Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

@ Antares35 Maybe Edit. After "my best friend..." Too many looking for things that aint there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

^^^
    Part poodle then. What's Cava?

I want to say its something to do with coffee and chocolate. But ill go with a king charles spaniel or terrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

@ Antares35 Maybe Edit. After "my best friend..." Too many looking for things that aint there :D

I'm not sure what this means!

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what this means!

In your post you say (between the brackets) that your best friend is a dog - that's how it read to me :)

Text from someone I know who is getting a dog. When I asked what kind, they replied oh it's a cavapoo but we aren't getting it until November because it has to stay with its mother for six weeks.

Multiple TAs including the assigning of a breed name to a mongrel (and there's nothing wrong with mongrels, my best friend is one but just call it what it is and stop inventing breed names). Also TA taking a puppy from its mother at six weeks, and TA thinking about the shelter dog who is still waiting for a home because people still buy instead of adopting :(

Oh and TA I'm a passive aggressive so instead of telling her how I feel about it, I reply "oh that's lovely, congratulations" then post about it on Boards :D

If you really want to make an impression with your friend over her dog! Just keep referring to her dog as a mongrel, ie. Where did you get that mongrel from? Did your mongrel get his injections yet, etc. See if your friend is impressed with her cavapoo then. Just a thought

• Advertisement

In your post you say (between the brackets) that your best friend is a dog - that's how it read to me :)

Oh but she is! Well I mean,I consider my dog to be my best mate. Doesn't answer back, toilet trained, always happy to see me etc :D

Oh but she is! Well I mean,I consider my dog to be my best mate. Doesn't answer back, toilet trained, always happy to see me etc :D

In that case apologies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

^^^ Part poodle then. What's Cava?

Kylta wrote:
    I want to say its something to do with coffee and chocolate. But ill go with a king charles spaniel or terrier.

King Charles Cavalier.

6 weeks is way too young to be taking puppy from mother.

Has a staff got pig dna in its genes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sticky nail varnish.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Loud noises, or not so loud noises is a confusing TA.

Did my sweeping brush just hit the deck in the kitchen, or was it a banger from outside 50
    or a hundred yards away. That is, was it a not so loud noise close by, or a louder one from
    far away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I got my flu jab today. No problem. Except the , very pretty, lady health professional who gave it to me is one I have met a few times. TA is I only cop on it’s her about 5 mins later . Doh !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bill Bryson says he's retiring :(

New Home wrote: »
    If they're a refill, you can use the old pump. You can also transfer the soap into an empty pump dispenser. There are no set rules.
    The Aldi ones fit other Aldi bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have a dose of the Goldilocks here

Winter duvet is too warm.

Summer one is too light.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Summer one and fluffy jammies?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Screws left over after putting IKEA wardrobe together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When you are watching a series.and suddenly they change things .

Like your one changed her flat and it wasnt mentioned.And another character had a child,but then left her husband.No mention of the baby.

It just wrecks my head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    When you are watching a series.and suddenly they change things .

Like your one changed her flat and it wasnt mentioned.And another character had a child,but then left her husband.No mention of the baby.

It just wrecks my head.

I'm still wondering what happened to Laura Holt's black kitty!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Asking every day, what day is it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Talking about the soaps, roll up and see the amazing vanishing babies and pensioners! They'll disappear before your very eyes!

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    King Charles Cavalier.

6 weeks is way too young to be taking puppy from mother.
    Should stay with Mam for 3 months minimum or else the pup will suffer seperation-anxiety and will probably cry and whine all night.
    The sellers don't give a frick once they have got the cash in their claw.

Dare I ask what exorbitant figure the friend is paying for her designer pooch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Talking about the soaps, roll up and see the amazing vanishing babies and pensioners! They'll disappear before your very eyes!

And all houses are the Tardis.Your Aunt and her brood of 10 kids pop up and theres room for them.Even if you have a large family yourself.Slaters from EE spring to mind.

dubstarr wrote: »
    And all houses are the Tardis.Your Aunt and her brood of 10 kids pop up and theres room for them.Even if you have a large family yourself.Slaters from EE spring to mind.
    and despite them being crappy build terrace and Semi-Ds, you can have blazing arguments, even literally murder someone and your next-door neighbours won't hear a thing.

Also it is funny that the two main staples of soap operas, illicit kissing and punch-up or a hair pulling cat-fight are off-limits now.
    It can be hilarious watching how the writers try to get round it.
    One girl in Emmerdale threw a tin of beans at another girl's head instead of the usual hair yanking match.
    Tough guy characters trying to intimidate each other while maintaing a sensible 2 metre gap at all times ;)

Also loving married couples who don't go anywhere near each other now. It has all got a bit stupid really.
    Maybe Beckett style monologues are the way to go: one character appearing per episode (but then they would have to be able to act, wouldn't they ;) )

deise08 wrote: »
    When someone in the back of the car opens the window and you get that strobe light equivalent of sound.
    Totally banjaxes my ears.
    Or somebody in front opens their window and you, in the back seat, suddenly find yourself in a wind tunnel :mad:

Bonus TA ponts if they are smoking and you get blasted with a carcinogenic smog.

It used to annoy me in Frasier that his son Freddie was hardly ever mentioned. All of the women he went out with, he never told any of them he had a son.

Freddie only visited about three or four times down through the years iirc and Frasier never went to visit him, would hardly even ring him on the phone.
    Was everyone's favourite psychiatrist nothing but a dead-beat dad :eek:

Should stay with Mam for 3 months minimum or else the pup will suffer seperation-anxiety and will probably cry and whine all night.
    The sellers don't give a frick once they have got the cash in their claw.

Dare I ask what exorbitant figure the friend is paying for her designer pooch?

I didn't even ask to be honest but no doubt it would be enough to feed a shelter dog for a year or neuter 7 or 8 strays. Buyers are just as bad as the sellers IMO, if there was no demand there'd be no supply.

TA mentioned to my mother that I've all my Christmas shopping done. I did it all online, tried to support Irish where I could, and in fairness with the little one this year and heading back to work in January I just don't feel like being part of the panic buying and would rather have it done and forgotten. I even got her something nice.

And her answer was, "yeah you're real cute getting in and getting yours done early aren't you". I felt like saying well fúck you just because I don't go to Penney's on the 23rd December and panic buy fluffy socks for everyone. She just sits there complaining that she "isn't used to online shopping" and asking me to write a list of gift ideas for myself because she's only known me 37 years and doesn't know anything I like. Oh and can I order them for her with my card and then still be surprised when I open them.

The sad thing is a five euro gift that shows she knows anything about me would mean the world. God, I don't even want anything :(

How long does it take to make a few coffees. For Jaysus sake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Snobs - generally speaking anyway but reminded because of the dog story.

A work colleague had a new dog, a “Maltichipomssel” It’s a Maltese-Chihauha-Pomeranian-Jack Russell cross.

That’s a mongrel, sorry!!!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Ah ffs BIG TA!!!!

New iPhone and I made a mistake and sign I with my work email and not my own one and know it’s stuck mid set up in “ company profile” and I can’t go back, forward or reset it!!

Think I’ve ruined the phone!!

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Snobs - generally speaking anyway but reminded because of the dog story.

A work colleague had a new dog, a “Maltichipomssel” It’s a Maltese-Chihauha-Pomeranian-Jack Russell cross.

That’s a mongrel, sorry!!!.
    Mongerel yes, but you could easily pay over 2 grand for one of these ill-tempered little fashion accessories in the current climate :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement