Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

1484950515254»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone think this could be a scam?

http://steam-gift-cards.com/?user=a03f30

Yes. Yes I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yes. Yes I do.

I figured as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I tend to sing when I'm working a shift and a dinner rush starts. Partly due to the adrenaline. When I'm in a good mood the music starts. Video game soundtracks are regularly part of my grill setlist. Launched into a load of fallout songs tonight on the shift. It was made all the more fun when the other kitchen staff joined in. 10 hours of "big iron" and "stars of the midnight range"

Beautiful

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I haven't played games in ages. :( I had a bit of a nostalgia buzz last night after watching some Zero Punctuation videos on YouTube. Went and watched run-through videos of Soleil and Sonic 2 from the Sega Mega-Drive and Hogs of War on the PS1. Classics. :D

I should raid my parents' house and see if my old PS2 is still there. Should have Vice City, the Sega Mega Collection and a few other old favourites lying around somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Last computa' game I played was Gran Turismo 2. Last year when I moved over here I bought a PS1 (old big grey box yoke) for 10 beans from a CEX type place. Then bought GT2. Haven't played it for a while now. I had a PSone (smaller one) and GT2 when I was around 11, so the nostalgia has been amaaaaazing. :D

Wouldn't mind a Xbox One or even 360 but I'm way too broke for that now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I started playing Skyrim again the other week.

Man, how I wish there was a game with Skyrim's production values that just ditched all the fantasy bollox. Seriously, I love running around the place and fighting with swords and bows and arrows, but the second I meet some mage twat that just uses his hands to shoot electricity at me from across the room I instantly lose all interest in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

skyrim with the ASOIAF attitude maybe?. lots of swords etc, only whispers and hints of magic.

What I'd truly love to see would be a Skyrim/Fallout style game set in the world of Frank Herbert's Dune or The Dark Tower universe.
    The worlds those series' built are just begging to be roleplayed.

skyrim with the ASOIAF attitude maybe?. lots of swords etc, only whispers and hints of magic.

What I'd truly love to see would be a Skyrim/Fallout style game set in the world of Frank Herbert's Dune or The Dark Tower universe.
    The worlds those series' built are just begging to be roleplayed.

Thing is, that's very much the approach I take when playing Skyrim, in that I pretty much ignore magic and just use swords and archery. But there are so many enemies that utilise magic to an extent that I just get frustrated and give up 'cos I can't get close enough to slash their f*cking head open before I'm almost dead.

I'd love a Skyrim/Fallout set in the present day. Sort of like GTA meets Skyrim in that you can can go into every building, same quest system, etc.

I remember playing a Silent Hill game before, and you could wander around a school. It wasn't a destroyed school like in Fallout, it was just an ordinary school (with horror sh*t obvs). In Alone in the Dark you get to explore a huge manor house. I just love that stuff. The middle ages theme has been done to death in Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age now IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I haven't been playing much, but I've got to see a lot of Bloodborne over the last few months. What a game.

On a similar level, Dark Souls 3. So impressive. Games have come a long, long way in the last two generations.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've started a Steam account. It's kinda dangerous.

I've finished Darkside Detective and Dream Daddy, and I loved them both so much.

• Advertisement

I've started a Steam account. It's kinda dangerous.

I've finished Darkside Detective and Dream Daddy, and I loved them both so much.

I think D4RK ONION convinced me to set up a Steam account years ago, but I've long since forgotten my details. I gather it's something of a double-edged sword. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Dooooo it. Do it. It's so great, but so dangerous.

Stardew Valley is my latest game, and it's so adorable and sweet. Makes after work infinitely better.

It took me a month to do it, but I managed to get 100% completion on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City during the first half of lockdown on my old PS2.

I never played Liberty City Stories or San Andreas when they first came out but I have both here now. I also picked up a secondhand copy of Bully/Canis Canem Edit. I might get them finished in time for the PS5 release date...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I've played League of Legends everyday for about a month now...fully addicted

A friend convinced us last week to buy a PS5 and to set up a PSN account. Then we discovered that PS5s cannot be got anywhere in Ireland at the moment. -_-

Advertisement