Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

• 30-05-2020 1:36am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Shiny new thread even though it will be covered in dust by the time the next game comes around.

Last GAA Betting thread.... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055992129&page=253 ..... was around for over 10 years !!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Let’s hope in 2020 anyway ! :( :eek:

As soon as the green door opens (if it opens in time and other variables and whatnot) will do Kerry4Sam at 3/1. Seems a bitta value and who else can realistically beat Dublin; who may be bored of winning :o:D

Can only wait and hope - life has to go on :pac:

Could this be the year the jackeens get caught on the bounce and no second bite of the cherry. My money is on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Could this be the year the jackeens get caught on the bounce and no second bite of the cherry. My money is on it

What's your bet? I think there's less chance, Dublin will be the only county with all their players in their respective county. Have probably started randomly meeting in groups of 15 in North and south Dublin parks from yesterday morning. No other county has all their players residing in their county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

franglan wrote: »
    What's your bet? I think there's less chance, Dublin will be the only county with all their players in their respective county. Have probably started randomly meeting in groups of 15 in North and south Dublin parks from yesterday morning. No other county has all their players residing in their county.

It would be naive to think Kerry lads living in Cork are not able to get home or somewhere to do some training in groups. The only advantage the Dubs have is they can use pitches, that won't be a factor come September I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

It would be naive to think Kerry lads living in Cork are not able to get home or somewhere to do some training in groups. The only advantage the Dubs have is they can use pitches, that won't be a factor come September I don't think.

Probably won't be an issue in September agreed. Currently it's not recommended to cross county boundaries, not an issue for the dubs is my point. Gives them a jump-start until 29th June anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

franglan wrote: »
    Probably won't be an issue in September agreed. Currently it's not recommended to cross county boundaries, not an issue for the dubs is my point. Gives them a jump-start until 29th June anyway.

It's a notional advantage IMO, if the Dubs are training Kerry and Galway are too.

Right.... thanks for the insight

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

With Championship due to be played during the Winter Period - Tyrone at 20/1 must be a value bet for the All-Ireland? Poor weather conditions would suit their playing style more so than the likes of Kerry/Donegal/Galway or any other main competitor to Dublin. Thoughts?

I see Dublin have lost jack McCaffrey for the year. Would still say at this moment it’s a Kerry / Dublin Sam for whoever wants it. After that galway and maybe donegal.
    Tyrone have f*ck all that came through and as dangerous as a toothpick up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

I see Dublin have lost jack McCaffrey for the year. Would still say at this moment it’s a Kerry / Dublin Sam for whoever wants it. After that galway and maybe donegal.
    Tyrone have f*ck all that came through and as dangerous as a toothpick up front

i think Jack Mc Caffrey is a massive loss to that Dublin team, is so influential in so much of there play. him getting injured in the final that year was the changing of that game.

Anyone take a punt on mayo ? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

think the other teams mentioned are a good bit ahead of Mayo at the moment, but wouldnt be the first time they proved me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭DubCount

Not for me. I think the backbone of the team that could have/should have won an All Ireland in the last few years have a lot of miles up on the clock. To win this year, the draw will mean the would probably need to beat Galway, Kerry and Dublin. Thats a big ask.

I reckon the Dubs are fragile this year. Their defence does not have the same level of cover that their forwards do, and Jack Mc not playing is a massive loss. Having said that, I think Kerry are by far the best placed team to knock them off top spot.

Yeah, ye got a handy draw in Leinster only meeting kildare or Meath in the final but not that that matters, both those times have went backwards. I’m sure Dessie will have them primed for post leinster!

As a tyrone man I don’t believe we are even in the top 5. Galway were excellent in the league but they need to carry it into championship.
    I’d be the same as you- Dublin number 1, then Kerry, then Galway or donegal. After that it’s up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone got anything on the Ballyboden game today? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Follow a lad on twitter who has advised the below 4fold this weekend

Dr Crokes 2/9 (v Templenoe)
    Nemo Rangers 1/8 (v Valley Rovers)
    Ballyboden St Endas 1/8 (v Clontarf)
    Scotstown 4/9 (v Truagh)

Pays around 1.2/1

Anyone got any info on any team above before I back this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Dr Crokes have 1 or 2 injuries to senior players, but should still win.

Nemo played Crokes in a friendly last week and were leading by 2 points before the game was abandoned due to 2 bad injuries, 1 for each team. Luke Connolly was not playing for Nemo, not sure if he was injured or not.

is this championship in those respective counties this week lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Same As wrote: »
    Dr Crokes have 1 or 2 injuries to senior players, but should still win.

Nemo played Crokes in a friendly last week and were leading by 2 points before the game was abandoned due to 2 bad injuries, 1 for each team. Luke Connolly was not playing for Nemo, not sure if he was injured or not.

Cheers, think i’ll leave it off to be honest, too short for my liking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Looking to put together an accum for county champions or maybe if at bigger prices, a yankee. Has anybody any thoughts on potential county champions?
    How will the tight schedule effect divisional teams like Imokilly and Mid Kerry? Will they be also playing with their clubs during this time?
    St. Martins are favourites for hurling and football in Wexford, have they much of a cross over with players? I'm sure it will be tough to win both if they do so there could be possible value elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Marv8 wrote: »
    Looking to put together an accum for county champions or maybe if at bigger prices, a yankee. Has anybody any thoughts on potential county champions?
    How will the tight schedule effect divisional teams like Imokilly and Mid Kerry? Will they be also playing with their clubs during this time?
    St. Martins are favourites for hurling and football in Wexford, have they much of a cross over with players? I'm sure it will be tough to win both if they do so there could be possible value elsewhere?

Dont really do anything above trebles,but Bar One are top price for Ballyhale in KK which is nailed on.
    Also Paddy Power specials, Kilruane are 7s for Tipperary,only lost by a point against Munster champs last year in semi,if they win this weekend v Thurles they will be less than half that.
    Also Mt Leinster/Dunloy double at 6/1 wont be far off.
    Problem with these bets is that the championships could be abandoned at any stage.

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Dont really do anything above trebles,but Bar One are top price for Ballyhale in KK which is nailed on.
    Also Paddy Power specials, Kilruane are 7s for Tipperary,only lost by a point against Munster champs last year in semi,if they win this weekend v Thurles they will be less than half that.
    Problem with these bets is that the championships could be abandoned at any stage.

Ballyhale 11/10 forgot to mention odds.

You wouldn't be worried about the loss of M Fennelly and I presume Aidan Mullen is still out? Also I've noticed they can often start the championship slow so the new format might not suit them?

Marv8 wrote: »
    You wouldn't be worried about the loss of M Fennelly and I presume Aidan Mullen is still out? Also I've noticed they can often start the championship slow so the new format might not suit them?

Mullan will be back for the later rounds,they have an unbelievable squad,way better than the rest. They have started slow previous years but the longer break will do them no harm after 2 long seasons. 2 of their group games are against relegation candidates Tullaroan and Danesfort also.11/10 represents great value.Odds on most other firms.

Mullan will be back for the later rounds,they have an unbelievable squad,way better than the rest. They have started slow previous years but the longer break will do them no harm after 2 long seasons. 2 of their group games are against relegation candidates Tullaroan and Danesfort also.11/10 represents great value.Odds on most other firms.

That's good enough for me, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

St. Laurences to beat Eadestown in the Kildare SFC is 10/11. This is a very good price. Eadestown will be favorites for relegation, Larries are a decent senior side. Two league games to date show both teams with a win and loss each but St. Laurences are a division higher than Eadestown. Great value bet, IMO.

Sarsfields to beat JTB at 1/3 is also great value. The Sash are current champions and are clear favorites yet again, they've started very well in the league. JTB are a good side but no where near the level of Sarsfields. Daniel Flynn misses the game through injury for JTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Lundstram wrote: »
    St. Laurences to beat Eadestown in the Kildare SFC is 10/11. This is a very good price. Eadestown will be favorites for relegation, Larries are a decent senior side. Two league games to date show both teams with a win and loss each but St. Laurences are a division higher than Eadestown. Great value bet, IMO.

Sarsfields to beat JTB at 1/3 is also great value. The Sash are current champions and are clear favorites yet again, they've started very well in the league. JTB are a good side but no where near the level of Sarsfields. Daniel Flynn misses the game through injury for JTB.

Hi Lundstram,

I’ve gotten similar word from a friend of mine in Kildare, he gave those two and Raheens as the stand out bets, any opinion on that game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

pablo24 wrote: »
    Hi Lundstram,

I’ve gotten similar word from a friend of mine in Kildare, he gave those two and Raheens as the stand out bets, any opinion on that game?
    Raheens will be favorites for sure and there's strong rumours Maynooth's talisman Neil Flynn has pulled a hamstring and will miss the game. Raheens play a division higher than Maynooth in the league, winning one (4-14 to 1-14 last weekend against St. Laurences) and drawing one. Maynooth lost last weekend by 2 points to TMH but did have an impressive win against Kilcock the weekend before.

All things considered, 6/4 about a Raheens win is a very good price.

• Advertisement

Setting up a bet365 account. Anyone know what they are like for accepting sizeable bets?100 euro on handicap 10/11 etc. Heard they limit your stake fairly early?Ladbrokes have limited me.

Advertisement