Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ashes 2019

• 01-08-2019 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

S5riYl2.png

Is start soon. I think England should win first test. Sam Curren is not pick which could be mistake. What is boards think of this series?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,773 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Set up fantastically. England have a settled team and indeed squad. There is consistency and balance from 1-11. Experience and a sprinkling of youth throughout the team too and home advantage will be important. Also the ‘bounce’ post the victory in the shorter format isn’t to be underestimated.

Australia have match winning players who in a couple of sessions if allowed can and will take a game or result out of your hands. If that positivity and aggression can be properly harnessed and they can get momentum they will be difficult to beat.

I’m going for England, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

warner should be out

Australia should be one down after one over. Anderson convinced there was a bottom edge but no backup from captain or colleagues. It goes upstairs and clear as day it’s out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Strumms wrote: »
    Australia should be one down after one over. Anderson convinced there was a bottom edge but no backup from captain or colleagues. It goes upstairs and clear as day it’s out.

Bairstow was pretty vociferous in his appeal to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Bairstow you mean? I thought he could have been more insistent, but yeah tough one to take early on.

I don’t like the names and numbers on the back of the shirts.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go, gonna make no attempt to call it.

LBW review incoming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

and now a wasted review

Conchir wrote: »
    Bairstow you mean? I thought he could have been more insistent, but yeah tough one to take early on.

I don’t like the names and numbers on the back of the shirts.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go, gonna make no attempt to call it.

LBW review incoming!

Sorry Bairstow yeah. Not liking the numbers too looks tacky and pointless.

Two bad reviews, the catch that should have been reviewed but wasn’t then the lbw that WAS and was going six inches over the stumps.

WICKET !!!

Jesus, Warner now doesn’t review but if he had it would have saved him.

And Warner should have reviewed that one! What a terrible start in terms of reviews, from both teams.

Khawaja and Bancroft need to settle in now, however I can’t wait to see Smith batting in a test again.

Is possible to listen to the test match special in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Great catch, that was dying on him.. excellent start for England, consistent line and length bowling, giving Australia nothing handy 17-2. Atmosphere building.

Bancroft gone, I get to see Smith now! Unsurprisingly, Smith, Warner and Bancroft getting similar treatment from the crowd.

I listened to it a couple of times for the 17/18 series, but it took some searching online. I think I just googled your question and found older forum mentions of it which had some links and explanations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I just went on the BBC cricket page, and there was a listen overseas link. Works for me.

Broad is looking so dangerous this morning.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I just went on the BBC cricket page, and there was a listen overseas link. Works for me.

Perfect, thanks so much.

https://youtu.be/d2hEfqfvRq0

Test Match Special ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Still England's morning but they've let the Aussies off the hook here. Some rank average from England in the second hour. Stokes looks like he's bowling with a blindfold on.

Anderson off for scan for a possible calf injury.

Still England's morning but they've let the Aussies off the hook here. Some rank average from England in the second hour. Stokes looks like he's bowling with a blindfold on.

Yes, too many deliveries that the Aussies didn’t need to play at in the second half of the session. A lot of leg stump or wider deliveries the other side.

Saved by an inch. In real time that looked 100% gone.

• Advertisement

Saved by an inch. In real time that looked 100% gone.

Probably because he moves so far across his crease. Smith knew exactly where his off stump was.

Very important time in the match here. It's one of those days where every ball that gets bowled, you feel a wicket could be taken off it.

The Aussie batting lineup is barely any better than Ireland's bar Smith.

England’s bowlers looking lethal here, it’ll be very interesting to see the Aussie quicks.

England should be aiming for 300+

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The Aussie batting lineup is barely any better than Ireland's bar Smith.
    Lol!

Starting to feel like the English bowlers are a bit tired. Not causing too many issues for this tail ender, could do with just focusing on line and length, too many deliveries too short, too wide, too leg side...the corridor of uncertainty isn’t being found regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Steve Smith is just an incredible player. the term 'Captain's Innings' can be bandied about easily, but this has been the definition.

C’mon now Smith, 1 more run for what would be an amazing 100 in these conditions. That six off Ali was a great shot

SlickRic wrote: »
    Steve Smith is just an incredible player. the term 'Captain's Innings' can be bandied about easily, but this has been the definition.

Former captain :D great drive to bring it up.

Well done Steve Smith.

• Advertisement

That was a poor review, didn’t look close in real time.

Advertisement