Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Touch screen typing and predictive text.
    I was just registering online for a CPD course. I had to type my job description which includes the word Accounts in it. I had almost pressed Enter when I noticed I had left the 'o' out of Accounts. :eek:
    I was texting a girlfriend today who had a new baby recently. I was commenting on a photo she sent me that the baby was a little 'dote' except predictive text wanted to send 'little dope'. :eek: Again, lucky I checked before hitting Enter.

😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Porklife wrote: »
    Haha.. I can picture them going home like..had the craic today at Mickos NCT.

I may have put this here before but it really does annoy me and seems to happen so often lately, when people end a simple sentence with...'does that make sense?'
    I just had a zoom interview with a guy and towards the end he said 'we have more interviews tomorrow so won't be making a decision until early next week.. does that make sense?'. I felt like saying no it doesn't, I don't understand the concept of time, will that be an issue in this role?

On a side note, I always think of the most inappropriate things during an interview like when they ask so, what are your weaknesses? I immediately think 'redheads - they just really do it for me' :p

There was a lecturer in DIT back in the day, a structural engineer, lovely guy but he ended every single sentence with 'does that make sense?' in his odd posh cork accent. We got endless jokes out of it.

TA today is my doctors ****ing up my repeat prescription for the second time in a row. I ordered with plenty of time just in case it happened again. It's 2 things, it shouldn't be so hard to get them right. It's literally your job. Thank christ we don't have to pay up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My sisters car is gone to hospital and I now have the choice of driving her to work and she’s in work for 6:30 and she lives an hour away from me, A very early morning for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

No biscuits in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

PsychoPete wrote: »
    People who are out in public, get a phonecall then decide to put it on loudspeaker, hold the phone out in front of them and have a conversation while they walk

WHY!

I was out for a walk in our local woods with the kids on Sunday. Letting them run around among the trees off the beaten track. We come across this woman making a call ON SPEAKERPHONE in the middle of the woods. She starts talking louder, and she’s looking at my kids as if to say “how dare you interrupt the very public private phonecall I’m broadcasting to the entire forest”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My cat.

There's a full bowl of cat food in the kitchen. She comes in the cat flap, and goes over to it. Looks at it. Looks up at me. Looks at the bowl of food. Looks back up at me. Meows. Walks over to me, brushes around my legs, back over to the bowl, looks at it, looks up at me. Meows.

I have to go over and touch the bowl before she'll dive in and eat it. The food is sitting right there in front of her, but she insists that I "serve" it to her.

Our cat behaves oddly like that.

There's a full bowl of dry cat food in the corner of the kitchen. Just beside it is the door to the utility room where a plastic bucket of the same food resides - with a scooper in it to replenish her bowl. She often ignores the bowl and stands on her hind legs to knock the lid off and eat directly from the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

All the recent sports interviews and the person being interviewed answers every fcukin question with a “well sure look” starting the sentence.
    Or else sure look.

Does my fcukin head in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Driving along and come up to a junction and car approaching junction doesn't slow down steadily - looks like they will go into you path if they continue at their current speed.

Of course they jam on just to stop before going into path but seriously ****ty driving :mad:

My cat.

There's a full bowl of cat food in the kitchen. She comes in the cat flap, and goes over to it. Looks at it. Looks up at me. Looks at the bowl of food. Looks back up at me. Meows. Walks over to me, brushes around my legs, back over to the bowl, looks at it, looks up at me. Meows.

I have to go over and touch the bowl before she'll dive in and eat it. The food is sitting right there in front of her, but she insists that I "serve" it to her.

I have to pat mine on top of the head at top of the stairs before she comes down with me in the morning to get fed.

She is smart though as she doesn't look to get patted when I have my hands full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mimon wrote: »
    I have to pat mine on top of the head at top of the stairs before she comes down with me in the morning to get fed.

She is smart though as she doesn't look to get patted when I have my hands full.

That's gas :)

My cats would starve waiting for that kind of treatment. There's so many, if they don't eat fast they don't eat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Pet peeve here as well (see what I did there?).

My dog is too smart for his own good. He knows when it's dinner time - - literally the same time every night he knows it's time to be fed, because he goes to his dinner bowl and cries for his food. I think he also knows when it's time for me and the missus to sit down and watch films for the evening, because that's when he's at his most needy. He gets up and walks around the sitting room and kitchen, whines and moans at the back door to be let out for a p1ss, takes about 10 minutes to come back inside. He moans for a biscuit when he comes inside, and he moans to come up to the couch.

We think we have it all sorted out then, so lately we've been ahead of ourselves, making sure he's fed, watered, let out for the toilet (both numbers), left in for his treat, and then we sit down to watch something.............it's THEN when he gets back up and starts moaning and whining -- that's what annoys the hell out of me, then he just knows he's being a pain in my hole, because when I let him outside, he goes out, sniffs a weed, then walks back in. Little shíte lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Found another TA.

I typed a question into Google (needed a fix for something on my computer), found a thread headed by someone asking the same question, 40 replies.

All 40 replies are nothing but people basically saying "same issue here!", "same problem", "I have the same problem", "Me too, any word on a fix?"

Thanks for nothing, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ Try YouTube, found a video on it that sorted my printer problem :)

My TA is I can’t sleep

Autosport wrote: »

My TA is I can’t sleep

Ah it was a software issue, I got it in the end with no help from anyone. Sometimes the internet is completely useless :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was out for a walk in our local woods with the kids on Sunday. Letting them run around among the trees off the beaten track. We come across this woman making a call ON SPEAKERPHONE in the middle of the woods. She starts talking louder, and she’s looking at my kids as if to say “how dare you interrupt the very public private phonecall I’m broadcasting to the entire forest”.

I would have immediately hyped the kids further so that they were screaming all around her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Blunt knives in a kitchen and can openers that sit in a drawer all year taking up space and when you ask the useless fcukers to actually open a can they don’t work.

I bought a whet stone a while ago for sharpening knives. It looks really slick and I excitedly started watching YouTube videos on how to use it.
    Seems simple enough so I gather all my blunt knifes and sit down with my whet stone feeling like Gordon Ramsay. I point my biggest blade the wrong way up on the stone and almost slice my torso in half.
    The whet stone now lives in the drawer beside all my blunt useless utensils.

TA I'm really hungry but really nauseous rolled into it. I want food but everything is making me feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Waking up with blocked sinuses causing tension headache which is causing nausea.

Craving for cheapy shop fairy cakes with diabetes inducing icing on the top.

Gender reveal parties.

Autosport wrote: »

My TA is I can’t sleep

Was tired in the afternoon the other day so had a coffee at 2:30pm. Was wide awake until 2am then because of the coffee and twice as tired the next day.

TA'd at myself as I knew this was likely to happen but still drank the coffee :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that I can have a cup of coffee with 4 spoons of millicano in it and I'm still tired.

• Advertisement

:D Fecking self obsessed nutter.

Reminds me of a lad at my work and generally he doesn't have much to do. Just the nature of his roll but when he gets a job to do over the phone he has to broadcast it really loudly to the office and makes himself seem very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm in a queue for a coffee now. A little coffee trailer with one lad working and he's slow enough at the best of times but support local and the coffee is good.

3 people in front of me so it'll be a 5 minute wait....until no, hold that. The guy 2 in front has just spotted someone he knows coming up the path to join the 4 people behind me. "What are you having, I'll get these"....another 3 coffees on top of his order so now it's a 10 minute wait.

I'm not sure who is the bigger prick...him for ordering or the daft bint for not saying "no it's fine because there are a few people ahead of me and I'm basically jumping the queue"

Yeah they're both pricks.

I have to go to the mother-in-law's house today and I am just NOT. IN. THE. MOOD. But if I don't go it'll be a 1 hour-long argument on how I'm doing nothing at home anyway (exactly...). It's easier for me to just go, so I'm going, but I'm being a child and I'm bringing my Nintendo because all this family do is whine about other people not in their lives, and how "ridiculous" something is. I'd rather play Mario, honestly...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Porklife wrote: »

TA I'm really hungry but really nauseous rolled into it. I want food but everything is making me feel sick.

Toast! Every hospital in the world can't be wrong :D

My cat came home with a new friend last week, another cat. I thought the cat would wander off again but no and now I think this was her plan all along when she strayed in last year. She strayed in, knew I'd take her in and as soon as she knew she'd a long term home she tells her friends and now they are starting to show up at the door. The crafty little divil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm listening to my fake neighbour at the door with someone admitting she went to the UK for Christmas. I saw her coming and going, no sign of quarantine whatsoever. No wonder cases were so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your parents are friendly with people and they expect you to also find their children lovely to.(If that makes sense)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PsychoPete wrote: »
    My cat came home with a new friend last week, another cat. I thought the cat would wander off again but no and now I think this was her plan all along when she strayed in last year. She strayed in, knew I'd take her in and as soon as she knew she'd a long term home she tells her friends and now they are starting to show up at the door. The crafty little divil
    My first dog did the same, he brought his wife home, she was a stray (had obviously been abandoned and we obviously adopted her - very much a high maintenance arm candy for him). She outlived husband and children.

My last cat would say "Mrrr?" every time he saw a young black cat through the kitchen sliding door, and would growl at everyone else. She wasn't looked after very well at all, she was sick and malnourished and quite fierce. He died last summer, she's now asleep on my bed, she's very affectionate with me and purrs and kneads like mad. I didn't steal her, she chose to move in, I only fed her and the other scrawny cats in the neighbourhood and treated them kindly. I can't say I'm unhappy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Babies wearing old man flat caps.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    My first dog did the same, he brought his wife home, she was a stray (obviously adopted and very much a high maintenance arm candy for him). She outlived husband and children.

My last cat would say "Mrrr?" every time he saw a young black cat through the kitchen sliding door, and would growl at everyone else. She wasn't looked after very well at all, she was sick and malnourished and quite fierce. He died last summer, she's now asleep on my bed, she's very affectionate with me and purrs and kneads like mad. I didn't steal her, she chose to move in, I only fed her and the other scrawny cats in the neighbourhood and treated them kindly. I can't say I'm unhappy!

To be honest if 30 cats turned up at my door I'd want to keep them all. I have a habit of wanting to pet any animal I see

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement