Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedgehog in our garden - few questions.

• 27-06-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    Noticed a hedgehog in our garden the last week or 2.
    He does be flying around furaging and even comes up to the back door occasionally.
    But- he has been asleep in a ball at the end of the garden for just over 24 hours at this stage. I thought he was dead this morning so gently rubbed him with a leaf and the spikes came up and he kind of winced.
    So I thought he’s just having a big sleep.
    Anyway unbelievably he is still there this eve so just went out to him now again thinking the worst and same thing again.
    Is there something I should/could do??
    He didn’t appear to be sick or anything was quite content but am a bit concerned now for him.
    Marty.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Give Bev from The Hogsprickle hedgehog rescue a shout. She'll be able to advise, and if necessary, to arrange for your hog to get the care he may need if he's sick or injured.
    http://thehogsprickle.weebly.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

If you want to leave out some water not milk. They cant drink milk. They like catfood if you think he is hungry or mealworms if you have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

DBB wrote: »
    Give Bev from The Hogsprickle hedgehog rescue a shout. She'll be able to advise, and if necessary, to arrange for your hog to get the care he may need if he's sick or injured.
    http://thehogsprickle.weebly.com/

Contacted Bev and after some over and back she put me in touch with a local animal rescue lady who has now taken in the little fellow. Thanks for putting me in touch.
    She hopes he is just dehydrated- I’ll report back.
    Thank you.
    Marty.

Advertisement