1pt ew

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Strongly agree with Als Memory 3.50 ling.Have him in a patent with Temple Road 4.2o Ling and English Summer 7.55 Leic.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,624 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Regal Power 16-1 ew PP 8.05
    I like this for a place at least. Ran a decent race last time out, only
    losing by 4 lengths over this distance.
    With 4 to place it's good value I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

gazza1 wrote: »
    One that takes my fancy at Leicester 5.45 is BOTINIST 14/1 if he can recapture his love of the track.
    Has won 3 times in his career all at Leicester the last of which was last july off a mark of 52 in a class 5. Drops down to class 6 and is on a mark of 50.
    1pt ew

Wow. Well done. I wasn't on it, but well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

gazza1 wrote: »
    1pt ew

Fantastic pick
    Drifted to 16s
    Hope you had a haul on it

• Advertisement

Fantastic pick
    Drifted to 16s
    Hope you had a haul on it

Thanks
    Not as much as i should have but its always easy to say that after the race.
    I dont always get it right but its nice to contribute now and again. Some very knowledgable people on here and really enjoy reading all the comments
    gl to all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

1st 9 Regal Power 12/1
    2nd 5 Tagg's Island (IRE) 11/1
    3rd 7 Beechmount Whisper (IRE) 9/2 f
    4th 12 Brokopondo (IRE) 11/2

A big BOOM

Followed you on this one Toby

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

That's at least a couple of pints I owe you now. Great stuff again Toby. :)

Great shout. Would you believe i backed the runner up !! Im afraid to look at the forecast return. !!
    Well done enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭another36

Nice pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Fantastic Toby. Great save for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

What do you work at Toby? Have you considered setting up a tipping service?

Got his mark from 3 runs lat year before a change of scenery helped trainer J R Best make a comeback of biblical proportions, so a mark of 53 could be very lenient with the run of form the trainer is in.

U little beauty !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

another big BOOM

THANKS
    Backed into 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

This forum has just been wonderful today, i owe you all a pint! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

3 great price winners today fantastic picking
    Onto to tomorrow !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Thanks guys, was worried he'd hit the front too soon.
    Wd also to Toby & Gazza, wish I'd have put them all in a multiple bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Well balls onlky seen this thread now nice to see the bookies taking for a few bob

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

well done lads. as usual I backed the losing horses from today on the forum haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭shmeee

Flat out at work past few days, and only checked my tracker emails tonight.

FML

Well in, great shout :cool:

3ad737b94d24cbcf68996256d69cfb1e.png

Advertisement