Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsie's own (or family/friends) cars for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

All in all wrote: »
    The seats look filthy, maybe get it properly cleaned.

Actually they’re not too bad but the photo does make them look pretty horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Actually they’re not too bad but the photo does make them look pretty horrendous.

Recently when selling my wives car I used Auto Glym interior shampoo. I found it good, cleaned up marks around car seats, etc.

Recently when selling my wives car I used Auto Glym interior shampoo. I found it good, cleaned up marks around car seats, etc.

Thanks very much, will get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

+1 for Auto Glym interior shampoo, also found it brilliant for carpet inside the car and boot, came out like new, leaves a nice scent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Selling my girlfriends 2008 Ford Focus. Have had a crazy number of people low balling us with offers (sub 1k) but we think it's worth what we are asking and it's definitely priced similarly, if not lower, to similar spec Focus's for sale at present. No issues with it, 4 months NCT, new battery and Greenlight certified. Actually mystified as to why it won't sell.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-style-1-8l-tdci/25076315#xtor=ES-92-%5BpublishAd%5D-Mon%20Jun%2015%2011:58:33%20IST%202020-%5BviewAd%5D-25076315@2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Chavways wrote: »
    Selling my girlfriends 2008 Ford Focus. Have had a crazy number of people low balling us with offers (sub 1k) but we think it's worth what we are asking and it's definitely priced similarly, if not lower, to similar spec Focus's for sale at present. No issues with it, 4 months NCT, new battery and Greenlight certified. Actually mystified as to why it won't sell.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-style-1-8l-tdci/25076315#xtor=ES-92-%5BpublishAd%5D-Mon%20Jun%2015%2011:58:33%20IST%202020-%5BviewAd%5D-25076315@2

You're actually NCTd until February with the Covid extension

This is it wrote: »

Wow didn't realise that. Have updated the ad. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Wow didn't realise that. Have updated the ad. Thanks.
    Mention in add also its the cheap tax €280.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Mention in add also its the cheap tax €280.

Done. Thanks.

My own 142 skoda rapid for sale here https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25077528

Any advice on the ad appreciated.

Updated with new interior pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

This is it wrote: »

That's great news, it might help shift mine. I presume they don't cut your new cert short ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭younggalway

The only issue I could suggest it that someone can get the facelifted one for the same money, also the style spec is poor enough compared to Zetec. Not much good to you but that's what I would be thinking if it was me.

If I would recommend anything I would say to give it a good clean and take new pics in the right light, the current pics are not too flattering. Also I would include more interior pics. These are obviously only small things but might get you the one buyer you need. Good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Updated with new interior pics.

Nice transformation :D

Nice transformation :D

Thanks, couldn’t get hold of the auto glym so I used one called autobrite direct, most of the bottle left if anybody wants to buy the rest off me! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

Great ad and priced right. Just one last bit of advice if it's not already sold!

If it's had the timing belt (or "wet belts" as they were called in these) done, then you should definitely mention it. If not, see have previous owners. In the 1.8TDCi Focus/Mondeo/Galaxy/S-Max they were a common issue, so if it's done it'll give you a strong negotiation or selling point.

Cian86 wrote: »
    Great ad and priced right. Just one last bit of advice if it's not already sold!

If it's had the timing belt (or "wet belts" as they were called in these) done, then you should definitely mention it. If not, see have previous owners. In the 1.8TDCi Focus/Mondeo/Galaxy/S-Max they were a common issue, so if it's done it'll give you a strong negotiation or selling point.

Thanks for the advice. TB was done at 100k miles by the previous owner so must mention that in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    My own car. Bought it last year as a summer runaround.
    Has only done 2,000 kms in the last year and NCT is until December

NWI2ODA3ZTZkOWUxNWI3MGVjMWU4ZDRhNWNiMjEyM2RX-OmRGRx_9aTzoX8ESsTiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDg0MDg5NTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Soulsun wrote: »
    Available?

Sorry. Sold about a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ordinaryfella

My own yoke, feel free to pm me any questions. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-mr2-2001/25136717

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

• Advertisement

My own 142 skoda rapid for sale here https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25077528

Any advice on the ad appreciated.

Any advice on getting this to shift a little quicker?
    Only a few enquiries and only 1 that I’d call serious but not able to view until next week at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

Only a few enquiries and only 1 that I’d call serious but not able to view until next week at the earliest.

Bar reducing price there isn’t much that you can do. Most things will sell if the price is right. From a quick look price looks reasonably okay. I have found selling cars privately I have always got more calls approaching the weekend.

It all depends on your situation and if you are committed to buying something or looking to import something. How much difference will a few hundred euro make to you versus a quick sale. If it was me I would probably hang tough until after weekend and possibly reduce to €6950.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Your price definitely seems quite good, so I wouldn't be in a hurry to drop it yet. I suppose at around 7k, you're kinda at the price where a lot of people will contemplate going dealer rather than private, so you might have to hold on a bit longer.
    Finally, with travel restrictions finally opening up within the next week, that should help you too. Certainly not a nice time to be trying to shift stuff when half the country is afraid to travel too far

Thanks guys, new car bought so would like to shift but won’t let it go for silly money.
    Got a text today “ Would ya take 5k for the car ”
    Erm... no

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Seageebee

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-147-low-miles-high-spec-e999-nct-amptaxed/25038163?campaign=3

Has served me well for about 4 years, fun to drive, I liked it so much I bought another 147, a 2008.

Thanks guys, new car bought so would like to shift but won’t let it go for silly money.
    Got a text today “ Would ya take 5k for the car ”
    Erm... no

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Haven't posted in a while but here's mine.
    Any tips on the ad appreciated.

(Slightly) Negotiatable on price.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-seat-leon-1-9-tdi-btcc-kit/25192709

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭younggalway

Might as well share my own yoke here. Any hints/tips for a sale folks?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2019-seat-leon-1-5-tsi-fr/24938672

Sold, at long last. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Folks,

Have a look and don't all rush me together:D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-x-type-2-0-d-le-09my/25092663

Thanks for looking.

Chevy RV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Hi,

I'm going to be listing my own Alfa 147 for sale soon and I'm looking for opinions on what it might be worth.

Its a 2008 Stromboli Grey Blackline Edition. Just shy of 150k KM on the clock. 1.6 Petrol. Serviced with TI Autos. Will have 6 months Tax, NCT till November (not an extension) and 2 new front tyres. Nothing majorly out there in terms of spec. 17in Alloys, A/C, etc.

Bodywork is in good nick for 12 years. Blacktrims could do with a touch up to be fair. Engine and gearbox are in great shape. T/Belt and W/Pump done by TI about 15k km ago which was a routine change. This is the 3rd belt on the car. Technically I am the 2nd owner but this was a prereg by Airton Motors to keep it on the old CC tax rate which is 514. New battery in November 2019.

On the other side of the coin, needs a new handbrake cable and front passenger door handle to pass the NCT which I am getting done. It will need new discs and rear pads within the next 9-12 months and a brake fluid change in that time. Bit of kerb rash on the front passenger alloy and driver seat squeaks a little but I'm sure I could grease it if I located the squeak.

Truth be told, I would gladly spend the money on it and run it till the engine claps out. Invest in a few modcons for her. But the sad reality is I've 2 small kids. no ISO fix and not much boot to speak of. When I have to take them anywhere in it, its a bit of a ballache.

Thankfully I'm in no rush to sell so I can sit on it for a good while if needs be. I would feel really raw letting it go for less than 1500 but that could be just the emotional attachment to the car. I'm sure it would shift quickly for a grand but time is not of the essence so I don't want to go low ball. This is a good example and would see someone on the road for many more years to come. That being said, if I'm dreaming, let me know.

Advertisement