Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New charger locations (notification only, no discussion see #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

zg3409 wrote: »
    New 43kW DC charger on Bolton square Drogheda town in place of old 22kW unit. Active on esb app now. I updated plugshare app with same info. 6kW AC it says.

Copied from eCars thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭zg3409

Easygo list
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058018796
    I see easygo have added more 22kW chargers at a HSE site in Athy.
    New 50kW charger charger coming online on Monday in Edgeworthstown, Co Longford, on main street next to post office, off the main N4 Dublin to Sligo road.

I added it to plugshare app, its shown on easygo app

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There are 4 7kw slow chargers - not listed on any EV charge map anywhere I can see - in the Athlone Town Centre/Sheraton Hotel basement car park, free to use, parking charges apply €2 for up to three hours or €3 all day. Need eCars card to use.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    There are 4 7kw slow chargers - not listed on any EV charge map anywhere I can see - in the Athlone Town Centre/Sheraton Hotel basement car park, free to use, parking charges apply €2 for up to three hours or €3 all day. Need eCars card to use.
    There are chargers listed on plugshare app

https://www.plugshare.com/location/196311
    They don't seem to need any card to activate and are labelled ABL? Row 17 level A

Free to park if staying at hotel overnight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

10 x 22kW AC Chargers at Decathlon Ballymun

Bunch of new chargers going into the Decathlon Store in Ballymun. Confirmed to be free to use for customers.

It's 10 of them, all 22kW AC and free to use. Should be available as soon as Decathlon opens.

Easy go supplied but you must call into the store to get a fob from staff to activate the chargers.

Mod Note: This post was combined from a few posters, and then broken out into a thread for discussion. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058086760

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The eCars charger at Union Place in Sligo has been upgraded to a 44kW+6kWAC charger

Mod Note: Moved "discussion" to the correct thread

I've updated Cavan/Kells/Drogheda/Sligo on goingelectric.de this means they should now appear on abetterrouteplanner.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

New 50Kw DC charger went live at River Lee Hotel Cork today

First 150kW ESB charger is installed at Galway plaza and in use. Says 150kW CCS 70kW Chademo, free for next few weeks. Must have gone in today. Photos on.plugshare app,

• Advertisement

150kW ESB charger installed at services at kilcullen, Co kildare and up and running. Free to use for the next few weeks like the one at Galway Plaza.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3226241484080800&id=159063610798618&anchor_composer=false

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Bolton Street car park in Waterford is getting an "upgrade" to a 44kW charge point. (2-6kW AC) (live as of 16/07 on eCars map)

zg3409 you spotted on plugshare that the current charger is gone, but ecars map says there's a 44kW charge point unavailable at the moment there.

Similar story with Gordon place Car park in Clonmel. Latest report was it's a type2, Ecars says a 44kW DC is unavailable at the moment.

Bolton Street car park in Waterford is getting an "upgrade" to a 44kW charge point. (2-6kW AC) (live as of 16/07 on eCars map)

zg3409 you spotted on plugshare that the current charger is gone, but ecars map says there's a 44kW charge point unavailable at the moment there.

Similar story with Gordon place Car park in Clonmel. Latest report was it's a type2, Ecars says a 44kW DC is unavailable at the moment.

Both live and officially open now. Photos on plugshare app

Ionity - Kill North now open 4x 150/350kW CCS chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 outlyer

44 kW unit is operational at the Ramparts, Dundalk according to the ecars website

• Registered Users Posts: 48 elektrik

Noticed yesterday in Greystones Marina Village a dual ABL charger on a public parking (down near the beach), didn't try it as battery was at 70% but it's not listed in PlugShare app so it may be just for residents with a special RFID?

Do any of the EV owners here know about it? would be handy to charge while there as Greystones has ZERO public chargers...

Mod Note: No discussion on this thread, use other threads to discuss chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

By chance I came across a new ESB charger while looking at the ESB app this evening. Tesco Dodsboro (the old Tesco in Lucan). I guess it is part of the major deal Tesco and ESB have made, they replaced the ones in the new Tesco in Lucan (Liffey Valley) a few days ago too

Was in there, and had to go to a customer about 100m away from there too, so got nearly 55kWh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 outlyer

150kW Delta charger (CCS and Chademo) at the Portlaoise Plaza, Exit 17, M7
    Also 50kW Efacec unit (CCS, Chademo and AC)

(150kW charger currently restricted to 50kW total pending site upgrade 04/08)

St Candices Car park in Kilkenny is now a 44kW DC and stone age AC speed charge point. Upgraded from 2X22kW unit

Heuston station now has 2 pillars so 4 cars can charge at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Tesco Bettystown now has the ESB charger setup and working.

Tesco Edenderry was added overnight, while main street dundrum has disappeared off the map.

Tesco Maynooth, Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland has been added.
    2 X 22kW AC points, 1 unit.

This seems to be in addition to the existing 2 X 22kW AC points at Tesco Maynooth already.
    Tesco Maynooth, Carton Park, Dublin Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    &
    Tesco Maynooth, Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland

Tesco Greystones is online now. 2 X 22kW AC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

About a year ago I was down at Hook Head lighthouse. There was a new 2X22 AC unit in the car park, but it was wrapped in black plastic. According to the map, this has never gone live. I wonder why not. Surely they wouldn't have just installed the unit without some idea about the power supply for it.

Tesco naas and Tesco Mullingar are both online now.

Ionity kill south showing as active on the app although a boards.ie user reported site was blocked off at 3pm today.

Tesco arklow and Tesco tullow are online now.
    22kaW AC units.

Tesco Ballybeg is live now.

Type 2, 22kW AC
    Added to plugshare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭daddy_boy

Tesco New Ross
    Type 2 22kW AC

Advertisement