Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Go Mark III

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looks like Victini is the mythical for the At Home Go Fest, and mega evolution coming to Go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

josip wrote: »
    There are a few up the mountains where we go sking that we always get at least 100 days out of. Very few skiers know about them and the weather often doesn't suit having a phone out. So we usually last until the summer hiking season.

Unless it's a mon that you really need, then I'd be trying to keep it in the gym as long as you can. Anything over 200 days is an impressive stint.

Took a gym at top of mountain on Monday down west Cork/Kerry way , thought I was in for the long haul , kicked out at midnight last night , obviously a spoofer at that time ,which was v frustrating.

Longest i managed was 205 in a gym up the country , Im in 3 gyms >80 days at the moment , always enjoy finding a remote gym!

There are a few up the mountains where we go sking that we always get at least 100 days out of. Very few skiers know about them and the weather often doesn't suit having a phone out. So we usually last until the summer hiking season.

Unless it's a mon that you really need, then I'd be trying to keep it in the gym as long as you can. Anything over 200 days is an impressive stint.

At the Geysers in Iceland... Both are gyms. I took off my outer pair of gloves so I could fight the gym with just my fingerless gloves on. My fingers turned purple and couldn't uncurl from their "holding the phone" position. It was -14 with wind chill. I held the small geyser gym for three days or so. The main one though, about an hour.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

budgese wrote: »
    ....... . I took off my outer pair of gloves so I could fight the gym with just my fingerless gloves on. My fingers turned purple and couldn't uncurl from their "holding the phone" position. It was -14 with wind chill......
    I use a stylus when in Canada or Chicago during Jan/Feb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Done well in this Solstice event so far. Wild shiny Lunatone, Clefairy, Growlithe, and hatched a shiny Cleffa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Anyone know why I can't nominate a pokestop, I'm level 40 and after I take the photo for a new pokestop my game just shuts down

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sawduck wrote: »
    Anyone know why I can't nominate a pokestop, I'm level 40 and after I take the photo for a new pokestop my game just shuts down
    Sounds like an issue on your side to be honest; only thing I can recommend is either try another phone or reinstall the app. The fact you can start the nomination process indicates you're not banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

Angron wrote: »
    Done well in this Solstice event so far. Wild shiny Lunatone, Clefairy, Growlithe, and hatched a shiny Cleffa.

Nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭josip

Sawduck wrote: »

Have you ever registered an Ingress account using the same id (Google/Facebook) as for PoGo?
    I have a Level 39 PoGo account that it doesn't let me review, I think because the same Id was used for Ingress that I only played for a few days and I'm not high enough in Ingress to review.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Odd that they scheduled it so far into the pandemic if they were going to need to cancel it, but it did sound like a big gimmick anyway.

Got my 5th shiny Feebas last night, tired of him!
    Got a shiny Patrat the other day too :)
    Didn't get a shiny Clefairy but then yesterday I hatched a 96% shiny Cleffa :D

Caught 3 shinies yesterday, Teddiursa, Poochyena and a Pidgey, delighted with the pidgey, rare as hens teeth and I've an affection to him because he was my weekly grind evolving him to get XP way back.

I caught an absolute shiny BEAST during the Solstice event. :cool:
    Those stats, that CP.....I was overwhelmed!!

XTZ8FYE.jpg?1
    Canard wrote: »

Got my 5th shiny Feebas last night, tired of him!
    Got a shiny Patrat the other day too :)
    Didn't get a shiny Clefairy but then yesterday I hatched a 96% shiny Cleffa :D

I also caught a shiny Patrat, didn't even know they were a thing! Missed the Clefairy hour but randomly hatched a shiny Cleffa last year so already have my shiny Celfable.

phog wrote: »
    Caught 3 shinies yesterday, Teddiursa, Poochyena and a Pidgey, delighted with the pidgey, rare as hens teeth and I've an affection to him because he was my weekly grind evolving him to get XP way back.

Nice. Pidgey's one of the few non-special event/non-community day ones that I have two shinies of. Would really like a shiny Teddiursa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Can someone tell me the name of the app that you can see the IVs please? May as well start now considering that the Pokémon I'm missing are legendary or regional

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

The appraisal feature shows you them, you just need to know how big the gaps are to distinguish between the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sector7Gdrone

Anybody in Meath? 204 days in the "Old Skryne Church" gym (in Skryne obv). I'd love to be released!

Can't believe it. Maybe it was because of this post. I've been released after 214 days.
    Might go out there just to see who did it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Can someone tell me the name of the app that you can see the IVs please? May as well start now considering that the Pokémon I'm missing are legendary or regional

I don’t bother with CalcIV anymore (pokegenie is another one) as the ingame appraisal shows you the exact IVs.

I delete anything under 40 total. (15/15/15 is perfect)

Can't believe it. Maybe it was because of this post. I've been released after 214 days.
    Might go out there just to see who did it.

I'll be out in a week anyway to kick them out, or join them...

On another note, how many mons do people keep? Keep a living Dex, or delete everything except to be evolved and battle Mon?

I'll be out in a week anyway to kick them out, or join them...

On another note, how many mons do people keep? Keep a living Dex, or delete everything except to be evolved and battle Mon?

Living best-mon each evolution Dex + Battle Mons + Shinies + some luckies

• Advertisement

Happy this morning.
    The 3rd family account put in a sterling overnight shift and drifted 9km to just make it over the 50km line before 9am.
    First time all 3 accounts have made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I keep a bunch for trading with hopes to go lucky but as trading is time consuming I rarely get time to trade them (Sitting on 30+ Zekrom right now). Right now I've a 3,000 bag which is pretty much full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Anybody in Meath? 204 days in the "Old Skryne Church" gym (in Skryne obv). I'd love to be released!

You kick me out of that gym!!!! :mad::D:D
    I dropped there during tough mudder (was only a 10 min drive from there) and got kicked out just before getting gold. Lord knows when I'll be back in that direction again.
    Yellow team. Waited this long. Will happily wait another two weeks. If you take the gym, prepare for a long stay yourself.
    One other player joined me 173 days ago, but other than that not a single victory scored against the gym.

I wonder if anyone is stuck in a gym longer...and if so, where?

Yup, I'm 256 days in a gym, trying to get a full year.

Plus it adds to my Gym Leader badge hours, currently sitting at 100,000 hours.

Finally got my Rufflet this morning after many battles.
    It'll probably be in the 2k eggs from next week.

Diemos wrote: »

Plus it adds to my Gym Leader badge hours, currently sitting at 100,000 hours.

My Gym Leader Badge is at 253,344 hours

I've interacted with 1,266 gyms and I have 269 Gold Gyms

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
    That's very impressive, the most I've heard of up to now was 130.
    Do you travel around a lot with work or something?

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
    That's very impressive, the most I've heard of up to now was 130.
    Do you travel around a lot with work or something?

In the Limerick group I'd say I'm in 3rd place for Gold Gyms, I was first to reach 1,000 gyms but may have been overtaken during lockdown. My hours defending would be up there with another two players in Limerick.

I don't travel too much with work but I have family in Dublin that I visit fairly often and I've done a few city breaks which increase the gyms tagged. The gold gyms would be mainly ones in the Midwest/Munster region that I'd target and then I've a few scattered around Ireland that were one or two visit gyms for gold badges.

At this stage I've started to lose the Gold Gym Badge as you can only have 1,000 gyms gym badges so the older ones disappear as you tag new gyms

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Bragging rights 50 excellent throws time to step up starts at 8am tomorrow

https://leekduck.com/events/gofest-week1-challenge/

Anyone happen to be around Sallins at some point we can coordinate for a Zekrom raid? Managed to catch a group of people in a remote raid about 3 weeks ago so got a shiny Virizon, but havent caught them since.

Cant be going out and about as there's a new born in the house so remote raiding is the way to go for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

There's an infamous player here in Cork , "Jeff" he might be able to rival your hours, he constantly holds down part of the city with his 6 accounts!

Advertisement