Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are people doing for the midterm break?

• 17-10-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Its nice to get the week off, a break from all things Covid. Does anybody have anything interesting planned? Please share:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I will be studying ten hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Working

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

No time off here,

You must be a student or in the public service.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Working

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭JizzBeans

Teacher actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Hiding under the bed from the covid monster

Working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

JizzBeans wrote: »
    Teacher actually

Most of us just have to get on with it and face facts .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Teacher actually

Nothing like getting paid to take 16 weeks holidays a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

In a lot of cases it's earned trust me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Teacher actually

You will be spending your week prepping for an additional week of online learning that will be announced on the Friday eve about 7pm.

Agreed, but whats that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Agreed, but whats that got to do with anything?

Most of us will be working

Jizzing in my pants and winding up insincere OPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Hiding from the neighbourhood’s feral children

eviltwin wrote: »
    Most of us will be working

That's all you had to say friend;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

You'd think while our teachers are in covid infested schools, dealing with kids and teens wearing masks all day and wearing masks themselves, and in some cases designing online curriculums because so many children are out and basically being the holders of the economy at the moment, that we would for once give them a ****ing break

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Probably staying within 5km of my house.

The tide is turning…

Multipass wrote: »

Oof, don't talk to me about feral children!:mad:

Anyhoo, I'm off as well for study reason and am planning on getting some hikes in if the weather holds, and being outside as much as possible because I've a feeling we've a long winter ahead.

• Advertisement

zanador wrote: »
    You'd think while our teachers are in covid infested schools, dealing with kids and teens wearing masks all day and wearing masks themselves, and in some cases designing online curriculums because so many children are out and basically being the holders of the economy at the moment, that we would for once give them a ****ing break

What a load of cobblers, the victim complex is in overdrive. Give up the delusion and climb down from the cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Multipass wrote: »

This and working. I don't even know when the midterm break is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

zanador wrote: »

Massive respect to the teachers but they aren’t the only ones working in difficult conditions through this. A lot of people having been doing it since March.

What a load of cobblers, the victim complex is in overdrive. Give up the delusion and climb down from the cross.

Isn't that what we are being told? Schools should stay open even at level 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Teacher actually

Do you wear your hair tied up, mini skirt, tights, heels and dangling your glasses on heavily lipsticked lips? Female or male that outfit will do

eviltwin wrote: »
    Massive respect to the teachers but they aren’t the only ones working in difficult conditions through this. A lot of people having been doing it since March.

I know, it is so hard for everyone and I shouldn't have been so harsh.

Factory workers etc are working in horrific conditions as are people living in direct provison and migrant workers.

It's just so boring listening to the teacher bashing, and they are dealing with and helping our children through this for nearly 8 hours a day and I think they deserve more respect than they were given in other posts. I'm an adult teacher and I didn't go back to work because I couldn't stand up and talk through my mask for 8 hours a day, in hot rooms whilst managing ADULT concerns and mask wearing and my own and all that. Let alone children and even worse teenagers. So yeah sorry for expressing it so harshly but not sorry for the opinion : D

Edgware wrote: »
    Do you wear your hair tied up, mini skirt, tights, heels and dangling your glasses on heavily lipsticked lips? Female or male that outfit will do

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Well now that I know its going to be midterm I guess I’ll be watching deadbeat disinterested ‘mothers’ usher their high risk carriers into shops to run about unchecked and touch everything while constantly screaming for attention whilst being ignored.

Maybe I should just shut all windows and buy a bottle of something from the top shelf and go to bed for the week.

Also some important stuff to get through. If neighbours kids ramp up again with indoor noise and screaming it WILL end up in the district court. Fun times ahead.

Whatever they are ‘teaching’ them at school it is not civic minded nor how to act quiet nor consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'll be working while the children are singing joyous songs. They will also be attending to my needs, bringing me tea, lunch and biscuits and doing all the housework cheerfully, while an array of woodland animals look on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I took 1 day off in 2017, and teachers think they have it hard lol.

Advertisement