Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Very strange. They're now claiming that I was to make a call, a text, and use data. This was never the case. It was receive a text, a call, or use data.

It's getting a bit fishy.
    Still no code- earlier one was actually for a Vodafone X 'experience'- my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Very strange. They're now claiming that I was to make a call, a text, and use data. This was never the case. It was receive a text, a call, or use data.

It's getting a bit fishy.
    Still no code- earlier one was actually for a Vodafone X 'experience'- my mistake.

You had to make a call or text, I assume this was to prove you spent €20 on the top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

According to Vodafone, and their Irish Based CS was very good, one possibility for not getting emails with the code was that when signing up people, like me, had selected no email promotion info in their contact preferences. The email with the code is regarded as a promotional email. The email code lasts just seven days and I found out on the 7th day. CS stayed with me to check that my code was still valid and it was. Many thanks to Sally and Jane at CS.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    According to Vodafone, and their Irish Based CS was very good, one possibility for not getting emails with the code was that when signing up people, like me, had selected no email promotion info in their contact preferences. The email with the code is regarded as a promotional email. The email code lasts just seven days and I found out on the 7th day. CS stayed with me to check that my code was still valid and it was. Many thanks to Sally and Jane at CS.
    All codes were sent by SMS though..?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    In my case, the social media CS was useless, I had Sally aswell on twitter, and she completely dismissed my claim saying that I was eligible, I was planning on submitting a formal complaint to Vodafone about it but I got the buds in the end thanks to the live chat team so I left it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Is this offer still valid?

If so does it include porting from 48?

Is this offer still valid?

If so does it include porting from 48?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sorry for the bump.

Is there any current deals going at the moment for porting? I can only something about an Amazon voucher when referring a friend, anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

This offer is back.

https://n.vodafone.ie/campus.html

Ends March 24th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

DopeTech wrote: »

Ordered...now the pain to get the code thru social media !

Dont see updated T&Cs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

Dont see updated T&Cs ?

mostly same stuff , and..

(i) Successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile, 48 and Tesco Mobile) without the purchase of a new handset, using the dedicated Campus Tour webpage link, between the dates of 22nd February 2021 and 15th March 2021 inclusive (the “Promotion Period”),

Says "Student exclusive" when you click into the offer.
    Wonder will they check the emails? :rolleyes:

go4it wrote: »

(i) Successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile, 48 and Tesco Mobile) without the purchase of a new handset, using the dedicated Campus Tour webpage link, between the dates of 22nd February 2021 and 15th March 2021 inclusive (the “Promotion Period”),

Ends today?

Yeah looks like it's impossible to get it done within the promotional period since you have to wait for the sim to arrive.

go4it wrote: »

Too late we are ! Anyways i wont risk 20 bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Sonya4u

Where do ye normally order your free spare sim cards from?

Sonya4u wrote: »
    Where do ye normally order your free spare sim cards from?

Eir

Eir

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't seem to find a free SIM, only one that I have to pay for. You dont happen to have a link? No problem if not!

• Advertisement

I don't believe you can get a free sim with Eir anymore.

I don't believe you can get a free sim with Eir anymore.

I thought it was just me that couldn't find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

To anyone who has done this before, were you able to register with your old number for a Vodafone account? I got an email saying I could login but I get an error. Do I just top up by 20 when I receive the SIM? Would prefer to do it all online.

JackCDSt wrote: »
    To anyone who has done this before, were you able to register with your old number for a Vodafone account? I got an email saying I could login but I get an error. Do I just top up by 20 when I receive the SIM? Would prefer to do it all online.

I got SIM today but looks like offer ended yesterday

I got SIM today but looks like offer ended yesterday

Updated terms:
    To get this offer, you will need to meet the following criteria:

a) Switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile, 48 and Tesco Mobile) between 22nd February 2021 and 24th March 2021.
    b) se your student email address in the checkout
    c) Top up by €20 in one go within 7 days.
    d) Actively use your phone to make calls, send texts and use data. You can view full terms here

Once you have completed these steps, we will send an email to your student email address within 14 days. This email will include a unique discount code and a link to the redemption page. Once ordered, your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered within 5 working days. This offer is available while stock lasts.

I requested a switch of number yesterday but I can't log in via the link they emailed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Sonya4u wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions, but I can't seem to find a free SIM, only one that I have to pay for. You dont happen to have a link? No problem if not!

Lycra give out free sims

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Updated terms:
    To get this offer, you will need to meet the following criteria:

a) Switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile, 48 and Tesco Mobile) between 22nd February 2021 and 24th March 2021.
    b) se your student email address in the checkout
    c) Top up by €20 in one go within 7 days.
    d) Actively use your phone to make calls, send texts and use data. You can view full terms here

Once you have completed these steps, we will send an email to your student email address within 14 days. This email will include a unique discount code and a link to the redemption page. Once ordered, your free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered within 5 working days. This offer is available while stock lasts.

I requested a switch of number yesterday but I can't log in via the link they emailed me.

When you click on the link to get a Sim, you get a warning you will need:

Proof of ID & Address
    You'll need the ID number of your driving license, passport or other valid European ID document in addition to proof of address

Bank Details
    You will need your IBAN and BIC (or your account number and sortcode)

"Free" Sims getting more expensive :rolleyes:

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Lycra give out free sims

Vodafone don't accept them.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    When you click on the link to get a Sim, you get a warning you will need:

Proof of ID & Address
    You'll need the ID number of your driving license, passport or other valid European ID document in addition to proof of address

Bank Details
    You will need your IBAN and BIC (or your account number and sortcode)

"Free" Sims getting more expensive :rolleyes:

Luckily enough I ordered one last time this offer popped up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Vodafone don't accept them.

Dam

Advertisement