Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 521: 9/5/20 - 15/5/20

• 13-06-2020 11:59am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

bernard0368
    49879922373_3cfb5728fd_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Adrian.Sadlier
    49884734912_3ab39abf4b_c.jpg

Keps
    49867624961_69f91dcd13_c.jpg

Pete4130
    49873689216_3a3c889e0a_c.jpg

NEW WAVE
    1F62sK4.jpg

Congratulations bernard0368
    Well done HMs

Bernard, could you give us some information on the winning shot please? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Wow -all great photos

It's interesting that 'wildlife' seems to be in ascendancy these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

keps wrote: »
    Wow -all great photos

It's interesting that 'wildlife' seems to be in ascendancy these days?

Or maybe it's the absence of our normal interactions with each other! Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

And allows us a moment to see what was always around us, but unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Hah, fox pictures. We have two guinea pigs. Come summer, and after a long and storied amazon saga, we got a hutch to put them outside for a few months. Cue the arrival of what is probably the biggest fox I have ever seen. Disclaimer: I quite like foxes. I don't like foxes that are trying to devour the beloved family pets.

Day 1: we woke up to find the water bottle pulled off the front of the hutch, hay strewn everywhere, the removable tray at the bottom of the hutch pulled out, chewed up, fox asleep on the wall above the hutch.

Day 2: Moved the hutch to beside the house w/ sensor lights, woke up to find the fox asleep in the middle of the garden, a huge fox poo RIGHT ON THE ROOF OF THE HUTCH.

Day 3: Moved the Guineas into the shed for the night, into their old wire cage. Fox dug underneath one of the corners of the shed, chewed his way through the rest of the wall, spent what seems to have been a considerable amount of time bending the bars of the cage, managed to chew off the latch on the door but didn't open it, lucky guineas :-O

Day 4: Guinea pigs are now behind lock and key in the garage from dusk till the next day. Flippin' foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks everyone and especially Myksyk for the continuous work here.
    This was taken pre-pandemic as part of a now delayed project on urban wildlife.
    I was looking as alternative processing techniques due to the inability to get out and about.
    @ DaireQuinlan I have certainly noticed that some foxes are determined buggers when it comes to a meal.

Advertisement