Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-10-2020, 15:43   #16
Pkiernan

By the way, its a good thing the way you are approaching this.
Eyes open, and willing to walk away if it makes sense to.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-10-2020, 15:43   #17
Dolbhad

Thanks for all the advice. Going to look into insurance just in case and waiting to talk to my solicitor.

Such a dose as nothing really else on the market at the moment that we can afford like this house as kept being out bidded
05-10-2020, 16:20   #18
Danzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolbhad View Post
We didn’t expect the issue of possible subsidence. It’s not in an area that’s known for it. We have just got the initial survey and engineer had flagged it - he’s not so sure it’s settlement cracks. He recommended drains testing which we will organise at at expensive of €350 to see if it sheds more light. We are hoping maybe only drains works need to be carried out and house doesn't need to be underpinned.

I don’t expect to get insurance. To be honest most of Cork you can’t get subsidence cover at all. If it wasn’t for the fact the house ticks all the boxes I would have walked at the mention of subsidence but willing to investigate further to see what the situation is.

We either decide to buy and get the price reduced or see if sellers have insurance and can claim for the works or walk. We have not mentioned anything yet as we had to think about what we wanted to do.
The part of Cork city I have the house, they nearky investigate why their isn't subsidence.
05-10-2020, 19:59   #19
Dolbhad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzy View Post
The part of Cork city I have the house, they nearky investigate why their isn't subsidence.

That’s so true. Once you hit the south side of city it’s more a case of houses that have been underpinned vs houses that need to be underpinned

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion