Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Combination bets on Lotto/euromillions

• 06-02-2020 6:42pm

Is it possible to do combination bets such as Lucky 15s on the lotto or alternatively a bet where you select more numbers than required to win the bet (like doing 6 horses in a trifecta)? No bookie appears to advertise such bets nor can I find much detail online.

Trying to find angles to get a bit more chance of collecting on lotto bets other than the straight 3 or 4 number bets that you have to get all to win. I always do the official euromillions twice a week also so would like my bets to be a bit more creative some of the time anyway.

Also have paddy power completely stopped bets on euromillions or is it just on the app?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Is it possible to do combination bets such as Lucky 15s on the lotto or alternatively a bet where you select more numbers than required to win the bet (like doing 6 horses in a trifecta)? No bookie appears to advertise such bets nor can I find much detail online.

Trying to find angles to get a bit more chance of collecting on lotto bets other than the straight 3 or 4 number bets that you have to get all to win. I always do the official euromillions twice a week also so would like my bets to be a bit more creative some of the time anyway.

Also have paddy power completely stopped bets on euromillions or is it just on the app?

Have seen combination options on both '365 and BSpt both with decent enough odds, for both Ire & uk regular lottos, but some limits on max payout, moreso with BS.

The Euromills can be trickier depending on your IP ping (unless using VPN etc) as Camelot in the uk and perhaps some other regions of Europe pushed legistation back in April, banning (online) bookies using 'their' euromillions game as they were loosing regular ticket sales to them.

Easy enough to get around this (for EM) by using shops, VPN, 3rd party, relative or a contact (assuming gents agreement in place) in a jurisdiction that allows it. In the uk camelot now offer em-hotpicks which is handy enough if at shorter odds but better payment assurance.

The bet365 combination bet is the sort of thing I’m looking for but I’m not really getting how it’s calculating the outcome (I’m usually very quick to understand bets).
    K
    To keep it simple I pick 3 numbers and the options are singe 8/1, double 100/1 and treble 1500/1. If I do a double to me that means if any of my 2 number come up out of the 3 I’ve chosen I win.

The win amount give for a double at 100/1 is 300 to a 1 euro bet though which I’m not getting. Why would you multiply by the combination about rather than the stake amount? I.e. if I do a 1 euro jackpot but pick extra horses the cost of the bet goes up but the stake is still 1 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The win amount give for a double at 100/1 is 300 to a 1 euro bet though which I’m not getting. .
    Not sure what you mean, best to screengrab the betslip.

From the 3 ball combination, there are x3 possible doubles, thus to get (max potential) returns of 300, all three would have to land, and you'd actually have to stake 1euro x3 so €3 bet.
    More likely would be you stake the €3 but on average, at best, just get one double result (if lucky) and get returns of 100 from the 3. Effectively turns the combo into a 33/1 chance.

Not sure what you mean, best to screengrab the betslip.

From the 3 ball combination, there are x3 possible doubles, thus to get (max potential) returns of 300, all three would have to land, and you'd actually have to stake 1euro x3 so €3 bet.
    More likely would be you stake the €3 but on average, at best, just get one double result (if lucky) and get returns of 100 from the 3. Effectively turns the combo into a 33/1 chance.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the bet. If I pick 3 numbers and do a treble it’s costs 1 euro and I assume I have to hit all 3 numbers to win anything and the win would be 1500 euro (1500/1). If I pick 4 balls and do a treble the cost goes to 3 euro as I’ve added an extra ball (thats normal and I understand) but the win amount goes to 6000 as the max win.

I’d have expected the max win to stay the same as your aim is get a treble. If you get 3/4 balls you win the bet if you get 4/4 one ball would be just discounted? Do you get what I’m saying?

I’m may be incorrectly looking on it like picking 4 horses in a trifecta. If you get 3 your win if you get too 4th place too nothing changes.

........ If I pick 4 balls and do a treble the cost goes to 3 euro as I’ve added an extra ball (thats normal and I understand) but the win amount goes to 6000 as the max win.

The bet is being taken as 4 X €1 trebles.
    If 3 of the 4 comes in you get €1500 (1 treble landed) but if the 4 numbers come in then all 3 trebles are winners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement