Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrity Masterchef

• 02-09-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭

Starts Tonight folks :)

EastEnders actor Adam Woodyatt
    Death in Paradise actress Elizabeth Bourgine.
    Radio presenter and actor Mim Shaikh;
    TV personalities Vicky Pattison, Dom Parker, Dr Alex George, Joey Essex; Motown legend Martha Reeves;
    Olympic champion Greg Rutherford,
    and MBE and Heavyweight boxer Dillian Whyte
    former boxing manager and transgender campaigner Kellie Maloney.
    Icon of design Dame Zandra Rhodes,
    Strictly Come Dancing star and professional dancer Oti Mabuse,
    and long distance runner and former Marine Andy Grant.
    BBC weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker
    former footballer Neil ‘Razor’ Ruddock;
    DJ and entertainment lawyer Judge Jules
    Radio 1 presenter Rickie Haywood-Williams;
    The Chase’s Jenny Ryan
    Comedian Josie Long

I actually recognise most of these!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone watching?

Joey Essex would drive you mad, I don't know how he hasn't got a clatter across the head already.

Oti needs to stop screeching.

Zandra, despite being about 110, is by far the best of the lot.

Neil is just all about quantity, and is like a sloth.

Thought Andy was very hard done by to go last night, he had bags more potential than anyone else.

I'm catching up on tonight's episode, I sincerely hope those zoo staff aren't too hungry..... :eek:

So Greg Rutherford is doing this, AND training to swim the Channel!

Busy lad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

New series starts on Wednesday July 1st at 9pm on BBC 1.

And continues on Friday July 3rd at 7:30pm and 8:30pm.

All filming was completed before the lockdown.

Superstar tennis coach Judy Murray, Rak-Su’s Myles Stephenson and television presenter Gethin Jones are among those vying for this year’s title, as announced on the MasterChef UK official Twitter page.

Joining them are RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant Baga Chipz, who placed third in the popular BBC Three series last year, as well as comedy actresses Crissy Rock (Benidorm) and Felicity Montagu (This Time with Alan Partridge).

Consumer rights champion Dominic Littlewood will be donning an apron, alongside rapper and singer Lady Leshurr, while The Apprentice favourite Thomas Skinner is also putting his skills to the test.

Celebrity MasterChef welcomes its first ever blind contestant with Amar Latif, who recently fronted BBC Two’s Travelling Blind, which followed him on an adventure across Turkey.

Loose Women panellist Judi Love and TV presenter Jeff Brazier are also joining Celebrity MasterChef for its 15th series, with actors Shyko Amos (Death in Paradise) and Phil Daniels (Endeavour).

Rounding out the rest of this year’s lineup, we have Kingdom Choir conductor Karen Gibson, TOWIE star Pete Wicks, footballer-turned-pundit John Barnes, broadcaster Riyadh Khalaf as well as Olympic champions Sam Quek and Sir Matthew Pinsent.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2020-06-17/celebrity-masterchef-2020-full-line-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well I recognise at least 10 of those so that's not too bad. Judy Murray gets into everything!

My recognition factor is 5.5 :o

The .5 is Jeff Brazier, whom I had to google when I saw him on Celeb SAS the other night!

At least there'll be something to look forward to now that the Sewing Bee is coming to an end, boo hoo :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Judy Murray, thanks for the warning, I won't be watching so.

Jesus, they're all very annoying tonight - screaming and screeching like banshees, most of them.

John Barnes is the only one I've even heard of.

The youngfella is the only one with any potential so far, and maybe the comedian lady who could be Chizzy Whatshername's twin sister, and is every bit as annoying.

The poor chef's face when she was "carving" the turbot :D

The youngfella and John Barnes are the only ones who seem to be taking it even half seriously, the lack of respect woud drive me nuts! I know they must be nervous, but seriously lads......

I didn't think anyone could ever make Greg look refined, but he's positively rarified beside that Apprentice oik :mad:

Seems to be national Scotch Bonnet day on the programme.....

Jeeeeeesus....this blind pairs test is fiendishly difficult :eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jeeeeeesus....this blind pairs test is fiendishly difficult :eek:

Love it though! Shocked at the result but I wasn't really paying attention so :)

• Advertisement

Love it though! Shocked at the result but I wasn't really paying attention so :)
    I'm hours behind, they're just plating up for me now..... it's carnage!

Jaysus, those pro chefs have the patience of Job....

Who did John Barnes think was going to make the custard for their desert, the custard fairy?

And that apprentice fella, if he was an ice cream he'd lick himself - so busy admiring what he done he forgets there's plenty other stuff to do (that he's being led through step by step by you'd swear he invented it all)

Judi is just a moaner, I've decided.

The youngfella is the only one with a bit of her up and go about him.

That toffee sauce with the apple pies was just the weirdest thing I've ever seen - and that was even before it set solid into "chewing gum " :D

And then Greg complimenting the lovely buttery pastry..... I'd eat my hat if that hadn't just come out of a packet (and no reason it shouldn't, to be fair, but no need to be giving him credit for it!)

Ah feck :(

Ah here now..... a blind man (even with a seeing assistant) on MC was kind of out there as a concept - not that I'm knocking it, and he didn't poison the judges in round 1, so fair play..... but in a pro kitchen? :confused:

This week has car crash written all over it (that's not aimed at Amar in particular, btw) - mind you I kind of thought that about last week's gang, and the hockey player came good in the end, so I'll suspend judgement for now!

Jeff wuz robbed!

Greg would SO want to get over not liking potato skins - so fecking what if he doesn't? If they're cooked properly and served up intentionally, judge them on their merits!

The lady actress (whose name escapes me now) served up a plate that resembled a medium-sized car crash, I'd have thought she was fair game for first out....

OK, was too tired to post when I eventually got to see last night's episode.....

but I'm calling complete shenanigans on this week's competition.

They're all completely out of their depth (bar maybe Gethin when he has a following wind and it happens to be something he vaguely knows about).

There is NO WAY they all got through last night's two rounds with massive amounts of help/coaching/advice/emergency lifesaving! At least Amar seems to be something of an intuitive cook, using hearing and smell to help him to great effect - but the rest of them are clueless!

They seem desperate to push the boundaries futher and further (or maybe they've run out of half-decent cooks in the celebrity world) - I'm having to make myself watch tonight's episode just to see who stumbles through. I expect them to be decimated by other weeks' winners when they all eventually meet up though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I loved the pairing of Gethin and Amar- so cute!
    Amar has done brilliantly, especially in the professional kitchen. Although I don't know if I should be that surprised; I guess blind people eat every day, and it can't always be Dominos. :pac:
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jeff wuz robbed!
    100% agree with this. Madness!

I enjoy it every time they visit a workplace. "IF THIS LUNCH IS LATE BY EVEN TWO MINUTES, LIVES WILL BE LOST..." etc always cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Posy wrote: »
    I loved the pairing of Gethin and Amar- so cute!
    Amar has done brilliantly, especially in the professional kitchen. Although I don't know if I should be that surprised; I guess blind people eat every day, and it can't always be Dominos. :pac:

100% agree with this. Madness!

I enjoy it every time they visit a workplace. "IF THIS LUNCH IS LATE BY EVEN TWO MINUTES, LIVES WILL BE LOST..." etc always cracks me up.

Ha ha yes, god forbid the scientists's lunch would be late! :pac:
    I presume the producers ask them a leading question such as can you list the possible consequences of lunch being late and then edit it suitably!

I thought the Sicilian pro chef's attitude with Amir was fantastic, was it Mortimer House? He was really encouraging without being patronising.

I enjoyed last nights episode. Thought Riyadh Khazul was quite funny. Chrissy served up some fright! Looking forward to tonight - I love the blind cooking bit. Cant wait to see how she gets on with this - although she is enthusiastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Never heard of Riyadh before. Seems to be quite famous & a nice guy. Also a good cook. I only knew Judy Murray & Matthew Pinsent. Some good talent this year.

Judy asked why she was there made me laugh. To finally learn how to cook! Surely there are easier ways but the cash isn’t as good.

I first heard of Riyadh last week when he popped up on celeb mastermind!! He's clearly hopped on the reality show roundabout with gusto!

Anyone else think his whipped cream with his dessert cakes looked like spray cream from a can?? :eek:

Other than that (which may be down to watching on a laptop screen, in fairness), his meal looked fab.

Jesus, that Pete fella must have a mouth lined with asbestos!

No complaints about the two who went through this week.

Enjoyed last night. Definitely the right person to go. Think it finishes tonight with a double episode! Hubbie is delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Deserving winner IMO.. though not shocked as thought
    he
    was the standout throughout.

Basq wrote: »
    Deserving winner IMO.. though not shocked as thought
    he
    was the standout throughout.
    He seems like genuinely nice fella, and his food was all interesting and sounded amazing. Well-deserved winner for me.

Can't believe he beat two Olympians! (and I'd say he can't either!)

Yeah delighted with that. We will be seeing him on the telly all the time now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Delighted with the result. A deserved champion.

Was sure the Olympians would win but thankfully not. Sam was a bit cheeky taking extra time. I’d say she’s a girl used to winning.

A bit of a rushed ending. I wonder was it because of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

unichick wrote: »
    Yep, agreed!

I remember it always being an hour with the first 25 minutes being boring interviews with family etc.

• Advertisement

unichick wrote: »
    Delighted with the result. A deserved champion.

Was sure the Olympians would win but thankfully not. Sam was a bit cheeky taking extra time. I’d say she’s a girl used to winning.

Forgot about that, can't believe they let her away with it!

"Oh, is everyone waiting on me?"

Eh, no love - there was a time limit, they finished within it and YOU'RE LATE!

I was very surprised they let her continue her last few finishing touches.

(I was full sure she'd win, actually, and was wondering how they'd deal with that.....)

Advertisement