Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Really wish they would stop ****ing about with the standard modes. Quads gone from the playlist.

Why can’t they just leave a permenant playlist of the smaller maps in both core and HC. Add whatever other gimmicky sh1t playlists they want after that.

Same for war zone. Just leave the standard modes alone

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Really wish they would stop ****ing about with the standard modes. Quads gone from the playlist.

They brought back quads tonight, won 3 games tonight so up to 47 wins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I wish they made it easier to add people from your squad to your friend list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hadn't played this in a while, and gave it a quick go last weekend. Think it was Rumble I played, the 50v50 TDM. I liked it. Mostly snipers, but I like sniping even if i'm not very good at it. Turned it on again last night and it's gone. I don't understand that. I've stopped playing again.

And my god does it insist on having Crossplay enabled. Disable it. Start game of Rumble. "Enable crossplay". No. Wait about 2 minutes and 'Enable crossplay". No. Two more minutes and eventually get a match. Same every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 limerick17

Well lads just wondering is anyone else having an issue where you are stuck in the pre game lobby and cannot get a game.

I’ve changed Nat type to open as it was set to strict but still the same issue. It’s been like this for a few days.

Just wondering does anyone have a fix for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 limerick17

Well lads just wondering is anyone else having an issue where you are stuck in the pre game lobby and cannot get a game.

I’ve changed Nat type to open as it was set to strict but still the same issue. It’s been like this for a few days.

limerick17 wrote: »

I’m on PS4 and was playing away grand last night. Haven’t really had any issues getting games tbh. Can you join friends lobbies and get into a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

limerick17 wrote: »

PC or console?

heroics wrote: »
    Anyone any tips for getting the 357 gold. It is now my most hated gun I’ve had to use. All the other pistols got gold in a couple of hours. This thing is so inconsistent.

I take it back. I hadnt got to the snipers yet. Ax50 is the first weapon I’ve completed all the challenges except the first one (450 kills). At the moment I’m doing better with the knife than the sniper rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a reminder there is a big old update to download, it's there all ready for anyone looking to kick it off
    Around 32GB + 3.5GB patch for MP
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1277780209694015488?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Just a reminder there is a big old update to download, it's there all ready for anyone looking to kick it off
    Around 32GB + 3.5GB patch for MP
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1277780209694015488?s=19

Just literally turned on and there it is :(

Some details about what's happening including needs for the MP5 and Grau 200 player warzone, new map Chesire park 24/7 playlist and my favourite news Shoot the Ship 24/7 is back :)

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1277775902110355457?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hate guns getting nerfed. Mp5 is my most used, it's only a nerf to range which hopefully won't be too dramatic and the 10mm rounds which I don't use.
    The nerfed the range to the Galil as well which is weird as I thought they were trying to get people to stop using the grau which has also been nerfed. Seems to be a range and oddly enough a recoil nerf, which they don't normally do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

can you not do split screen spec ops missions in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

200 player Quads Battle Royale as part of the update too. Can't wait to win one of those (I'll be waiting a while).

Finally got a Duos win last night. I think it's probably the hardest of all the BR modes from my experience.

I really think WZ is optimized for trios. Solo is a campfest and duos is similar or at least not as active as the modes with larger parties. Quads is a pain unless you're in a full group and even then things can go South quick if one or two of you die.

I've come 4th in a solo but really haven't played that mode much. Won all the others several times. Probably find quads harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I really think WZ is optimized for trios. Solo is a campfest and duos is similar or at least not as active as the modes with larger parties. Quads is a pain unless you're in a full group and even then things can go South quick if one or two of you die.

I've come 4th in a solo but really haven't played that mode much. Won all the others several times. Probably find quads harder.

For sure its harder, I reckon it tips the balance a bit too far in terms of how chaotic the engagments get. in trios, you can have some of that 'downtime' that you get in other BR's to recompose yourself after a scrap. I think 200 players is going further muddy the waters tbh, it kinda makes it so that every drop is a hot one.

For sure its harder, I reckon it tips the balance a bit too far in terms of how chaotic the engagments get. in trios, you can have some of that 'downtime' that you get in other BR's to recompose yourself after a scrap. I think 200 players is going further muddy the waters tbh, it kinda makes it so that every drop is a hot one.

Kinda like that nowadays already. In one game last night we went for a contract that was 1400m away when we jumped and there were three other teams fighting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Not much of a nerf to either gun in reality,they'll still be the meta for another while i reckon!

Now just have to wait to see what changes they made but didnt put in patch notes,every single update they do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just won my first game of Solos with 16 kills mostly with SMG (bizarrely)

Went to the Gulag after losing my first engagement and went a killstreak from there - I'd struggle to get 7 killstreak in Modern Warefare so getting 16 on warzone has me delighted. Caught one incredibly lucky break when a guy hit me with a buggy, but came over to loot me without realising I had a self revive and a few more lucky moments when people who had me fairly cornered got killed by a third party, but managed to kill all the other 4 in the final 5, so feel I deserved it in the end.

• Advertisement

They have taken out Shoot the ship and now we have the best of both worlds Shipment 24/7 5v5 and Shoothouse 8v8 24/7 :)

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1278627633648078848?s=19

The FAL apparently has the lowest time to kill by a wide margin from 0-18M in Warzone. It looks like they miscalculated something, somewhere, I hope.
    Will likely be fixed before I rank it up

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

If you use a double xp token at the same time will you get 4x?

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    If you use a double xp token at the same time will you get 4x?

I think it stacks btw I hope you are all using the Regiment option to set up the hour free double XP, even if you are not in a clan set one up with you as member pick a double XP happy hour that suits you and you can earn a free hour of double XP every day, it quadruples during this weekend btw

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I think it stacks btw I hope you are all using the Regiment option to set up the hour free double XP, even if you are not in a clan set one up with you as member pick a double XP happy hour that suits you and you can earn a free hour of double XP every day, it quadruples during this weekend btw

Oh I didn't know that I'll have to set one up today!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Mr.S wrote: »
    I ended up on a crossplay server with (I think) PC gamers, and in the text-chat, they kept giving out about people who use the MP5, why is that?! It's one of y favourite guns for short/mid range lol.

(typically only play console so you never hear other players :D)

It is the best gun at that range,if they are getting rinsed by it all the time then they should run it instead of crying :pac::pac:

Dozyart wrote: »
    It is the best gun at that range,if they are getting rinsed by it all the time then they should run it instead of crying :pac::pac:

there's a code of honour among these people not to use op stuff. You'd swear they were in professional competitions listening to some of the whinging and that nothing's getting them killed other than the other person has an MP5 or M4

Still though they got the grau nerfed in WZ

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This game infuriates me. Dying because I can't jump up a tiny rock to get away from the gas.

It's also booting out constantly due to inactivity. Keeps happening when in the last 10 aswell

• Advertisement

I had a horrible glitch/lag incident yesterday when down to the final two in a Duos game. Had my heartbeat sensor and went to switch to my gun, at which point nothing appeared. No button I could press would bring the ****ing thing up. The lads most have been laughing at me charging at them with nothing.

Advertisement