Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's is the best game show we have/ have had?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    No mention of Play your Cards Right with Brucie?  Classic show!

Definitely a good game, good game (show). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You Bet was awesome. Every week had something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I love all of the above shows but for a different reason. A family member had a massive stroke 10 years ago. loss of use on left side of body and seriously affected memory/brain.
    Researched all i could at the time and the one thing that stood out was to have them watch gameshows and quiz shows and if anyone remembers the "brain trainer" on the nintendo hand held thing.
    Painful in the beginning. Watch who wants to be a millionaire on one channel,then watch it on plus 1 to see if any reaction differently to first time. Sometimes the answer would be correct second time round and would state "how could someone be so stupid not to know that!" but then some of the answers they had only heard an hour before would be forgotten.
    Not to bore you but all those game show quiz shows became a big/important part of our world! Some of the older ones are gas also looking at the haircuts/style/prize amounts..
    And if any of ye want a pub quiz contestant or a phone a friend, thank God I can reccomend a family member to you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Sporting Triangles
    Know Your Sport
    Telly Addicts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yeah, I liked Blockbusters back in my teenage years. Did you know that Bob Holness was one of the people to play James Bond? It was a South African radio adaptation of Moonraker, in 1956.

And he definitely didnt play the sax in baker st!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

invicta wrote: »
    Anyone remember sale of the century, with Nicolas Parsons?
    He's still doing Just A Minute :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006s5dp/episodes/player

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jim Bowen of Bullseye has died. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Jim Bowen of Bullseye has died. :(

Bus fare home. What a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Crystal Maze.
    Catchphrase.
    The Weakest Link.
    Eggheads.