Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

According to Jurgen Stackmann on twitter, 10,000 registrations in 24 hours across Europe.

You would have to think that that's the big rush over and registrations will be slow from now on. It's a long way off 30,000.

Porsche have managed 40,000 on the Taycan mostly Tesla owners. 30,000 on a golfish should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Irishjg - I placed my order through Tom Murphy Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

Scudodave - Joe Duffy Airside.

Hope it lives up to all our expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Matqo

Put my reservation down yesterday @ Frank Keane Liffey Valley, been considering Tesla Model 3 since it was announced however not at near 50k for base model. VW ID looks pretty promising, really hoping Max trim will be an option for us here in Ireland!

Can't be many of the 200 left? Surprised the 30,000 aren't gone yet.

• Advertisement

I think it's funny that the ID has 170 hp and Leaf 64 will have 215 Hp.

I'm sure though the handling of the ID will be a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think it's funny that the ID has 170 hp and Leaf 64 will have 215 Hp.

I'm sure though the handling of the ID will be a lot better.

Did they confirm the HP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I didn’t see any HP figures but I remember VW saying the entry model would have lower power to longer range models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

KCross wrote: »
    I didn’t see any HP figures but I remember VW saying the entry model would have lower power to longer range models.

Saw 128kW for mid range in a screenshot

Table-FINAL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Saw 128kW for mid range

This was the quote....

“Each of the three battery capacities will be paired with e-motors offering different power outputs. Christian Senger, VW’s Head of Product Line for E-Mobility, told Auto Express last year: “The entry-level car will have a WLTP range of 330km (205 miles), and it will also have more limited performance. If people want a faster car then I don’t want them coming back after three months telling me that it’s fast but that the range is too short. So if you want a fast car, you’ll need a bigger battery - simple.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

This was the quote....

“Each of the three battery capacities will be paired with e-motors offering different power outputs. Christian Senger, VW’s Head of Product Line for E-Mobility, told Auto Express last year: “The entry-level car will have a WLTP range of 330km (205 miles), and it will also have more limited performance. If people want a faster car then I don’t want them coming back after three months telling me that it’s fast but that the range is too short. So if you want a fast car, you’ll need a bigger battery - simple.”

Not too cool

Will have to get the most expensive one to match Leaf62 performance then

To be expected I suppose, Tesla do the same

They said that in South Africa....I need to watch again but I thought it was 200+ and 180 when they said 2 battery models

I read somewhere this launch model will be a performance model. Didn't mention specs but I'd assume bigger brakes (red capilers?) Spoiler and a few other body mods and a lunatic button.

I read somewhere this launch model will be a performance model. Didn't mention specs but I'd assume bigger brakes (red capilers?) Spoiler and a few other body mods and a lunatic button.

The eGolf has huge performance and my one is just 115bhp.....sticking 170bhp and rear wheel drive should make it a excellent car

The eGolf issue is performance over 80km is restricted, that’s why it’s a perfect city car

Even my wife was in last night, she is not a car person, just came out and said you forget how much fun it is driving the eGolf around town

• Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stupid question here, has everyone who posted on here left 1k down at these dealers?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Stupid question here, has everyone who posted on here left 1k down at these dealers?

What you mean? You do the reservation online, you just pick which dealer you want to use

The dealers I don’t think know yet how many people have picked them

OK, but does it require the deposit paid online now?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

OK, but does it require the deposit paid online now?

If you want a Reservation, yes.

Refundable up until April. Only 200 for Ireland and over 100 went day one can't be many left.

Refundable up until April. Only 200 for Ireland and over 100 went day one can't be many left.

Refundable up untill order. If you place the order then you get your reservation fee back and you have ordered the car. The reservation fee does not go against the deposit of the car

That was my reading? could be wrong?

• Advertisement

Ahh right was wondering seemed a bit to easy, deposit is gone once you order in September.

Isn't this the car that VW said would have its own network of chargers?

If so, when are they being installed countrywide?

Isn't this the car that VW said would have its own network of chargers?

If so, when are they being installed countrywide?

https://ionity.eu/

https://ionity.eu/en/where-and-how.html

One up and running, one been built, we have more than the UK running....YES :-)

They have signed up with Tesco UK, 600 stores to get chargers. I wonder would Ireland fall into this? I must ask

The charging bays will be based in Tesco Extra and Superstore car parks throughout the United Kingdom, and will be installed by the UK’s largest independent public charging network operator, Pod Point. Customers will be able to charge their electric cars using a standard 7kW fast charger for free, or benefit from the use of a rapid 50 kW charger for a small cost in line with the market rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Shefwedfan wrote:
    The charging bays will be based in Tesco Extra and Superstore car parks throughout the United Kingdom, and will be installed by the UK’s largest independent public charging network operator, Pod Point. Customers will be able to charge their electric cars using a standard 7kW fast charger for free, or benefit from the use of a rapid 50 kW charger for a small cost in line with the market rate.

Really? So each Tesco's will have both AC and DC chargers? Multiple slots each? Good strategy for sure, VW have been pushing German federal government to actually mandate big supermarkets to install chargers.

So this is good news for the UK, but I think it will either not happen in Ireland or will be paddy specs, scaled down crappy version of it.

McGiver wrote: »
    Really? So each Tesco's will have both AC and DC chargers? Multiple slots each? Good strategy for sure, VW have been pushing German federal government to actually mandate big supermarkets to install chargers.

So this is good news for the UK, but I think it will either not happen in Ireland or will be paddy specs, scaled down crappy version of it.

Most of the tesco stores in Dublin have slow chargers installed now as far as I am aware.....

This is a joint venture by Teso/VW and Pod Point....so we would need the same companies to do it in Ireland....

I'll not hold my breath to see the chargers arriving in Donegal.

McGiver wrote: »

Oh yeah, not exactly. They are doing at 600 stores...

Tesco had over 3700 in 2017.....so not every store

I would guess the huge supermarket with multiple spots will get them. The small mini markets etc wouldnt have the spot to give over to chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Shefwedfan wrote:

16% that's fair enough and in line with what vw is pushing in Germany I'd say, don't think they ask for corner shops installing chargers, would be for bigger stores with plenty of parking.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Oh yeah, not exactly. They are doing at 600 stores...

I would guess the huge supermarket with multiple spots will get them. The small mini markets etc wouldnt have the spot to give over to chargers

Don't know what the supermarkets are like further south, but most big supermarkets and decent sized stores up here in the north, such as Spar, Centra etc, have LOADS of disabled spots. I think we must have a vast amount of lame people in the NW.

I know Derry used to have a figure of 11% receiving DLA, or Disability Living Allowance. Over 1 in 10 needed help getting around!

And if the EV charging spots are anything like the disabled spots up here, they will be permanently occupied by ICE cars, driven by able bodies ignorant folk.

• Advertisement

The mid range one gets me to mizen or malin head and most of the way home so hopefully won't really need a public charger unless I'm going to either.

Advertisement