Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good tablet in the black Friday deals?

Options
  • 18-11-2019 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone spotted a good deal on a tablet for the black Friday sale, ( preferably a 9 or ten inch screen) I've seen one or two Lenovo 10 inch table but reviews say it's a very slow one granted I am only gonna use it for YouTube, Google and Netflix nothing too major

Thanks

Edit I see I spelt the thread wrong ha my bad, hopefully a mod changes it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm keeping an eye on the Amazon fire tablet for my daughter. I'm looking at the 7inch screen but the 10inch one looks good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

only thing i found wrong with amazon tablets is that they are restricitve ( maybe good for children). Last years model no longer supports viber. They do not have google play store as standard, everything is trough Amazon. Thats why im looking for a budget 10" tablet but not amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am looking for a 10 inch. There is an Amazon Fire refurb for £99 but I already have the 7 inch & don't really want another fire.

Lidl have a Lenovo in their sale but it's not as cheap as online. A Huawei media mate would suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Hococop wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone spotted a good deal on a tablet for the black Friday sale, ( preferably a 9 or ten inch screen) I've seen one or two Lenovo 10 inch table but reviews say it's a very slow one granted I am only gonna use it for YouTube, Google and Netflix nothing too major

Thanks

Edit I see I spelt the thread wrong ha my bad, hopefully a mod changes it

Try the 10 inch lenovo in argos, great tablet, have one for about five years now, never let me down, might not be the fastest, but you can stream movies and live TV no bother if you have a middling Internet connection.
    They're usually at a great price, mine was only 119 euro when I bought it and the battery life is unreal.

the HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 in Currys looks decent at €170

• Advertisement

tippgod wrote: »
    the HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 in Currys looks decent at €170

Jesus the price doesn't :eek:
    £115 on Amazon

Discodog wrote: »
    Jesus the price doesn't :eek:
    £115 on Amazon

the 2gig +32 gig is £140.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Have a Fire HD8 for my daughter and I hate the operating system. should have held out for a Samsung Tab 3 kids

Have a Fire HD8 for my daughter and I hate the operating system. should have held out for a Samsung Tab 3 kids

I have to agree. I want pure Android.

Discodog wrote: »
    I have to agree. I want pure Android.

I also agree. they are cheap for black Friday but operating system is bad

• Advertisement

tippgod wrote: »
    I also agree. they are cheap for black Friday but operating system is bad

I have the 7 inch & I hate the way that you are bombarded by ads & a lot of Android apps won't work. Then there's the storage problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Try the 10 inch lenovo in argos, great tablet, have one for about five years now, never let me down, might not be the fastest, but you can stream movies and live TV no bother if you have a middling Internet connection.
    They're usually at a great price, mine was only 119 euro when I bought it and the battery life is unreal.

Thanks for all the answers lads
    Seen this one in electro city( is it a reliable site?)
    Lenovo E10 10.1" 16GB Wifi Tablet | Slate, it's €100

Hococop wrote: »
    Thanks for all the answers lads
    Seen this one in electro city( is it a reliable site?)
    Lenovo E10 10.1" 16GB Wifi Tablet | Slate, it's €100

That's the same one as in Lidl this weekend.

This looks like a super deal......until you read the reviews on Amazon

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-tab-m10-tb-x605f-101-32gb-wifi-slate-black-tablet-and-smart-dock-b-10620-delivered-at-ebuyer-express-ebay-3337259

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

the galaxy tab a 10.1 at €180 looks a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Just collected a Huawei T5 32gb 3gb ram from Currys. Worked out about 6 euro more than Amazon's Black Friday price €169

Advertisement