Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Looking for a type 1 granny cable, if some one has upgraded recently and has one lying around.

Thanks

[UPDATE] - Got a cable sorted with many thanks to handofdog. Thanks to all who contacted me regarding cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If you have a type 2 Granny cable lying around - I have a type 2 to type 1 adapter :)

https://www.adverts.ie/other/type-2-to-type-1-ev-charger-adapter/20523965

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Vexorg wrote: »
    Looking for a type 1 granny cable, if some one has upgraded recently and has one lying around.

Thanks

If you can't find a cheap one second hand, they're not too bad to buy brand new, this one is GBP169.95 with free shipping:

Linky

I have one of those adapters, got a type 2 charger installed to future proof, did not realise the could work with a type 2 granny.

Vexorg wrote: »
    I have one of those adapters, got a type 2 charger installed to future proof, did not realise the could work with a type 2 granny.

I'm not sure if they do to be honest - would be worth researching.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    If you can't find a cheap one second hand, they're not too bad to buy brand new, this one is GBP169.95 with free shipping:

Linky

Thanks, I would be happier to reuse rather than buy new, but they do seem quite reasonably priced new.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can I ask how you organised this?
    If you have outlined it previously then just refer me to a post number.

Did you buy without seeing it?
    Did the seller put it on to the boat for you?

I bought from a main dealer website. My mate has a car porter and he got the boat over Friday and collected it, about 2 hours from Holyhead.

Just done a bank transfer using currency fair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Linky

Check out these guys

https://thirdrockenergy.co.uk/

I got a Type 2, 32a, 22kw, 3 phase cable delivered during the week for €163 all in. I used the discount code from the speakev forum.

Use code SPEAKEV10

Edit. Just realised it’s a granny cable your looking for.

Dashcam

Guys I’m selling my old dashcam as the new car came with a Nextbase already installed.

This is a DDPai M6 Plus. Not the usually China crap.
    I would continue to use this only for the nextbase hard wire kit already installed.

https://www.adverts.ie/20759160

Nedved85 wrote: »
    If you have a type 2 Granny cable lying around - I have a type 2 to type 1 adapter :)

https://www.adverts.ie/other/type-2-to-type-1-ev-charger-adapter/20523965

Sold :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 elektrik

Guys, any recommendation where (here in Ireland) to sell an LHD car?

I know I can take it back to any EU mainland country and sell it there, but would just like to avoid the hassle. I'm aware I would get far less for it here than on the mainland, but still :D

(1st owner, 2011 Honda Civic 1.8, LHD, black, 169k km, Dublin plates, liberty insurance)

P.S.: I know it's electric/hybrid cars forum, I'm getting ready for the delivery of an EV I ordered so Honda won't be needed after that :)

I presume it has NCT test? Stick it on DoneDeal, make sure you price it well below similar cars and also make sure to make very clear it's a LHD drive. Might suit someone who does a lot of European driving. Or someone interested in a bargain!

thanks unkle, I'll try DoneDeal!

Maybe someone who's leaving Ireland for another EU country would be interested, hopefully :D

Gumbo wrote: »
    Dashcam

Guys I’m selling my old dashcam as the new car came with a Nextbase already installed.

This is a DDPai M6 Plus. Not the usually China crap.
    I would continue to use this only for the nextbase hard wire kit already installed.

https://www.adverts.ie/20759160

Now sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

elektrik wrote: »
    Guys, any recommendation where (here in Ireland) to sell an LHD car?

I know I can take it back to any EU mainland country and sell it there, but would just like to avoid the hassle. I'm aware I would get far less for it here than on the mainland, but still :D

(1st owner, 2011 Honda Civic 1.8, LHD, black, 169k km, Dublin plates, liberty insurance)

P.S.: I know it's electric/hybrid cars forum, I'm getting ready for the delivery of an EV I ordered so Honda won't be needed after that :)

Stick it on autoscout24.com

You'd be surprised how many people will travel for the right car.

Good call, Silent Running. You won't get a bigger audience than autoscout :D

Stick it on autoscout24.com

You'd be surprised how many people will travel for the right car.

thanks Silent Running, will try that as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Jimi H

Ok first of all, my knowledge of EVs is very limited so any advice appreciated. I have a small food business and drive 600 - 1000 km per week. I’m looking for a small refrigerated van but haven’t seen any in Ireland or on the websites I have checked. Has anyone seen any or point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jimi H wrote: »
    Ok first of all, my knowledge of EVs is very limited so any advice appreciated. I have a small food business and drive 600 - 1000 km per week. I’m looking for a small refrigerated van but haven’t seen any in Ireland or on the websites I have checked. Has anyone seen any or point me in the right direction?

Electric vans I'm sure are in very short supply in Ireland.
    Here's a filter of CarsIreland by FUEL = electric and keyword = VAN.
    https://www.carsireland.ie/search-results.php?make_id%5B%5D=&model_id%5B%5D=&min_year=&max_year=&colour_id=&body_type_id=&doors=&ncap_overall=&min_price=0&max_price=&road_tax_cost=&mpg=&min_engine_id=&max_engine_id=&fuel_type_id=4&transmission_type_id=&max_power_bhp=&green_rating=&min_odo=0&max_odo=&odo_type=m&added=&seller=&ubf=0&fts=van&fts_or=0&submit=Search+used+cars

And you want a refrigerated one as well?

I'd guess the numbers out there are miniscule. None on CarsIreand anyway, EV or Hybrid.

You’d have to buy an EV van and then get it converted as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Gumbo wrote: »
    Check out these guys

https://thirdrockenergy.co.uk/

I got a Type 2, 32a, 22kw, 3 phase cable delivered during the week for €163 all in. I used the discount code from the speakev forum.

Use code SPEAKEV10

Edit. Just realised it’s a granny cable your looking for.

Thanks for details. I ordered 5m type 2 cable for my 530e and they delivered to Ireland for free and total cost was 112£ which is very good value. Cable appears to be very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Speak to Phil Fitzgerald at Electric Autos. He may be able to source you something from across the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

there is a fishmongers in Galway that uses exclusively EV van. (assuming given it's product it would be refrigerated). Can't remember the name - I'll have a google and check

EDIT: Found them - gannet
    518468.jpg

Always surprises me why you don't see way more of them in Ireland. Particularly in Dublin. A large majority of vans don't do a huge daily mileage (beyond the range of the car), but big enough miles per year to justify the extra cost. And there are also substantial savings on maintenance (and depreciation). And a much more pleasant work tool for the driver being automatic, low noise, lots of torque, no stinky cancerous emissions, etc.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Always surprises me why you don't see way more of them in Ireland. Particularly in Dublin. A large majority of vans don't do a huge daily mileage (beyond the range of the car), but big enough miles per year to justify the extra cost. And there are also substantial savings on maintenance (and depreciation). And a much more pleasant work tool for the driver being automatic, low noise, lots of torque, no stinky cancerous emissions, etc.

Great to see AnPost and Cork city council going electric, but you're right about private businesses. Perhaps when they start to see the 2 above using electric vans they might consider it an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Something that could be said about private cars too Unkel.

Didn't some regulatory authority in Europe do a study that found that something like 70% of cars owners in Europe could use an EV to do they daily mileage?

And I read that about 6 years ago, when range was a lot lower than it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

If fleet managers are anything like the 1 my company has they are only looking at the lease cost. An eNV is basically twice the monthly cost of a transit :( completely ignore the fuel saving's

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Generally lease costs (when looked at by fleet managers) would be a sum of the projected fuel costs and the monthly lease. I know that's why most of our stuff has been replaced with leafs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Oh i know that but my manager and the fleet op's guy don't see that as fuel is part of the contract so they don't cost it.
    I had all the sums done for them. They just came back to the cost eNiro/Kona/eNV was €600-650/month while a Transit Courier, Berlingo, Partner, Transit Custom, Expert ect are all less then 300/month. We only do 1k km/week and all under 80kph
    Likely we'll end up with a John Deer UTV powered by a 3cyl diesel and no heating :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Stealthirl wrote:
    Oh i know that but my manager and the fleet op's guy don't see that as fuel is part of the contract so they don't cost it. I had all the sums done for them. They just came back to the cost eNiro/Kona/eNV was €600-650/month while a Transit Courier, Berlingo, Partner, Transit Custom, Expert ect are all less then 300/month. We only do 1k km/week and all under 80kph Likely we'll end up with a John Deer UTV powered by a 3cyl diesel and no heating
    You may need to talk to the person who actually pays the fuel...

Advertisement