Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

HigginsJ wrote: »
    If he clears waivers he'll be re-signed and put on IR. Dont understand why they simply couldnt place him straight on IR, perhaps something to do with new CBA, but he will be back as a Giant.

What it really shows is that he will prob not be back till mid-season I imagine.

From what I read it isn't looking good for him returning this season. Us and our TE's huh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Keno 92 wrote: »
    From what I read it isn't looking good for him returning this season. Us and our TE's huh? :rolleyes:

From a playing perspective he's easily replaced but would have liked to have seen if he was capalbe of progressing from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If he clears waivers he'll be re-signed and put on IR. Dont understand why they simply couldnt place him straight on IR, perhaps something to do with new CBA, but he will be back as a Giant.

It was the same situation with the old CBA

You have to first cut a player, clear waivers and then put on IR

If the player won't be coming back you work out an injury settlement and pay them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Ballard picked up by Pats

CoachTO wrote: »
    Ballard picked up by Pats

That dirty little....

• Advertisement

Bit pointless no?

Bit pointless no?

Why? Means the Pats put him on IR and know they have a quality Tight End in 2013. Instead having to go looking to the Free Agency or Draft for more end you get a young TE with bags of talent and NFL experience.

CoachTO wrote: »
    Why? Means the Pats put him on IR and know they have a quality Tight End in 2013. Instead having to go looking to the Free Agency or Draft for more end you get a young TE with bags of talent and NFL experience.

Hernandez and Gronk are both young TE's with bags of talent and NFL experience. He'd be 3rd choice there.

Thats why I think its a bit odd.

Also dont see why the Giants couldnt have just placed him on IR. It seems a system open to being exploited (as in this case)

Hernandez and Gronk are both young TE's with bags of talent and NFL experience. He'd be 3rd choice there.

Thats why I think its a bit odd.

Also dont see why the Giants couldnt have just placed him on IR. It seems a system open to being exploited (as in this case)

Most teams have 3 tight ends. No harm having 2 guys who can catch and block and 1 guy who is more like a slot WR.

Schefter and Herm Edwards make a good argument here

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8046553

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

As was also pointed out by someone on twitter (either Mike Reiss or Erik Frenz, I forget which) - Ballard has trained day in, day out blocking pass rushers who have given Brady nightmares when he's faced them. It makes sense on a few levels for us - lovely mix of potential and experience - I'm very happy with it.

• Advertisement

Daaaaaaamn

swRS9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That helmet....

swRS9.jpg

reminds me of....

030107alien_header.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

157528-73856-blue-power-ranger_large.jpg

thumb3_scorpion_mortal_kombat_.jpg

More colour appropriate. And look Tom Bradys soul!!!

iceman-subzero.JPG

Such a pity Barden has not developed. He has all the tools to be a top class wide-out but for some reason it has never came to pass. Who knows? Maybe this year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a0b9ad/article/ramses-barden-is-left-out-of-giants-receiver-conversation?module=HP11_content_stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Just wondering has anybody been to the new Meadowlands? If anyone has could they please PM me. I am heading to NY in a few months and just have a couple of questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'll do a quick news round-up:

Kuhn's visa is still not resolved-
    Although New York Giants rookie 7th round pick Markus Kuhn signed his contract about three weeks ago, he still has not participated in any Organized Team Activities (OTA's).

Jorge Castillo reports that Kuhn, who is a German citizen, still has not received his work visa and can not physically participate in OTA's until the issue is resolved...
    This is quite embarrassing IMO.

Cruz on Nicks' injury:
    "He looks good. He's walking again on his own so that's definitely a good sign," Cruz said at the Queens Theatre at a Time Warner Cable event to promote his memoir "Victor Cruz: Out of the Blue," which is schedule to be released July 17. "He told me he'll be ready and he told me he'll take training camp to continue rehabilitating and continue to get his foot back right, but I definitely expect him to be ready by game one."
    Nicks' original diagnosis was 12 weeks, which meant he was due to return August 17. That is still a possibility, but his prediction of the start of training camp isn't.

I don't think we'll see him until mid October now.

RB Pass Blocking Efficiency - Bradshaw comes in second

David Diehl Worst Pass-Blocking Tackle Locklear - Diehl will be interesting while we are OT

Terrell Thomas: 'I Have No Limitations'

"I have no limitations entering camp; obviously (medical staff) will be monitoring me throughout camp," Thomas said on his website. Giants camp begins on July 28.

"The road just started; I have a lot of work to do," Thomas added. "I just want to let you know that I have been working real hard. I am determined to get to the same form as last year and to be a great addition to our secondary."...

Good to see TT again. I think he'll be taking over from Grant providing Prince can fill his potential more so this year.

Keno 92 wrote: »

Love it. Roll on September 5th

p.s. also now my wallpaper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mine too, no excuse for not knowing the schedule now.

Eli heading to training camp!

Ayu_IMYCEAEqy-Q.jpg:large

Also, I found this hilarious:

Osi Umenyiora says RGIII hasn’t earned his nickname

“Who is this RG3 guy you guys keep talking about?’’ Umenyiora said. “You talking about Bob Griffin? You guys are giving him a cool nickname already and everything. When he does anything in the NFL we’re gonna call him RG3. Right now he’s Bob Griffin.’’

Terell Thomas has re-injured his surgically repaired ACL. He has to go for surgery today to determine the extent of the injury but not looking good. :mad:

New York Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas could miss a second consecutive season after reinjuring the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee when he was tangled up with wide receiver Isaiah Stanback during Sunday's practice.

Thomas was absent from Monday's practice at SUNY-Albany after swelling in the joint prompted the club to send him to the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan to undergo tests on the knee. An MRI confirmed the bad news.
    "Terrell reinjured his ACL," said Giants senior vice president of medical services Ronnie Barnes. "At this point, he will most likely undergo an arthroscopic procedure to determine the extent of the injury to the ACL. However, no decision has been made at this point. Terrell is going to consult with Dr. (Arthur) Ting, who performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL in September (of 2011)." :mad:

It's bloody typical really.

Time for the Prince to step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

NY Giants' Prince Amukamara making up for forgettable last season with chance to take starting job
    When Prince Amukamara arrived in Giants training camp at the University at Albany, he knew that much. He knew he’d disappointed team brass during his injury-plagued 2011 rookie season, and he desperately wanted to atone.

So when Amukamara heard GM Jerry Reese rip into him over the weekend and say he had to play “like a first-round pick,” the 23-year-old cornerback didn’t argue. In fact, he agreed. “I do have a lot of expectations for myself,” Amukamara said, “and I know the organization has a lot of expectations for me. . . . It’s time for me to fulfill my (expectations) and their’s, too.”

Read more

• Advertisement

I see Jerry Jones has been sprouting his usual rubbish. This time its he cant waited to "kick the giants a**es". Dont worry Jerry boy, the feeling will be mutual come 5th September ! :D

Advertisement